• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Do you have any hopes for new/returning Pokemon in Scarlet and Violet?

I hope gen 8 starters and legendary pokemon (and legends pokemon) are transferable into the games. Gen 7 got that much with base swsh. I want scorbunny tbh. Other than that I want alphas to return.

Hoping for a grass fairy Sprigatito and a fire dragon fuecoco.

A grass fire type pokemon would be neat too.

I hope gen 8 starters and legendary pokemon (and legends pokemon) are transferable into the games. Gen 7 got that much with base swsh. I want scorbunny tbh. Other than that I want alphas to return.

For the grass/fire type, it must be a jalapeno.

I don't really have hopes for returning Pokemon, because usually I like the use all new Pokemon on my team if I can. (and also I'm not really into competitive play so I don't have any old staples I'd use there)

I have a long list of old Pokemon I love that it would be cool just to see and have there, but I'm not going to list them all.

For new Pokemon, I think a Fire/Fairy type would be cool....I don't think we have that typing yet do we? Also I think an ice/poison type could be really interesting. On that note I hope poison and ice types can get more love this gen. I feel like they're often the types that get shafted in terms of number of new Pokemon.

We all have hopes for Scarlet and Violet, but most of that is just the starter's evolution. Maybe we can get a Fire/Fairy type peacock? A tomato creature? A hummingbird? A kite regional bird? A bipedal Fighting/Ground Pokemon? Maybe, just maybe we can FINALLY get a dolphin?

- I don't know if there will be a Dolphin in Scarlet/Violet, but there will definitely be one in the franchise's future, as the demand for a representative Pokémon of the species only seems to increase. As for returning Pokémon, I'll be stunned if there aren't a bunch of them.

My predictions:

I already made my speculations about the game. You can find that here.

Starter Evolutions:

Sprigatito: Grass/Dark
Fuecoco: Fire/Dragon
Quaxly: Water/Fighting

I have a feeling that almost every Pokemon will return somehow, one way or another.

Fire/Dragon Fuecoco is never gonna happen, unless Quaxly evolves into a Ground or Rock type secondary form. We have seen that they either make the Water/Grass/Fire starters pure typed, so that they stay strong against eachother or have a secondary type that combats the neutrality of the base type (Like how Torterra became part Ground because Empoleons Steel typing making Grass neutral).
Every type triangle we got either did that, or the base typings stayed strong against eachother, not taking in mind the secondary typing
Gen 1: Venusaur and Charizard gained secondary typings. They didn't matter however, since Charizard could still hurt Venusaur with Fire, Venusaur could hit Blastoise with Grass and Blastoise could hit Charizard with Water
Gen 3: Again two secondary typings, but didn't matter either, cuz the base typings could hurt eachother still
Gen 4: Empoleon became Water/Steel, making Grass neutral. This in the end, resulting in Torterra becoming Part ground to combat Emploleons steel typing. The Empoleon and Infernape typings didn't matter, cuz Empoleon could still hurt Infernape with Water.
Gen 5: Same
Gen 6: Both the base typing as the secondary typing was a perfect triangle in terms of advantages.
Gen 7: Incineroar being quad strong against Decidueye doesn't really matter in the long run based on the typings, since Primarina could still hurt Incineroar with water (Despite Fire resisting Fairy, making it neutral against Incineroar) and Decidueye could hit Primarina with Grass.

Fire/Dragon however (And by extension Water/Dragon) as permanent typings on a starter is problematic.
1. Fire/Dragon means its only weak to three types (Technically two, since if we get one Dragon starter, the other ones won't be it).
2. Fire resists Fairy
3. Dragon resists Water
4. This means a Water/Fairy type isn't possible either
5. It forces the Water starter to become either part Rock or part Ground to stand a chance against Fire/Dragon starter

Fire/Dragon however (And by extension Water/Dragon) as permanent typings on a starter is problematic.
1. Fire/Dragon means its only weak to three types (Technically two, since if we get one Dragon starter, the other ones won't be it).
2. Fire resists Fairy
3. Dragon resists Water
4. This means a Water/Fairy type isn't possible either
5. It forces the Water starter to become either part Rock or part Ground to stand a chance against Fire/Dragon starter

Does it though? I mean, they can branch out. But if not Fire/Dragon, its gonna be Fire/Ground or Fire/Rock

Does it though? I mean, they can branch out. But if not Fire/Dragon, its gonna be Fire/Ground or Fire/Rock
Fire/Ghost is also an option. I know some people don't think they'd repeat typings so soon, but ultimately Game Freak doesn't have to follow "rules" made up by the fanbase.

I know some people don't think they'd repeat typings so soon,
Fire Fighting would like a word with these people.

Anyways I don't really have any particular wishes for returning pokemon because as a rule i only ever use new pokemon anyways (Unless the old pokemon has the new gimmick, like with mega's or gmax)

I would like to see Minior again, especially if it gets some kind of upgrade which makes it more usable.

i want a fairy rat!! and a regional hydreigon form, preferably fairy :). i've always wanted a pokemon that starts as a guinea pig and evolves into a capybara as well, it could be a cool design for a ground type or water type. it would be interesting if they decided to make new forms for lugia and ho-oh or the gen 2 roamers! maybe the roamers could be changed to a type they're weak to- ground raikou, grass suicune and water or rock entei, for example. as for lugia, what if it was fire/ground and ho-oh was water/flying? lots of possibilities, and i like what they did with the gen 1 legendary birds!

i want some uncommon type combos, like fairy/dragon, ice/fire, fire/grass and ice/poison. and it would be cool to see regional forms of past starters like legends arceus did, but i suspect that'll be limited to the legends games if they become a staple in the franchise.

also i want a new wooper/quagsire form, or even an evo! imagine fire/ground quagsire :D

I'm all for 100+ new Pokemon for Gen 9, but I also like the idea of 95 being added so this gen's National Dex can end on 1000. I wonder if the Regional Professor will specialize their research in Pokemon types.

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom