• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Do you have any Pokemon Anime headcanons?

I had a headcanon that:
1 year in real world = 1 month in poke-world.
Which means that:

Kanto and OI = 2.5 months
Johto = 3 months
Hoenn = 4 months
Sinnoh = 4 months
Isshu = 3 months
Kalos = 3 months
Alola = few weeks?

Which means Satoshi is a trainer for 18 months and he should be 11 years old. Unfortunately that can't be the case as he confirmed to be still 10 in SM.

In theory, one wouldn't spend so much time walking from city to city, Ash could very well fight one gym per week. However, there are a lot of night and sunset scenes in the anime, I counted them all for the XY series and the result was around 120-130. Which is more or less what you say, I don't know what is my point.

Anyway, my headcanon is that every region lasts a year.

In theory, one wouldn't spend so much time walking from city to city, Ash could very well fight one gym per week. However, there are a lot of night and sunset scenes in the anime, I counted them all for the XY series and the result was around 120-130. Which is more or less what you say, I don't know what is my point.

Anyway, my headcanon is that every region lasts a year.
I remember watching a video analyzing how many days there are in the original series by using night and day or something.
I don't remember the exact details, but the video is here:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UkTY_2Jq1c4

The alternate continuity in M20 is similar to XY037's Mirror World. In fact, Mirror Clemont says that the Reflection Cave has more portals to other alternate universes.

All movies are canon. Yes, even the two M14 ones. I believe that one is canon to the main universe, while the other is another alternate universe parallel to the main universe.

I got this from someone else, but it makes sense to me.

The anime world has a different calendar than the Gregorian calendar we use.

Well, you can count out the filler episodes, or create some kind of comic book timeline like Marvel titles do.

Here are mine:
Geography and politics
  • Sinnoh is the richest region thanks to exportation of gold, silver, platinum and other ores from Mt. Coronet
  • Kanto and Johto are in political alliance
  • Alola is the most isolated region and least populated
  • Kalos is the most populated region, with Unova close second
  • Mt. Chimney is an active volcano and people of Hoenn fear of its eruption
  • Sootopolis City and Lumiose City are very popular tourist destinations
  • Nimbasa City is Las Vegas of the Pokemon World.
  • E4 members suggest and then vote for trainers who will be chosen as gym leaders. After they agree on 8 candidates they have to wait for the approval of the Pokemon League.
  • Undella Town is an equivalent to real life Hamptons- most of the celebrities (gym leaders, E4 and champions) have vacation homes there
  • Snowbelle and Snowpoint City are popular skiing destination, and there is an Academy for ice type trainers in both those cities
People
  • There are battling tournaments for each type where only pkmn of those types are allowed. Gym leaders and other experts are known to compete in these regularly. That's why all the gym leaders of a certain type know each other.
  • Phoebe (of Hoenn E4) is from Alola. Her grandmother at Mt. Pyre is actually an illusion by one of her ghost pokemon. She came to Hoenn when her grandmother died and with the help of her ghost type pokemon trapped her granny in the spirit/ ghost world so she can communicate with her.
  • Caitlin dresses in baby pink and puts on an act of gentle and demure girl to decieve everyone. She is well aware of her psychic powers and has evil plans. She plans to use ther powers to overthrow the Unova E4 and get rid of Iris so she can take control over the region. She's then going to kill Darach out of revenge for making her live in his shadow and reunite Team Plasma to do her dirty work.
  • Elesa and Valerie worked in the same modelling agency and were rivals. They were so competitive they both decided to be gym leaders to determine which one is better. They still meet to battle and compare which one has fewer losses.
  • Valerie and Burgh are close friends and accomplished designers. They've worked together on many occasions
  • May and Dawn see each other regularly and have become good friends.
  • Misty and Brock are still in touch. They hang out every so often.
  • Misty's Togetic visits her occasionally.
  • Misty's sisters were fined by the Pokemon League for abandoning the gym and handing out gym badges without battling first. Skyla would also be fined for the latter if her grandfather hadn't made some phone calls.
I think I'm done for now.

Last edited:
I had a headcanon that:
1 year in real world = 1 month in poke-world.
Which means that:

Kanto and OI = 2.5 months
Johto = 3 months
Hoenn = 4 months
Sinnoh = 4 months
Isshu = 3 months
Kalos = 3 months
Alola = few weeks?

Which means Satoshi is a trainer for 18 months and he should be 11 years old. Unfortunately that can't be the case as he confirmed to be still 10 in SM.

Lol how much we want to make sense of time... The theory would be perfect but for the various time references they had in the series, which would add up to make Ash about 16 buy the end of XYZ. Tbh in all earlier series minus BW, Ash DID age, and he was more than ever like a 16 year old in XYZ

I don't think of it as an AU myself, just that what they showed onscreen has discrepancies with "how it really happened".
It's not AU IMO, just that they are trying to find the perfect Ash. They seem to have realised that while the fans liked Ash getting mature, it did not have to come at the cost of his humor, energy and playfulness. Although it seems unrecognisable to those who begun watching with a different gen, SM Ash is much closer to how a veteran Ash would be than Kalos or Sinnnoh Ash, who were mostly single minded and serious.
Though it is overdone to a degree atm, they'll find the balance eventually.

Serena's Pancham and Clemont's Chespin are in a relationship, even though they bicker and fight a lot

SM!Ash is a completely separate character from OS/AG/DP!Ash and BW/XY!Ash

Not having seen 99% of Best Wishes makes it even easier to pretend Best Wishes barely happened and was mostly a dream that Ash had on his flight to Kalos, hence why he sharpens up almost immediately

Ash's one true romantic partner is Adventure

He released multiple Pokemon without the same effect as Paul. It being off screen seems more likely then all those Pokemon not truly being released. Either that or animation change.
There is no reason to believe that he actually "released" any of them though.

There is no reason to believe that he actually "released" any of them though.
So if you can leave pokemon anywhere without as if they were in the care of someone like Oak or McCann couldn't that be exploited incredibly easily?

A trainer like Damien for example can abandon a pokemon while preventing it from being captured by other trainers.

Last edited:
Serena's Pancham and Clemont's Chespin are in a relationship, even though they bicker and fight a lot

SM!Ash is a completely separate character from OS/AG/DP!Ash and BW/XY!Ash

Not having seen 99% of Best Wishes makes it even easier to pretend Best Wishes barely happened and was mostly a dream that Ash had on his flight to Kalos, hence why he sharpens up almost immediately

Ash's one true romantic partner is Adventure

That must have surprised Satoshi/Ash. He must be a vivid dreamer.

So if you can leave pokemon anywhere without as if they were in the care of someone like Oak or McCann couldn't that be exploited incredibly easily?
In which way?
A trainer like Damien for example can abandon a pokemon while preventing it from being captured by other trainers.
Why would he care?

@martianmister a villian can set up a dozens of lookouts, a poacher or psuedo poacher can make artificial scarcities of Pokemon, or someone like Damian can just be a dick head for the sake of being a dickhead.

Please note: The thread is from 8 months ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom