• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Do you have any hopes for new/returning Pokemon in Scarlet and Violet?

They're really not that similar besides being round green plant pokemon, in which case- someone better tell Skiploom to skip town.

What does Skiploom have that Budew and Smoliv doesn't? Arms. So its not really similair.

Then we have Smoliv and Buduw being similair. Same body structure, same feet and a bulb on their heads. Only true distinct difference between them is the color.

What does Skiploom have that Budew and Smoliv doesn't? Arms. So its not really similair.

Then we have Smoliv and Buduw being similair. Same body structure, same feet and a bulb on their heads. Only true distinct difference between them is the color.
They are distinctly different pokemon. It's not like you can't tell them apart, not like they're the exact same type, and not like they will evolve into the same damn things.

If one stage looking vaguely alike was an issue, I think these two wouldn't have both been in SwSh-

840.png
761.png

Yeah I understand getting confused at first glance because honestly, we’re over 1000 designs in at this point so sometimes things will share key similarities, but also…

The design team consistently does a fantastic job at working on designs until they have unique features or aspects that make them stand out from other designs. Because they literally have to. lol

Smoliv’s body is actually a completely different shape than Budew’s body, Budew has leaves in different places than Smoliv does, etc. The differences are definitely there.

I recently realized we've gotten a dog pretty much every single gen. (maybe not gen 4 depending on how you feel about Lucario)

Is anyone hoping for a specific new dog? Maybe a regional variant of an old dog instead?

I would personally like an Ice type; maybe based on a Mastiff.

I recently realized we've gotten a dog pretty much every single gen. (maybe not gen 4 depending on how you feel about Lucario)

Is anyone hoping for a specific new dog? Maybe a regional variant of an old dog instead?

I love dogs! <3

Uhhh... a better variant for the Growlithe line because I really hate Hisuian Arcanine.

Other than that- a newfoundland or tibetan mastiff or some other big fluffy dog breed because currently the only big thick fluffy doggo we've got is Arcanine and I want some more big floofy boofers.

...oh I guess we have Stoutland but Stoutland's an ugly dog. >=/ More cute big floofy boofers!

It'd be awesome to have an ice type wolf pokemon. For some reason there's very few wolf pokemon compared to the amount of dogs.
Probably because there's a bajillion different dog breeds versus a few species of pretty identical wolves, and we only just started getting any wolves two generations ago.

But ooh, how about a coyote pokemon? A coyote would also be nice!

Technically Gen 7 too because Rockruff is more of a wolf.

I'm always down for more dog Pokemon. Give me some more good boys. A big fluffy ice-type doggo would be really cute, maybe based on a Great Pyrenees or an oversized Samoyed. Heck, the Great Pyrenees would actually kind of fit, considering it originates from Pyrenees Mountains that separate France and Spain (though they are technically from the French side, but we have tons of Pokemon who do not come from the same area as the animals they are based on). Idk I just want a gentle giant ice dog.

Good number of Spanish dog breeds- 26 Spanish Dog Breeds - With DESCRIPTIONS & PHOTOS!

Only one I hope they don't pick is the Spanish water dog even though we could use a water dog- I just rather it not look like a poofy poodle.

Other popular dogs in Spain are the papillon, Great Pyrenees, and Spanish mastiff. Love the idea of them choosing any of those- especially the papillon as a pre-evo to something? With those butterfly ears <3

We're getting Venonat and Venomoth in a new regional dex for the first time in nearly a quarter of a century (no appearance in a regional dex since...JOHTO!). Welcome back to the two Pokemon that the world (both Pokemon and the real) forgot (I'm not joking, it has been a long time since they were included in a regional dex, last included when Sydney hosted the Olympic Games).

I am thinking we're getting a regional variant of Tauros, and probably a steel-type Eeveelution. Or maybe a water-type regional variant (a water-type Tauros would be good).

And with the Kanto and Johto Pokemon, it looks like we won't get a Kanto-pandering as its looks pretty balanced so far (15 Kanto Pokemon and 13 Johto Pokemon, and remember that there was 100 Pokemon introduced in Johto compared to 151 in Kanto, so on a per capita basis, Scarlet and Violet will have more Johto than Kanto). And speaking of Johto, I would like to see the Johto starters be available in the games to prove that they haven't been forgotten.

Last edited:
Just regular cross-generational evolutions, please. Especially for Johto and Hoenn, but Venomoth also comes to mind.

And speaking of Johto, I would like to see the Johto starters be available in the games to prove that they haven't been forgotten.
BDSP are pretty recent.

I may be a crazy cat lady, but.

I demand a Pomeranian. Just don't make it evolve into a ChowChow. I'm scared of those. When I was like pre-elementary school we had a Chowchow and it attempted to devour my face one day. Got a scar on my lip and under one of my elbows. I always forget which one. Since its where I can't ever see it unless I check a mirror.

I’ll be content with the Phanpy line so I can use the shiny Donphan I got from Home. Most likely not picking up BDSP, definitely not just for that.

Beyond that, unique regional variants would be cool. I know we’re already getting some mons from Hisui, but I really like new twists on old classics.

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom