• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Do You Have Any Advices For Me?

Kyuuketsuki

◓Gypsy Vanner Horse
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I am currently attempting to write a story. It will be my first one-shot and my first take on a canon character as well as my first backstory.
The character I'm attempting to write about is Bill with appearances from Ethan and Lanette and possibly more.

Do you have any advices for me?

Well, I'd imagine Bill as a kind of scientist who always manages to screw things up in a hilarious fashion. I could also imagine him being extremely enthusiastic and hyperactive.

One question, though. Who the heck is Lanette?

Well, I'd imagine Bill as a kind of scientist who always manages to screw things up in a hilarious fashion. I could also imagine him being extremely enthusiastic and hyperactive.

One question, though. Who the heck is Lanette?

The girl in RSE who modifies the system, and gives you a doll, she lives in a route, and her house is messy. It has been stated that she helped create the PC system, and modified it.

EDIT: Forgot to mention, thanks for the advice, I never thought of putting humour in there. :p

For a character like Bill, who has appeared in numerous canons, you should try doing research into each and every 'Bill' to see which one you like best. For me, I prefer the anime Bill, who came across as more of an eccentric than in the Adventures manga, where he just came across as a bit clumsy.

I'd say if you're going to use Lanette, I'd use Brigette as well. Both of them have hardly been touched by non-game canon (Only appearing in Adventures, outside of the games). I'd imagine Lanette to rather reclusive, for example, she gives the player character in RSE a doll for keeping her location a secret. You could easily make it a romantic comedy if you have Bill and Lanette, who are both shown to be rather reclusive, fall for each other, with Brigette, being more confident, trying to persuade the two to actually get out more. Brigette does look like the more confident older sister, while Lanette looks like a shy younger sister.

If you're set on using Ethan (Who to be honest, seems rather out of place in the character list), you could have the scenario of Ethan wanting to get Bill to fix the trade machine so he can trade with a friend in Hoenn, which would obviously result in him contacting Lanette.

What genre are you looking for by the way?

For a character like Bill, who has appeared in numerous canons, you should try doing research into each and every 'Bill' to see which one you like best. For me, I prefer the anime Bill, who came across as more of an eccentric than in the Adventures manga, where he just came across as a bit clumsy.

I'd say if you're going to use Lanette, I'd use Brigette as well. Both of them have hardly been touched by non-game canon (Only appearing in Adventures, outside of the games). I'd imagine Lanette to rather reclusive, for example, she gives the player character in RSE a doll for keeping her location a secret. You could easily make it a romantic comedy if you have Bill and Lanette, who are both shown to be rather reclusive, fall for each other, with Brigette, being more confident, trying to persuade the two to actually get out more. Brigette does look like the more confident older sister, while Lanette looks like a shy younger sister.

If you're set on using Ethan (Who to be honest, seems rather out of place in the character list), you could have the scenario of Ethan wanting to get Bill to fix the trade machine so he can trade with a friend in Hoenn, which would obviously result in him contacting Lanette.

What genre are you looking for by the way?

I plan for it to be based on the games. As in the games he's the one who builds the PC storage system (with Lanette), Ethan will be there for the free Eevee. I did plan on having Bill and Lanette in a romance. I am just researching all of Bill's appearances and references in the games, including his family.

No. It will be set before Gen I, before the PC system was invented. And will span until probably Gen IV, when he gives an Eevee to Bebe.

The idea as a whole sounds great. Bill is interesting and important in the games but many people, such as myself, usually just forget him.

If it's just an excuse, I say don't write it in.

It's the Chekhov's Gun principle. If something's not important to the plot or message of the story, it shouldn't go in.

Now, if you can think of a really good reason to keep it in, other than it being "just an excuse", by all means, do so.

If it's just an excuse, I say don't write it in.

It's the Chekhov's Gun principle. If something's not important to the plot or message of the story, it shouldn't go in.

Now, if you can think of a really good reason to keep it in, other than it being "just an excuse", by all means, do so.

It actually will tied to two other events. But Ethan himself won't be important.

Please note: The thread is from 13 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom