• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Do you have any Pokemon books?

Weissritter

Reaction score
Thread purpose pretty obvious. A lot, in fact. But not enough to
Do you own any pokemon book? I have a walkthrough of RBY, made by Jason R Rich. I can only imagine books about pokemon stories, but not about the pokemon mechanics, like the formulas of capture or experience, or anything not related to story telling.
Do you have one?

I have Maria Barbo's Pokemon encyclopedia from way back in Gen I, and I still have a few of the Pojo and Beckett's magazines from 1999-2001.

I have the Official Pokemon Handbook 1 and 2 as well as the novelisation of The Power of One.

EDIT

Since some people are including manga and guides, I'll put mine in too.

I also have the game guides for Colosseum, Gold and Silver, Ruby and Sapphire, Diamond and Pearl, Black and White as well as the post E4 and full Gen 4 Pokedex for HeartGold and SoulSilver.

I have volumes 1-14 of the Adventures/Special manga, along with volumes 1-3 of the DPPt chapters of Adventures/Special and volumes 1-7 of DPA.

Last edited:
Oh yeah loads! I'll try to list off what can I think of from the top of my head.

-Pokemon Adventures Manga
-Pokemon DPA Manga
-Let's Find Pokemon! books
-A whole bunch of those chapter books written by Tracey West I think?
-A walktrhough/Pokedex guide for like every generation of game
-A bunch of Math/English books
-Pokemon Magnet play book
-A few "let's draw Pokemon!" books
-Electric shock Pikachu Boogaloo or something mangas

Probably a bunch more. As a kid I loved buying Pokemon books since they were so difficult to find. Nowadays there are so many kinds but I would go broke getting them all. If I can find a good deal I'd go for it though.

I have all of the English volumes of Pokémon Adventures, the offficial Pokémon handbook collector's edition (includes all 151 generation I Pokémon and Togepi) and the Official Pokémon Strategy Guides of Ruby and Sapphire, Platinum, HeartGold and SoulSilver (volumes 1 and 2) and Black and White (volumes 1 and 2) versions.

I have the ruby and sapphire guild books one or two books based on the amine, and a few manga here and there.

I have the Pokemon Emerald walkthrough/game guide, and the HeartGold/Soulsilver walkthrough/game guide (volume 1)

THREAD user RECOVER!
Wow, is good to see this thread gained answers. As a further question, why did you buy it? And where?

Not counting manga, I have some of the storybooks, some novelizations of episodes, some game guides, some movie info books, a book on collecting Kids figures...hmm, I'll have to compile it all sometime.

During the gen II - III era I used to collect the walk throughs. And now they are so damn expensive :<

There was a magazine published sometime around 2005 or before called, Ghostmasters Presents Pokemon. I only have two issues and was curious if anyone else had these or later issues. I never saw a #3 issue. I can't seem to find anything about it on the wiki either.

Please note: The thread is from 12 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom