• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

GO Do you have any Shiny Pokémon in Pokémon Go?

I actually managed to capture a shiny Trapinch while heading down to spend the day elsewhere in my state today. I know it was a community day but I'm still shocked that I managed to get a shiny from it as I rarely do, and am super amazed I managed to capture two different shiny Pokemon in the same day. It was a great day imo.

I just caught a Shiny Mimikyu Costume Pikachu this morning. I think that this is the second time I've found a special event Shiny Pikachu, or third if we count the Shiny Santa Hat Pichu I hatched ages ago. I apparently have good luck finding Shiny Pikachu in Pokemon Go. I'm still hoping that I'll find some more Shiny Pokemon during the event considering that so many of the Ghost and Dark type spawning have Shiny forms available, but I'm pretty happy with getting a Shiny Mimikyu Costume Pikachu. It's kind of strange since I couldn't find any Mimkiyu Costume Pikachu around me for the first few days of the Halloween event, but now I have a few on top of the Shiny one.

I found a shiny Alolan Rattata on Monday while waiting on line to buy something at work. Wasn't really paying much attention, just clicking on whatever was in the area so I could hit the 108 captures. Glad I noticed when I dropped my head that it was red in color so I'd made sure to catch it.

Last edited:
I hatched a second Shiny Sneasel earlier this week. I was admittedly a bit disappointed that I couldn't find any other Shiny Pokemon during the Halloween event. I really wanted to find a Shiny Houndour, Poochyena or Gastly, but finding another Shiny Sneasel egg is still pretty neat. Plus, it does give me a bit of hope that I'll eventually be able to run into those other Shiny Pokemon if I'm lucky enough to get two Shiny Sneasel.

I decided to take a walk to Dunkin today despite it being pretty cold out and windy too, because it's a good excuse to be away from work for 20 minutes round trip. On my way to Dunkin I ended up coming across this. Like other shinies I've found I almost didn't realize because it doesn't look too different immediately so thank goodness for the stars by the name.

2f6c258e72a5b6cfe58fbe9e9a6dffe424e85af1.jpg

This is at least the 3rd shiny I've found on my way to or back from this Dunkin so it seems like it is a really good path to walk on.

I found my second Shiny Chikorita yesterday. Out of all of the Community Day Pokemon, I think Chikorita is the only one where I've found Shiny forms outside of Community day. I'm still hoping that I'll eventually be able to evolve it to Meganium to learn Frenzy Plant, but it's cool that I found two Shiny Chikorita. I also found a Shiny Makuhita just earlier this morning. I've been looking for a Shiny Makuhita and Meditite for ages, so I'm glad that I found at least one of them.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom