• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

GO Do you have any Shiny Pokémon in Pokémon Go?

I just caught a Shiny Chikorita today. That was a really awesome surprise, especially when I never found one during the Chikorita Community Day event last year. A part of me hopes that they'll give some Pokemon Community Day events again so that I can get a Shiny Meganium with Freenzy Plant, but it was still a pretty great find.

I haven't spotted any Shiny Alolan forms yet, but I'll have to keep an eye out on Horsea too. I didn't know that Shiny Horsea was available, although that could explain why I've seen seeing wild ones more frequently lately. I'm still hoping to find a Shiny Houndour someday too.

April 29: Random Cyndaquil

May 8: Lucky Trade Feebas for 40.000 dust, a friend who missed Mewtwo really wanted one so he gave me a spare shiny which I didn't have to make it worth the cost. I should evolve this someday to get the Milotic Lucky and Shiny entry both at once, but I suspect Jirachi's worldwide (non GO Fest) Special Research may include "Evolve a Feebas" so I'd rather wait until that's out.
May 9: Lucky Trade Meltan for my old Meltan, IV did not turn out good enough unfortunately.

May 10: Random Cubone during the Detective Pikachu event
May 11: Aipom during the event
May 17: Another Cubone during the event, then Bulbasaur on the same day too. 4 shinies in a single week is impressive although 3 of them weren't anything new.

May 19: 8 Torchic from Community Day, plus a Wailmer and a Pinsir. Great day, even though I had both of the latter two.

May 23: Random Totodile. I was not even in a heavy water biome area.
May 31: Latios from Breakthrough, that was cool

June 1: Cresselia, after 16 Raids
June 2: Cresselia, from the next day's pass
June 3: Diglett, just before Adventure Week
June 5: Cresselia, from the daily pass, Lucky Trade Kyogre, maxxed out, Smoochum from a hatch. What a day.
June 6: Cresselia, from the daily pass
June 8: 5 Slakoth from Community Day
June 10: 2 Onix, back to back, from Adventure Week Field Research. Eevee from Lucky Trade
June 11: Diglett, just after Adventure Week
June 12: Cresselia, from the daily pass during Legendary Lunch Hour. 96% IV too!
June 14: Latias from Breakthrough
June 18: Latias from Lucky Trade, random Zigzagoon, final Cresselia from daily pass (total of 6)

June 19: Kyogre from Legendary Lunch Hour
June 26: Absol from a 10km Egg hatch
June 28: Kyogre from Lucky Trade, 100%, maxxed out! perfect shiny lucky yeah
June 29: Raikou from Raid Day
June 30: Eevee from Jump-Start Research

The only shiny I got recently that I didn't mention in my last post was a shiny Venusaur form a lucky trade. Though that was just swapped for my previous shiny Venusaur.
Surprisingly I didn't get any shinies form the Slakoth makeup event. Not that I want more than one shiny Slakoth...

I caught eight Shiny Mudkip during this month's Community Day event. That was the most Shiny Pokemon I've ever caught for a Community Day, so that is pretty amazing. I had enough candies to evolve a few of them, but I also wanted to evolve my two Mudkip with Perfect IVs. I accidentally taught one of those perfect IV Swampert a new power up move, but hopefully that won't be a problem.

I'm pretty low on Mudkip candies after all of those evolutions, so I may make one of my Swampert or a Shiny Mudkip my Buddy Pokemon in the future so I can stock up on more Mudkip candies. I'm kind of banking on them making all of the Community Day exclusive moves available at the end of the year like they did last year, so with finding some wild Mudkip to catch, walking with one of them and possibly hatching some more in the meantime, I should be able to get plenty of Mudkip candy for a possible later event.

Back
Top Bottom