• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

GO Do you have any Shiny Pokémon in Pokémon Go?

The odds are 1/20 as per usual. I wish I could share in your great fortune, but I only got 9 shinies for the duration of my Incense haha

I'm even more amazed that I've had such good luck with the past two Community Day events, especially when my luck used to be so lousy when I played the events at home. Nine is still a really good amount though. I'm thrilled just being able to fine one Shiny Pokemon since there were a lot of Community Days during the first year where I didn't get any.

I caught nine Shiny Weedle during Community Day. I used up a lot of Pinab Berries because I'm so used to a high amount of candy to evolve a Pokemon, so I didn't realize that Weedle needed only a small amount of candies to fully evolve. I was able to evolve a couple of regular Weedle and all nine of my Shiny ones, so that was pretty cool.

Picked up 3 shiny Weedle during community day. Planning on evolving one into Kakuna and the other into Beedrill so I can have a shiny of the whole line.

I've had some surprisingly good luck lately. I caught a Shiny Dweeble, Venonat, Weedle and Caterpie on Monday. I was especially happy with Venonat and Caterpie. I wanted a Shiny Venonat after seeing its blue eyes. I've been looking for years for a Shiny Caterpie and I almost missed my chance to get it. While I didn't manage to find any other Shiny Bug Pokemon during the event, I was quite happy with the ones that I found.

I also caught a Shiny Cubone earlier this morning. This was another case of almost missing it and I felt like I spent ages trying to find this Shiny Pokemon in Go as well. I hadn't seen a Shiny Cubone before, so I was surprised to see what it looks like. Cubone is one of my favorite Ground types, so it was cool to finally have its Shiny form in the game.

Last week, I hatched my third Shiny Skarmory, which was pretty neat. I also caught a Shiny Shadow Lapras after defeating Sierra during the weekend. That was a huge surprise since I never came across a Shiny Shadow Pokemon. I thought that it was only available among the Team Go Rocket grunts and leaders for a short time, but I guess it's similar to how it's possible to find any Shiny Pokemon once it's been added to the game. That was really cool since I didn't get a Shiny Lapras before.

For Community Day, I caught twenty six Shiny Gastly. I'm still amazed with how many I got, especially when I think of how much of a struggle it was for me to find Shiny Pokemon while playing Community Day events at home before. I evolved a few of them into Shiny Gengar, along with a few regular Gastly.

I caught one Shiny Oddish during the Spotlight Hour yesterday and then a second Shiny Oddish while I was out walking my dog. That was so cool since I wanted to get two in order to get a Shiny Vileplume and Shiny Bellossom. I caught a Shiny Bellsprout earlier this morning, which made me really happy too. I was hoping to find one during the event since I really like its yellow leaves. I don't know how my luck with Shiny Pokemon in Go has been this good lately, but I'm happy about it. I don't know if this weekend's Go Fest will have an increase in Shiny Pokemon, but I'm hoping I'll have good luck with that event too.

I got 5 shiny gastly from comm day! already had two from earlier so that's seven total. :thumbs up: one of my original two is 15/13/15, so that's the one I evolved. checking my list I have....193 total shinies. normally I'd think that's a lot but longtime players have a lot more. bf has around 300+ at this point I think? haha

Go fest yielded a shiny sudawoodo and ponyta :D for my brother (did it for him whilst he was at work) a shiny heatmoor, ponyta, alolan exegutor, clefairy and swablu :D quite pleased so far!

Back
Top Bottom