• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Do you have a favorite Pokemon on your team?

Mine would have to be my Water Spot Blastoise. She can take down a grass, electric or ice type down in a sec with her moves!

Glaceon, with a little support becomes a very deadly dragon killer. Baton Pass some speed boosts, and get hail allows Glaceon to wreck overused dragons, and Hidden Power (I think either ground or rock) helps cover some weaknesses.

A particular favorite strategy of mine as of late though is abusing Ninetails Drought ability and Typhlosion's Fire Gem boosted Eruption, namely in triple battles. There isn't much that can outspeed my Typhlosion, and with a sun + fire Gem boosted Eruption at full power, it's not uncommon I can wipe out half the opposing team in a single blow. Ninetails is equipped to cover weaknesses + resistances and abuse Solar Beam, and I also have a Gallade, or Scizor, again to provide coverage against surviving foes.

Chansey with counter, toxic, and softboiled/rest (depending which one). It isn't the best thing in the world, but it sure does grief--especially in gen I. Swordsdancing charizard is also a favorite, and lapras is always a friendly face. At least one of the three is always tagging along, but chansey is just so cute ;*)

I'm playing Emerald right now and my favorite has to be my Combusken :) I caught the others so they can cover my Combusken's weaknesses. I know I'm horrible. *FAVORITISM*

I always play with a Pokemon I'm at least neutral. I go for looks over power. My only exception is when the Pokemon evolves from one I think is cute/okay because I'm too attached by then to dump it my Box. Still, I do have some absolute favorites

My Red cartridge stopped working a long time ago and I like Yellow better so I'm going with it. Nearly my entire team: all the starters(the Kanto starters are the only ones I like almost equally from first to final evolution), Snorlax, and Pikachu.

My Gold stopped saving and I always liked Crystal better so I'm going with that; I have Miltank and Typlosion(including its first forms).

Sapphire- Blaziken and Crobat(including its first forms)

Emerald- Swampert(only because it evolved from Mudkip), Aggron(including first forms), and Breloom

FireRed- Nearly my whole team: Blastoise(including first forms), Pidgeot(including first forms), Raichu(including first form), Nidoqueen(including first forms), and Arcanine(including first form)

Platinum- Over half my team: Empoleon(only because of Piplup), Roserade(including first forms), Luxray(including first forms), and Golem(including first forms)

Soulsilver- Over half my team: Feraligatr(only because of it's first forms), Victreebel(including first forms), Steelix(including first form), and Ninetales(including first form)

I'm still working on Black and White, but I started with Snivy in Black and Oshawott in White. They're both so adorable and I like their evolutions too.

Last edited:
Hm since i transfer all of my pokemon ahead to black I don't have favorites in each game. I like all of the pokemon in my main team though they are:

Cinder/typhlosion (starter in HG)
Big. B(don't ask)/Dragonite(From blackthorn city in HG)
mew(real not hacked)
Deoxys(real not hacked)
Kyurem(shiny)real not hacked
porygon-z(shiny) recieved in trade but it says it's a wi-fi gift so it may be real

The reason I say real not hacked is because if you hacked to get them then there not as rare as the real deal, because you could just hack for them

Please note: The thread is from 12 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom