• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Do you have any Pokemon Anime headcanons?

-The Rotom Phone has Rotomi functions, but only with Pokemon it has registered. That's why Goh sometimes has teams with more than 6 Pokemon and why Ash doesn't call out his reserves.
-The Dragonite island is in the Orange Islands. When Ash and Goh head there they go south, so it's the most logical conclusion. Additionally, it's close to Shamouti Island so they with their climate changing powers act as some kind of guardians to Lugia & the birds. Those Dragonite were the ones who called all those Pokemon in Movie 2.

Here are three of mine:
  1. The reason why Ash is still 10 despite all those series is because of a spell cast on him by Ho-Oh to have him indefinitely remain 10 at the beginning of his journey (which might explain why Ho-Oh appeared near the end of the anime's first episode).
  2. Mohn is currently living on Almia's Hia Valley.
  3. Chloe and Lillie are cousins.

I believe that Kojiro wears glasses to read. The basis for this is the cover art for the Rocket drama CDs:

Pokemon_Radio_Show_CD_Rare_Pilot.png

Hear me out, it's not just because I think he'd make a super cute megane character (yes, guilty as charged, that too...) but also that that art's supposed to just be the characters chilling in their studio to record, so he's not wearing a disguise... I don't think he'd wear non-prescription glasses as a fashion statement to make a radio appearance!

Based on its voice actor being a woman and it liking pink clothes in episode 55, my personal headcanon is that Goh's Cinderace is female.
Your anime headcanon about the gender of Goh's Cinderace being female (which I do agree with) made me think of some anime headcanons myself:
  1. Ash's Lucario is male because, to me, he serves as the male counterpart of Goh's Cinderace.
  2. Ash's father separated with Delia when his son (Ash) was only 5 months old; Delia hasn't married another man ever since.
  3. Speaking of Ash's father, my headcanon about his whereabouts is that he currently lives in the Galarian village of Freezington.

I have one more Kojiro one, which someone on Twitter reminded me of recently:

I always thought he was left handed, and then in DP we saw him writing with his right hand...

EpNOdakXYAEvQoE

But he is definitely from the kind of family which would abhor a left-handed child, and force him to learn to write with his right. So why not be a bit ambidextrous? We've seen him use both hands for dominant hand type tasks with equal preference, except writing (which on the 2 occasions I can remember he has held the pen in his right hand). But anyway :wynaut:

I have another one: in the anime, Flying-types and Pokemon with Levitate aren't actually immune to Ground-type attacks, it's just that most Ground attacks have extremely poor aerial reach for obvious reasons, meaning Flying and levitating Pokemon avoid damage simply by moving upwards and out of the way. There are actually a number of Ground-type attacks that technically bypass the poor aerial reach problem and could theoretically hit a flying Pokemon (namely the Bone attacks, Drill Run, High Horsepower, among others), but in the games those still do nothing to flying Pokemon to make gameplay simpler, which isn't something that would apply to the anime. Heck, even poor aerial reach Ground attacks like Earthquake could hit a flying Pokemon if that Pokemon doesn't lift off fast enough, such as was the case in Ash's League battle against Gary, where the former's Charizard took damage from the latter's Golem's Magnitude because Charizard inexplicably didn't take off into the sky.

I raise you one better: Goh's Cinderace is male and Ash's Lucario is female.
I'd freaking love for this to be true if only because it'd give the fandom one heck of a whiplash. Also, female Lucarios aren't very common anyway, so it'd actually be really nice for the main character of all people to have one. Sadly, I know the writers wouldn't do it.

I have another one: in the anime, Flying-types and Pokemon with Levitate aren't actually immune to Ground-type attacks, it's just that most Ground attacks have extremely poor aerial reach for obvious reasons, meaning Flying and levitating Pokemon avoid damage simply by moving upwards and out of the way. There are actually a number of Ground-type attacks that technically bypass the poor aerial reach problem and could theoretically hit a flying Pokemon (namely the Bone attacks, Drill Run, High Horsepower, among others), but in the games those still do nothing to flying Pokemon to make gameplay simpler, which isn't something that would apply to the anime. Heck, even poor aerial reach Ground attacks like Earthquake could hit a flying Pokemon if that Pokemon doesn't lift off fast enough, such as was the case in Ash's League battle against Gary, where the former's Charizard took damage from the latter's Golem's Magnitude because Charizard inexplicably didn't take off into the sky.
This is how I view it. I 100% agree with you.

I'd freaking love for this to be true if only because it'd give the fandom one heck of a whiplash. Also, female Lucarios aren't very common anyway, so it'd actually be really nice for the main character of all people to have one. Sadly, I know the writers wouldn't do it.

The fandom if the writers had the guts to do that:
Tumblr_l_297066287395637.jpg

This something I have always thought about. And the best example is that one battle against Skyla and Cilan. His Stunfisk used Mud Bomb and hit her Swanna, and I even remember people being confused about that. But like,,, it makes sense tho. It's a literal ball of mud being shot right in the air, so there's nothing stopping it from htting the Swanna, even thought it probably doesn't has enough force to go very high in the air. The same logic goes for Mud Slap and Mud Shot. Or like Drill Run: the mon just spins REALLY fast and hits the target. High Horsepower: the user is charged with ''ground energy'' and smashes into the target. None of that would just ''phase'' throught a Flying type the way a Ghost move would on a Normal type, or a Dragon move on a Fairy.

I even think they stopped doing stuff like that after BW so people wouldn't get confused when they used Mud Bomb on a Flying type in the games and it wouldn't have any effect lol

Here are mine:
*Ash likes Serena back, but just doesn't realize it.
*Sawyer and Mallow are siblings.
*Dawn's Piplup has an Everstone that's never been shown on screen.
*Professor Oak is Ash's dad, making Gary his brother.
*Leon x Sonia (LegendShipping, I call it.)
*Ash-Greninja is a type of Mega Evolution.
*Chloe's and Lana's Eevee are siblings.

Please note: The thread is from 8 months ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom