• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Do you have any hopes for new/returning Pokemon in Scarlet and Violet?

I really really really want Flabebe and it's evolutions to return! With maybe a new regional flower design
Flabébé has already been confirmed in the trailer. It's in the grass near the player's house, although they're obviously very tiny and a bit hard to see.

I would actually like it if they brought back ultra beasts, but I feel pretty confident they won’t. I think they open up so many new cool doors and I think they give a lot to explore, and having them stuck in one generation feels like a waste

I’m disappointed that Starly made it in SV instead of Taillow. Starly is just everywhere and we need more birds variety.

I hope the Beldum line made it in, and that the Dratini fountain wasn't another Fletchling weather vane.

For new ones I'm hoping for a Griffin. It's not directly connected to Spain, though.

I hope the Beldum line made it in, and that the Dratini fountain wasn't another Fletchling weather vane.

For new ones I'm hoping for a Griffin. It's not directly connected to Spain, though.
A lot of Galar Pokémon aren't related to Britain, either. Never really has been the case, even.

Anyway, I hope they mainly add those who didn't appear in SwSh, first.

I’m disappointed that Starly made it in SV instead of Taillow. Starly is just everywhere and we need more birds variety.
i do kinda agree with this–starly is one of my favorites of the regions birds, but it was just in the last two games

I'm just going to drop this here out of boredom because I can't find the other returning Pokemon thread I could of sworn existed.
SWSH had transfer exclusive Pokemon right? Well I suspect SV will do the same, and those Pokemon based on just what were there in SWSH I think are.
  • The Galar Starter Lines
  • Zacian Zamazenta and Eternatus
  • Zarude
  • Kubfu Line
  • Calyrex and The Horses
  • The PLA Starter Lines
  • Dialga Palkia and maybe Arceus and Giratina
  • As Much as I wish otherwise probably the Kanto Starter Lines (If not them being in the main game which I wouldn't put past gamefreak)
And maybe some other random Legendaries/Mythicals like they had with Unova and some others but I'm less sure on this one because this list is already on par with the number of SWSH transfer exclusives (If not a few less sense Venusaur and Blastoise lines were Transfer exclusive too pre isle of armor)

Edit: Could also see the rest of the PLA starter's OG trio's (Johto Unova Alola starter lines) Being transfer exclusives but again not sure as the list is already pretty on par with SWSH

Expanding on what I said earlier, there's some Pokemon that I think should return. That being any Pokemon with a Hisuian Variant (The OG form in game with the Hisuian Form as a Pokemon you can trade for), Perrserker assuming they keep letting you get regional variants from other regions of the Pokemon in the game like SWSH, and any Pokemon not yet on the switch assuming the next Nintendo console comes out before the next Pokemon generation.

That When added to the list of Pokemon seen in the first trailer along with some Pokemon who will probably return (Zangoose for Seviper and Eeveelutions because Eeveelutions) we get 112 Pokemon Not counting the tradeable regional variants. Of course there's a decent chance some of these Pokemon (Those not yet on the switch) will exist as regional variants instead with the OG forms being trades instead

Confirmed:
Starly
Staravia
Staraptor

Bounsweet
Steenee
Tsareena

Psyduck
Golduck

Combee
Vespiquen

Drifloon
Drifblim

Stonejourner

Meowth
Persian

Wingull
Pelipper

Clawitzer
Clawncher

Swablu
Altaria

Seviper

Hoppip
Skiploon
Jumpluff

Pichu
Pikachu
Raichu

Happini
Chansey
Blissey

Magnemite
Magneton
Magnezone

Larvitar
Pupitar
Tyranitar

Flebebe
Floette
Florges

Petilil
Liligant

Riolu
Lucario

Zorua
Zoroark

Should be in:
Perrzerker (Evolve Traded Galarian Meowth)

Zangoose (Because Seviper)

Eevee
Vaporeon
Jolteon
Flareon
Umbreon
Espeon
Leafeon
Glaceon
Sylveon

Growlite
Arcanine

Voltorb
Electrode

Quilfish

Sneasel
Weavile
Sneaseler (Evolve Traded Hisuian Sneasel)

Ruflet
Braviary

Goomy
Sligoo
Goodra

Bergmite
Avalugg

Patrat
Watchog

Pansage
Simisage

Pansear
Simisear

Panpour
Simipour

Bliztle
Zebstrika

Sewaddle
Swadloon
Leavanny

Ducklett
Swanna

Deerling
Sawsbuck

Amolamola

Tynamo
Eelektrik
Eelektross

Scatterbug
Spewpa
Vivileon

Litleo
Pyroar

Skiddo
Gogoat

Furfrou

Pikipek
Trumbeak
Toucannon

Yungoos
Gumshoos

Crabrawler
Crabominable

Oricorio

Minior

Komala

Bruxish

+Meloetta, Hoopa, Gen 5 Starters, Gen 6 Starters as transfer exclusives? (Not counted towards Total)

Edit: And assuming the list will be on par with SWSH returning Pokemon which is 315 from my counting (Not counting Variants), thats about 36% of the total returning Pokemon in SV

Edit 2: Forgot a few, the PLA mon thing would also mean Scizor Line Ursaring Line and Stantler Line should also be in, I also forgot Overqwill with Qwilfish and Basculegion + Basculin (evolve traded regional forms), along with Enamorous and the other Genies as transfer exclusives probably. Bringing the number up to 123 or 39% of total returning Pokemon. Excluding Transfer Exclusives.

Last edited:
Expanding on what I said earlier, there's some Pokemon that I think should return. That being any Pokemon with a Hisuian Variant (The OG form in game with the Hisuian Form as a Pokemon you can trade for), Perrserker assuming they keep letting you get regional variants from other regions of the Pokemon in the game like SWSH, and any Pokemon not yet on the switch assuming the next Nintendo console comes out before the next Pokemon generation.

That When added to the list of Pokemon seen in the first trailer along with some Pokemon who will probably return (Zangoose for Seviper and Eeveelutions because Eeveelutions) we get 112 Pokemon Not counting the tradeable regional variants. Of course there's a decent chance some of these Pokemon (Those not yet on the switch) will exist as regional variants instead with the OG forms being trades instead

Confirmed:
Starly
Staravia
Staraptor

Bounsweet
Steenee
Tsareena

Psyduck
Golduck

Combee
Vespiquen

Drifloon
Drifblim

Stonejourner

Meowth
Persian

Wingull
Pelipper

Clawitzer
Clawncher

Swablu
Altaria

Seviper

Hoppip
Skiploon
Jumpluff

Pichu
Pikachu
Raichu

Happini
Chansey
Blissey

Magnemite
Magneton
Magnezone

Larvitar
Pupitar
Tyranitar

Flebebe
Floette
Florges

Petilil
Liligant

Riolu
Lucario

Zorua
Zoroark

Should be in:
Perrzerker (Evolve Traded Galarian Meowth)

Zangoose (Because Seviper)

Eevee
Vaporeon
Jolteon
Flareon
Umbreon
Espeon
Leafeon
Glaceon
Sylveon

Growlite
Arcanine

Voltorb
Electrode

Quilfish

Sneasel
Weavile
Sneaseler (Evolve Traded Hisuian Sneasel)

Ruflet
Braviary

Goomy
Sligoo
Goodra

Bergmite
Avalugg

Patrat
Watchog

Pansage
Simisage

Pansear
Simisear

Panpour
Simipour

Bliztle
Zebstrika

Sewaddle
Swadloon
Leavanny

Ducklett
Swanna

Deerling
Sawsbuck

Amolamola

Tynamo
Eelektrik
Eelektross

Scatterbug
Spewpa
Vivileon

Litleo
Pyroar

Skiddo
Gogoat

Furfrou

Pikipek
Trumbeak
Toucannon

Yungoos
Gumshoos

Crabrawler
Crabominable

Oricorio

Minior

Komala

Bruxish

+Meloetta, Hoopa, Gen 5 Starters, Gen 6 Starters as transfer exclusives? (Not counted towards Total)

Edit: And assuming the list will be on par with SWSH returning pokemon which is 315 from my counting (Not counting Variants), thats about 36% of the total returning Pokemon in SV
I honestly, realistically, think we won't see all of SwSh's missing Pokémon (including new ones from PLA), although I hope it will be the case.

Yeah, more likely than not at least some Pokemon will miss out on the Switch Era.
Also I would like to point out a major error in what I said previously.
You can't actually get every previous regional variant (Aka Alolan forms) in SWSH, Not pre-dlc. So that does bring down the list I said above somewhat. Atleast, again, Pre-DLC.
I do however think all the Hisuian Forms are still likely to be in the game, but might be transfer exclusive rather than trades or task rewards.

Yes for Nickit. It and Thievul look perfect for a spanish region. Look at Thievul and tell me if that thing spoke human speech that it wouldn't come out in a suave spanish accent.

You can't. Because there is no way a humanized Thievul would not be the smoldering spanish rogue of the party.

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom