• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

GO Do you have any Shiny Pokémon in Pokémon Go?

Sadly, I don't have any yet. I just starting playing the game again after a year or so. Maybe soon!

Got a nice little Wailmer 87 during the previous event. It's too low level though so I don't feel like giving 400 Candy on it to evolve... yet, at least.
And just today, I caught a Makuhita 222 :) This one I will most likely evolve, but I'd rather wait until after the event is over just in case I get another. You never know :)

Last edited:
Yesterday I caught 3 Shiny Charmander during the 2 hours I was able to play Pokémon GO out of the available 3 hours of the Community Day event because I had to do something else after 2 hours and I think I was very lucky that the 3rd Shiny I caught was actually the last Charmander I caught during those 2 hours and I caught it at the location of where I had to stop playing Pokémon GO. I still got to evolve 1 Shiny Charmander into Charizard to know the move Blast Burn and I evolved my 3rd Shiny Charmander into a Charmeleon and kept the other Shiny Charmander unevolved.

During the Pokémon GO Fighting type event I also caught 1 Shiny Makuhita and 1 Shiny Meditite but I haven't decided if I am going to evolve them yet.

So I just created a Go account two days ago. I've been bashing it in the Switch game speculation thread, and now that it's looking like Go will influence the next main game, I did not want to go in with no experience. My feelings are... mixed. Better than I gave it credit for, however.

Anyways, had a bit of luck today. Can anyone tell me the approximate shiny chance rate for PKMN with shiny form available?

Edit: Can someone update the voting to include Kabuto, Omanyte, and Aerodactyl?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180525-135558.png
    Screenshot_20180525-135558.png
    312.1 KB · Views: 28
Got a shiny Swablu today which I evolved into Altaria 1570.
This was quite a surprise, I'd expect any of Aron, Omanyte, Kabuto, Aerodactyl or Ho-oh sooner than a third Swablu wow.

Got Aerodactyl 1095 from Field Research :D
I've been hunting down the Tasks that have it as a reward this event, to a large part thanks to a croud-sourced map we have for these downtown. Took me about 25 attempts.
Finally one of the Shinies that are corresponding to current events, instead of more random Swablus :) I can rest assured that all the Shiny hunting I've done these past few days is not totally in vain, I got at least one of the target 5. Hopefully I can get just a bit more with what little time I've left.

A little note for all our Shiny hunters here:

TeaWest and I have decided to delete the poll of this thread, because it was too large and might've only grown bigger in the future.
Unlike other large polls such as some found in General Pokemon Discussion, the answers for this one may change anytime, and each time this happens one would have to tick everything from scratch.

If you'd like to keep a list of which Shinies you have, feel free to do it in one of your posts here or include it in your Trainer Card in the Trainer Cards thread.

Hope you keep enjoying Shiny hunting! Looking forward to all of your lucky accomplishments :D

Back
Top Bottom