• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Do you have any Pokemon Anime headcanons?

Inspired by this, I'm gonna say that SM is a fanfic written by Oak's Rotom:

-Ash did went to Alola to study, but not in a Pokemon School, but in a Pokemon University. Rotom knew schools better from TV shows so it placed him there, and aged him down, gave him crazier adventures and made lots of references from other shows it loved.
-Ash writes letters to Professor Oak, and that's where Rotom gets most of its inspiration for characters and episodes. The real reason why Ash doesn't sweep through the Island Challenge is because he is busy with the University.
-Samson Oak and Rotom Dex don't exist, they are representations of Professor Oak himself and Oak's Rotom.
-SM042 and SM043 were a close representation of how things actually happened, except that Misty & Brock didn't have Mega evolutions.
-And talking about it, Brock helps Rotom from time to time and reviews its fanfic. Brock filled Rotom in with Team Rocket's real personality, and he developed the character of Professor Kukui based on himself, as someone who cares about Ash and who is succesful with women.
-Rotom wrote the Nebby Arc in a rush after watching too many animes in a row.

M20 is a fanfic written by Oak about what he expected Ash and Pikachu to become in their Kanto journey.
XY is a fanfic written by Serena after she watched Ash in the Unova League, because we all know Ash was at his sexiest then.
Was he so sexy then lol?

At some point before they joined the Ultra Guardians, Professor Kukui had Ash and his classmates run the dreaded "Beep Test". Kiawe got the highest score in the class, at Level 11.7. According to legend, the Masked Royal got to Level 15 one time...

If you've never encountered this demonic conception in PE class at school, consider yourself lucky. I hear it's more popular in EU countries and Australia than in America. Here's a YouTube video of a Gym class running it:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lVAv61o3xYY

Last edited:
M20 is a fanfic written by Oak about what he expected Ash and Pikachu to become in their Kanto journey.
XY is a fanfic written by Serena after she watched Ash in the Unova League, b
BW is a fanfic written by Misty.
DP is a fanfic written by Dawn.
AG is a fanfic written by Ash.

AG is a fanfic written by Ash.

If (Kanto) Ash wrote a fanfic it'd be the XY series to fulfil his fantasies. He’d want to be the leader of the group for a change, get some powerful Poekmon, get a fully evolved pseudo quickly, release it and have it arrive to battle again. He’d also like a girl to fawn over him.

As Ash approaches the end of the fanfic, (inventing battle bond as a plot device to show that bond powers Pokemon) he realises that this is getting a bit too unrealistic and introduces Alain to lose to. Alain has a Charizard because Ash wanted to lose due to one like the Kanto league.

If (Kanto) Ash wrote a fanfic it'd be the XY series to fulfil his fantasies. He’d want to be the leader of the group for a change, get some powerful Poekmon, get a fully evolved pseudo quickly, release it and have it arrive to battle again. He’d also like a girl to fawn over him.
1. You sound salty for some reason.
2. XY Ash was a good-hearted idiot, AG Ash is the mature one who teaches stuff to May and Max.
3. Since when Kanto Ash cares about fully evolving his pokemon?
4. Since when Kanto Ash cares about girls fawning over him?

1. You sound salty for some reason.
2. XY Ash was a good-hearted idiot, AG Ash is the mature one who teaches stuff to May and Max.
3. Since when Kanto Ash cares about fully evolving his pokemon?
4. Since when Kanto Ash cares about girls fawning over him?
1. I didn’t mean to come off as salty. Upon further thought XY appeared to be OS Ash's dream come true.
2. I don’t think I can say much here since I didn’t watch much of AG.
3. He doesn’t necessarily care about fully evolving Pokémon but he’d probably want the most powerful possible team in his wish-fulfilment fanfic.
4. I don’t think he does, but he always compared himself to Gary (who had an entire collection of cheerleaders) so he’d probably want a girl who fawned over him just out of spite towards Gary.

Ash isn't oblivious to love. He just doesn't want any distractions while pursuing his dream to be a Master. In the episode "Having a Wailord of a Time", Ash and Max have to take care of some new Starter Pokemon and Brock flakes out on them for Nurse Joy. Ash then says "Good grief, hope I'm never like that."

Last edited:
I have a weird Freud-esque head canon about Brock's excessive flirting being the result of psychological trauma created by his mother's absence during his childhood. See, he craves female companionship to fill the void that Lola left in his heart.
I don't mean to criticize your headcanon or anything but isn't this basically what Takeshi Shudō's novelization says?

BTW yay 3,000th post!

I have a weird Freud-esque head canon about Brock's excessive flirting being the result of psychological trauma created by his mother's absence during his childhood. See, he craves female companionship to fill the void that Lola left in his heart.
In the same way, Bonnie is trying to find a bride for her brother because she craves for a mother figure in her life.

I don't mean to criticize your headcanon or anything but isn't this basically what Takeshi Shudō's novelization says?

BTW yay 3,000th post!

I've never read Mr. Shudo's books or even his blog since, well, I don't understand Japanese. But it's nice to know that he and I are on the same wavelength. (y)

Bear with me here please because I'm by no means a science whiz.

Okay, after watching SM120 I'm kind of under the impression that Pokemon at least in the anime-verse don't just evolve via battling, but in some instances can happen through some from of adaptation based on the current situations they maybe in. Ash's Chikorita evolved into Bayleef when Ash was getting beaten up by the TRio's Pokemon and something in her triggered saying "I must protect Ash!", and the next thing you know, evolution. When that Aerodactyl ticked off Charmeleon it evolved into Charizard pretty fast not too long after its last evolution, so what ever drive was pushing it to defeat this larger flying opponent being the Aerodactyl triggered his evolution even though it hadn't done enough battling that would otherwise cause the evolution. This logic may also somewhat explain why certain Pokemon can learn moves they can't normally learn like when Bulbasaur learned Dig to save himself from getting crushed by that boulder; he was in a very dangerous situation and the some sort of survival instinct made him learn that move that he otherwise shouldn't be able to use.

Okay, maybe some of this is a bit of a stretch, I'll admit, since it still doesn't explain why other Pokemon aren't fully evolved after all they've been through, but I still like to think some of this stuff is a bit likely.

The one-shot characters do take part in the League, it's just that they get defeated before even having the chance to meet Ash. At least, that's how I explain the "let's meet at the League" thing that I remember in the OS.

EDIT: Alternatively, since we don't see much of the Indigo League participants, maybe they got farther than Ash. I mean, we never saw who won the Indigo League.

The one-shot characters do take part in the League, it's just that they get defeated before even having the chance to meet Ash. At least, that's how I explain the "let's meet at the League" thing that I remember in the OS.

EDIT: Alternatively, since we don't see much of the Indigo League participants, maybe they got farther than Ash. I mean, we never saw who won the Indigo League.
Or they failed to win enough badges.

I was watching the Alola League and I noticed something that lead me to a headcanon: There is a region close to Alola whose inhabitants lack sclera as a racial feature. Battles are liked in this region and Z-moves are respected, so that's why so many people from this region came to watch the league.

Sophocles and his parents come from this region and moved from there not so long ago, that's why he is afraid of moving. Lana and her parents also come from this region, but her family moved when she was a kid (shortly before the Drampa encounter). Cilan doesn't come from this region but he is a descendant of people from the region. I guess Milo could come from there too.

Here's another headcannon of mine. It is a long read though, but here goes:

Some time before Ash arrived in Kalos, Serena was actually a lot like her manga counterpart in that she was a student at the Vaniville Sky Trainer Academy (or whatever the animé version of it would be). She was a very skilled student and was at the top of her class. Grace, however, wanted her to be a Rhyhorn racer, or at least try it out, but Serena would have none of it because during one of the races, Grace, on her Rhyhorn, had collided with her husband, Serena's father. The resulting collision put her father into a coma and he was not expected to wake up. Miraculously, he did, though, but he still had some residual damage that would not heal for years. The doctors said that it was a miracle that he survived, let alone would eventually make a full recovery. That, of course, cinched it for Serena and any interest she may have once had in Rhyhorn racing went up in smoke. It was not long before she put even more time and energy into her Sky Training studies, particularly on how to defeat ground-bound Rock-type opponents. As such, an already talented Trainer was getting even better and she was not only at the top of her class, but one of the best Trainers in the whole school.

Little did anyone know, though, that she had attracted the attention of the Malamar Cult, as well as their sponsors. Shortly after she graduated from the middle-school ranks of the academy and was about to enter the high-school ranks, she had an intense argument with her mother and stormed off to her room. In her emotionally compromised state, the Malamar adjusted her a little bit; accentuating certain traits of hers while suppressing others. Once they were done, we got Serena, the girl who did not know what she wanted to be instead of Serena, potentially the next Sky Training master and potentially either the Battle Chateau Queen, Kalos League Champion, or both. From time to time, the Malamar Cult would revisit her to reinforce their programming of her, making certain that her liking of battles was suppressed while her interests in things like Pokévision, Pokémon Showcases and, later (after the XYZ series) Pokémon idol competitions and performances were greatly accentuated, or outright implanted, as was the case for idol shows since the real Serena hated singing. They, however, did not alter any of her feelings for Ash, though. That was just a very happy coincidence for them and their plans.

After the XYZ series ended and Ash left for home, and Serena left for Hoenn, she participated in Pokémon Contests, where she did well, only losing the Grand Festival to May. Later, she watches Ash on TV win the inaugural Alola League and defeat Professor Kukui and Tapu Koko in the Exhibition Match. With this knowledge she gained from Hoenn, and after Ash's win in Alola, she returned to Kalos to participate in more Showcases so she could compete in the Master Class once more. She does so and eventually wins, becoming the Kalos Queen. She then strikes up a friendship with Aria and they form an idol group with Shauna joining then, Serena none the wiser to the fact that this is exactly what the Malamar Cult and their sponsor, Lysandre, who survived the Megalith's destruction, wanted all along. However, the sudden change in Serena did not go unnoticed by her older friends, along with some heroes of the Pokémon world, especially since she was destined to be a great hero and many have trouble seeing the current Kalos Queen Serena being anything like the expected and even prophesied Kalos Battle Queen Serena.

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 8 months ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom