• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Do you have any Pokemon Anime headcanons?

Yoshi-san

All of the bara
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure us passionate Pokemon Anime fans have some headcanons about the show!

If you have any, you can post them here to share!

For people

• Misty has a crush on Ash. Not just because I'm a PokeShipper, but because I think it would be funny for her be stuck with a crush that will ultimately go nowhere. And the crush is why she's so tsundere - she wants to be with Ash, but he's too dense to noticed.
  • Misty also writes depressing poetry. And that poetry is terrible.
  • Cilan eats his Pokemon. But one day that will be established canon!
  • Conway followed Dawn to Unova.
  • Tons of trainers meet and help legendaries, like Ash. Ash just meets legendaries more frequently than others.
  • Giovanni sent the TRio to Unova because he knows they cause so much collateral damage and chaos. He didn't plan on them becoming srs, and thus had to rework his plans with them.
  • The random plans TR do in Unova (capturing Cottonee are Audino) were done simply because they were bored and had nothing to do.
  • Ash purposely loses to Trip so Trip would get overconfident. Then he'll steamroll Trip and crush his spirit later on.
  • Cilan watches his friends while they sleep.
  • Dawn was so friendly to Ash in DP because she's a brown-noser. In Unova she's sucking up to Iris.

For Pokemon

• Tepig and Oshawott are best bros. I had this idea until the Bouffalant episode had them fight.
  • Dwebble is a good friend to Ash's Pokemon and Axew.
  • Stunfisk is a loner, while Excadrill is usually with Iris.
  • Axew fully believes Iris is his mother.
  • Any time we get a scene with Emolga, Oshawott will be staring at her off-screen.

Last edited:
I have a headcanon that Silver from the Pokemon Chronicles episode is Ash's maternal Grandfather.

Most of my headcanon involves Ash and his family actually...like the cliche as hell "Giovanni is Ash's father" headcanon.

Here are my headcanons:
  • Ash loves Misty back but can't realize it yet untill he has competition for her
  • Iris likes Cilan which is why she calls his tasting time annoying
  • May and Drew have realized their feelings for eachother but are waiting to they are older to date
  • Solidad loves Harley
  • Dawn likes Ash but he will never return her feelings because he loves Misty
  • After DP Nando is now at the same level as Tobias and better than Zoey in contests
  • Nando is best friends with Tobias
  • Misty gets togetic back and doesn't evolve it
  • Pikachu is in love with Misty's togetic now that it's matured and can't be considered weird
  • Ash's father is Giovanni
  • Grimsley has two srafty's of opposite genders who are the parents to Ash's scraggy
  • Grimsley is in love with Elesa

- I believe that Zoey and Candice are lesbian lovers which were implied at the Snowpoint episodes. I truly must applaud the writers for promoting same-sex relationships in a mature and sophisticated manner.

- I believe that May came in the Top 4 again in the Johto GF

- I believe that there is no BF in Johto, simply because it seems to be in Sinnoh

- I believe Ash has a secret hatred of the Johto region, and never wants to step one foot on Johto soil ever again

- I believe Misty and Tracey have become best friends since they're the only two near each other now

- Max has received his first Pokemon now and is currently traveling with a bunch of traveling circus acrobats who make weird twitches every 9 seconds.

- Mewtwo is dead.

-Ash isn't dense about love. He just ignores it and plays stupid.
-Lance is actually Ash's father and is avoiding him and Delia in fear of getting...hurt.
-Volkner is gay
-Jasmine and Volkner are cousins that actually hate one another.
-Barry's "mother" is actually Palmer's sister whom raised Barry at a young age.
-Riley and Volkner also both secretly stalk Ash

General reminder, while people are free to have shipping-related head-canons, this is not the place to discuss different ships or debate different ships. I would also like all of you that have... er... inappropriate head-canons to tone it down a bit or not share them at all, because, well, this is still a rule:

Forum Rules said:
Inappropriate Content (5 points, 3 months)

Posting humorous pictures of graphic violence or sex is regarded as inappropriate content.

Posting written sexual content is also Inappropriate Content, with the only exception being properly labeled fanfics.
Posting written violent content is also subject to Inappropriate Content, with the only exception being properly labeled fanfics.

* Spencer Hale/Sully Snowdon from third movie is Satoshi's real father. He and Delia had an affair back then.
* Pokemon world is the future of our own planet. Pokemons are created by humans and all poke-creation stories are just myths.
* Both Harley and Shuu had a crush on Haruka.
* Sakaki is Hikari's father.

- Ash and Misty will become a couple once Ash becomes less dense towards romance. I become less hopeful in reality as time passes that the chemistry between the two will ever be explored again, or that Ash will even age to become aware about love, which brings me onto my next point.
- Pre-BW, Ash was aging steadily from saga to saga. I thought it would've made sense for at least a year to pass in each region, e.g. 11 in the Orange Islands, 12 at the Johto League, 13 at the Hoenn League, and 14/15 at the Sinnoh League.
- Larvitar and Haunter were Ash's Pokemon. I was only 8 when I first saw the Sabrina arc, and it was impressed on me from that point that Ash actually owned Haunter for that brief time. Both Haunter and Larvitar had such awesome moments whilst in Ash's company (not to mention that Ash raised Larvitar from an egg and warmed it to life after its traumatic entry into the world) that I can't think of them as being merely 'unofficial' captures.
- Pidgeot is still alive and waiting for Ash's long overdue return for it. Hey, someone's gotta believe. :'(

- Pidgeot is still alive and waiting for Ash's long overdue return for it. Hey, someone's gotta believe. :'(
Oh, something else I believe: in my headcanon, Ash does visit Pidgeot off-screen. But for some reason, he forgot to visit it just before he left for Sinnoh.

I guess we can assume Kurt eventually opened the GS ball and found a Celebi inside. Not that it's anything special anymore.

I guess we can assume Kurt eventually opened the GS ball and found a Celebi inside. Not that it's anything special anymore.

I am fairly amused at the thought of Kurt opening the GS Ball, finding a Celebi and saying "Oh it's just another Celebi. Was this really worth all the hassle of bringing it here from the Orange Islands?" before releasing it into the wild.

Brandon is Paul and Reggie's dad. The number one important headcanon.

The BW series is literally the Coma Theory in action for Ash. That would explain why it's a bizarro Kanto and why Ash has regressed so much.

Drew is bi-curious. For Harley. Because of this May and Drew will never have a steady relationship.

Those are my big three. I've got tons more but it's almost time for me to go home, haha.

-Paul has abandonment issues, that's one of the reasons he's such a jackass.

-NOT A SHIPPER. Misty has a crush on Ash and brings out the best in him, and vice-versa. One of the most prominent examples being in "Misty Meets Her Match" where her encouragement toward Ash helps Squirtle learn Hydro Pump.

-Dragons are similar to "Saiyans" from DBZ, in the aspect that they age slowly and switch moods at the drop of a hat, explaining Axew's childish demeanor compared to other babies in the show, Dragonite outliving his dead trainer and raging, and Gible's retardness half the time. Not to mention the Pokemon having such high potential.

-Femme Fatal, Emolga is a teenager.

-Axew is the son of Drayden's Haxorus.

Pikachu-12
Oshawott...I see him like 9 or 10.
Pignite- 10
Snivy- 14
Unfezant- 15
Boldore- 11
Palpi- 16
Krokorok - 12/13
Leavanny - 16
Axew- 6
Scraggy - 5
Excadrill- 12
Emolga- 13 1/2
Meowth- 21
Stunfisk- 32
Pansage- 14/15
Crustle- 17
Buneary - 12
Piplup -11 or 12
Togekiss - 28
Mamoswine - 9
Pachirisu - 8
Quilava - 6

-Every Pokemon on May's team is a female except for Munchlax explaining his lazy, hungry attitude in-regards to being a foil to May's other Pokemon who all adore contest as well as his macho attitude during the battle before his inevitable ass-kicking by Octillery. He also likes to sleep on May's mom's lap and is adored by Norman for being a strong Pokemon. He hangs with Slakoth and looks up to Vigoroth. The only other possible male on the team is Squirtle.

-Evolution isn't always better.

-Piplup hates young children.

-Drew loves May and vice-versa.

-Kenny loves Dawn but, Dawn doesn't care too much about romance or love as evidenced by Lyra's teasing. But, she ultimately would not end up with Kenny.

-Khoury likes Lyra and will get jealous when her and Ethan hit it off, and Lyra likes Khoury when he goes Heroic.

-Marina and Jimmy like each other. Vincent/Jackson is sadly a third-wheel.

-Iris has a slight crush on Cilan and vice-versa.

-Zoey is a tomboy.

-Emolga had a trainer who she abandoned or was abandoned by because of Volt Switch. That connects her to Snivy in a way.

-Emolga and Axew's favorite food are apples which Excadrill pretty much despises.

-Excadrill is annoyed at being the only "non-cute-y wooty" Pokemon on Iris' team but, is mature about it and trying to compensate by training hard seeing as Axew is just a little guy and Emolga is a teenage girl.

-Chili has a Heatmor and Cress has a Slowking. Cilan will complete the trio by catching a Maracactus.

-Pansage considers himself superior to Crustle and Stunfisk.

-James loves Jessie and vice-versa.

-Yamask is indifferent toward Woobat, and is stronger than Woobat.

-There are Shiny White Wailord in the PokeWorld.

-There are more then one type of species of legendary Pokemon like Celebi, Bird Trio, Crown Beast Trio, Mew, Victini, etc. But, only one Dialga, Palkia, Zekrom, Reshiram, etc.

-The Zoroark and Zorua Kodai tortured are from Lostlorn Forest.

-Georgia was possibly hurt, or had a traumatic past with Dragon asides from getting her Pokemon's asses kicked.

-May's chest and Dawn's skirt were unintentional and the writers nor GameFreaks had an intention of them becoming the bane of shut-in nerds around Japan and America.

-SOMEONE in-charge of the anime is aware of the nerd fandom.

-They find the fandom's obsession with 10-year-old little girls' "parts" creepy.

-Any Pokemon can learn how to talk with enough effort, it takes a long time though and can result in possible loss in battle skills, unless you're a legendary like Manaphy.\

-Ursula is Harley's cousin.

-Bianca and Barry met each other. Barry is the better trainer overall.

Last edited:
- Harley and Ursula met each other and have long conversations (cups of tea in hand) about how they strongly dislike May and Dawn.

- Misty has a shrine of Ash in her closet (I wonder who will get what show I'm referencing here).

- Candice quit her job as gym leader and is now following Zoey around to be her full-time cheerleader in contests.

The only headcanon I have are that all four of Ash's female companions like receiving a foot massage, Dawn being able to find portals that lead her to other worlds during her journey, and May and Dawn are both bi.

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 8 months ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom