• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

GO Do you have any Shiny Pokémon in Pokémon Go?

I caught two Shiny Bagon today. I was excited with just how many Bagon I could catch to help get that Gold Dragon Medal too. I'm still not there yet, but since I caught around fifty Bagon, I made a lot of progress with it. I'm always happy when I can find Shiny Pokemon during Community Day, especially when some months go without finding any of them. I evolved my two shiny Bagon into Salamence and both of them may come in handy for Gym matches. I also evolved two regular Bagon since I was able to get a lot of extra candies today.

I caught roughly 180/190 Bagons per account yesterday; 5 shinies on my level 33 account and 7 shinies on my level 40 account. None of those shinies will be evolved, their IVs are just too low. My level 33 account already scored a 98% Bagon so that one is now a beautiful Salamence with outrage and dragon tail. My level 40 account has got a 96% Salamence with outrage. Something a goodly number of players have noticed, myself included, is how the general IVs of the Bagons were on the low side. Not a single one above 91%. After trading roughly 80 Bagons between my accounts I ended up with 6 lucky Bagons in total, 4 are about 93% so those are good candidates for evolution.

OK so it's been a long while since my last post here.

December Community Day (well, weekend):
4 Bulbasaur, 3 Larvitar, 2 Chikorita, Squirtle, Eevee, Beldum, Dratini, Mareep, Charmander. Evolved a few to get spares with the exclusive move for potential trades.
But most importantly, I got Pikachu, which I missed out on back in January (and all on the other events featuring it, with or without hats...)
Soon after, I traded for another one with a friend so I could get Raichu registered too. Only Pichu missing from this family now (and all the hat versions).

A few days later I got a random Drowzee so I can now have both it and the original Hypno for living dex, then Ho-oh from the Special Raid Weekend (I raided that one hard because I missed out both on the 15 days on release and that other weekend in September). Another random Eevee, but you can never have enough of those so cool. Winter holiday event, first Egg hatch ever, Wynaut. Traded for another one with a friend and evolved into Wobbuffet.

January Commynity Day, my luckiest 3-hour window ever: 13 Totodile. Evolved some of course.

Random Natu register, evolved into Xatu. Random Ponyta spawning at home, kinda bummed out since I already had several, but still my first home shiny ever. Then a friend unfortunately decided to quit playing, but asked me to trade in most of his important Pokemon so that they wouldn't go to waste. In a few days' worth of special trades, I got second Ho-oh, and Mareep, Eevee, Dratini, Beldum, Charmander. Dratini/Larvitar are both Lucky 96% so I might power them up sometime. Groudon returned in January and I raided it hard to get a shiny.

February Community Day: 9 Swinub, evolved some of course.

Meltan event, took me 4 Mystery Boxes from a friend with a Switch, but finally got a shiny.

4 Clamperl from the Limited Research, fortunately got lucky with the 50-50 and got Huntail and Gorebyss first try each. Oh, at this point I should mention I did miss out on the Feebas Limited Research :( And Psyduck Safari Zone weekend too.

Latias Special Raid Week, took me 44 Raids :( But I got it.

Random Growlithe register, evolved into Arcanine. Random Aerodactyl from Field Research. Another Natu, for the living dex. Random Charmander, unfortunately I have lots of those. Mankey from the Battle Showdown, evolved into Primeape.

March Commmunity Day: 10 Treecko, evolved some.

Random Poochyena register, evolved into Mightyena.

Weather Limited Research: woah was that great! 5 Lotad (evolved some) and 18 Castform. EIGHTEEN. Most in my city, they still call me "Shiny Castform Master" after this one :)

April Community Day: Random Growlithe for the living dex, but only 4 Bagon :( Evolved 2 Salamence and a Shelgon but meh, at least one is 91%.

Latios Special Raid Week, did 20 Raids first day, got it on that last 20th. Mareep and Plusle from the Eggstravaganza (which is super annoying because I have enough, would rather get Buneary), Shiny Kyogre Lucky Trade and finally a Shuckle yesterday from the Safari Zone Weekend.

I just came across this one randomly now while going to pickup my dinner. Pretty happy.

Most exciting shiny I got recently was Sandshrew! It's got a bit of a story behind it too~

So it was community day, yeah? They always say to stop catching mons 30 mins before the event starts, because the spawn points will be converted into the event mon. There was an incident a while back where a Beedrill popped up, a bunch of people caught it, and then that spawn point got converted into a 98% Charmander when the event went live... so anyone who had clicked on the Beedril couldn't get it. >< (A mod named his Beedrill "Poor Choices.")

Well, I had my goplus running before Bagon day because idk. But I'm glad I did, because it snagged the shiny Sandshrew! :D I named it "Good Choices" ;P

Back
Top Bottom