• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Do you have any shiny pokemon from the older games?

I literally JUST caught a Shiny Weedle (Lv 4, F, Lonely) in Viridian Forest in LeafGreen. Super happy. Just thought I'd log in to share. :D

The only Shinies I have/had are all in my Gen 5 games, excluding the Red Gyarados from Gens II and IV. They are a Shuckle, Galvantula, and a Cinccino I got in a trade, but then traded away.

I recently got my first shiny in emerald! it was a nice green orbed tentacool, I'm planning on transfering him later but I think it is so cool!

A shiny Magnemite called Plug, a Meowth called Felix, and a Ponyta called Stagnus, all Pokemon Silver. :D

I also now have a shiny hariyama in emerald should give him a nickname but not sure what to give him.

Re: Do you have any shiny pokemon?

-looks at sub-forum-
if we're talking Gen 1-3 only then i never caught the shiny gyarados in Gold (i'm like the only one who didn't xP)

but i did catch one shiny zubat in FireRed in Mt. Moon.

And i can now add that i just caught a random silver slugma in my Emerald cart. Wasn't expecting it, per usual, as i was just running around Hoenn checking out different hidden base locations, when this little molten silver goo pops out of the ash covered grass! xD Only had 2 ultra balls on me too with a team pack full of killers :B

i even took a pic, which i may upload later.

I have a lovely shiny Gyarados or two. Plus I found a shiny Staravia and a shiny Kricketune in Diamond. Then there was the time I found a shiny Graveler and it blew up in my face before I had a chance to throw a second Poke Ball.

Shiny Nidorino in Crystal...not sure how Crystal's internal battery is doing, though. Gen III is the only generation I never encountered any random shiny Pokemon in. And I don't consider Gen IV to be old yet. :p

Something was weird with my Silver version, and every time I started it I'd get a shiny starter. It was Generation 2, and I played it on the original Game boy, so I just figured the stars on it's summary and when it popped out is what starters did in Gold/Silver. I also had a shiny Houndour and voltorb, not that I could tell.

Someone mentioned running into shinies in battle tower in Emerald, and I did too! I remember facing a shiny Espeon vividly, around 40-50 battles into a level 100 challenge.

My first Gen 3-5 shiny was a Litwick I caught pretty early on in Black.

Last edited:
Ran into a shiny Tangela on LG; 'twas a nail-biter as most of my team was at level 70 or higher and I had no Master Ball. Thankfully, I had a low level Meowth that could wear the thing down. On Emerald I bred to get a shiny Roselia--it took me eight months of hatching before I ever got the blasted thing.

The rest of my shinies are from Gen IV onwards.

I got a shiny staravia in SoulSilver. Originally caught in platinum. Also, I caught a shiny meditite in diamond, and transferred it to white and forgot about it when I deleted my save file. I almost cried.

I had a shiny Gyarados on my Silver, until it decided to commit suicide. (The internal battery, that is, not the Gyarados.)

A Gyarados committing suicide... Now I've seen everything.

I have;

Shiny Weedle (Gold)
Two Shiny Gyarados (Heart Gold)
Shiny Exeggcute (Leafgreen)
Shiny A Unown (Leafgreen)

T- That's it...

The only ones I still have are 2 Tangelas on my Crystal, they randomly decided to show up about 5 minutes apart when I was training outside of Mt. Silver. Other than that I've written over the saves, shiny Pokemon lost their magic for me.

Not sure if I've poste here already, but I have a shiny Camerupt (caught as Numel), and a Golbat on Emerald. Didn't find out you could RNG untill after I'd trained Camerupt, so Golbat was even luckier.

Please note: The thread is from 12 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom