• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Do you have any tattoos?

Zexy

Quaxly Boy
Reaction score
Pronouns
  1. He/Him
  2. They/Them
If so, what are they, and where are they? (Please keep the rules in mind).

I still do not have any, I am a bit afraid of them, the pain a little, that I might regret it, or that the skin stretches and folds a lot when weight changes. Even if I were to get some though, it would be somewhere clothing can hide reasonably well.

Great thread idea, and I do! I have two, and I do really want more but I want to sort out a few things first, gaining weight before it, actually deciding on a tattoo, where to put it etc. I can't really upload pictures of my own right this second, but I can get the exact same tattoos as my two aren't unique. I want my next one to be unique I think.

1689555145512.png
I have this minimalistic valknut tattoo in pretty much the same location as on this picture. Maybe an inch lower perhaps. I'm a fan of mythology and minimalism aswell.
(Image is from pinterest and was used as my reference for the tattoo artist)

1689555297755.png
I have this Hyrule Crest on the same arm but it's above my elbow, where my tricep would be (If I had em :p). Zelda is my favourite game series, has been a part of my life since I can remember really. Without going into too much detail, the games have helped me out a lot aswell, whether it be used as an escape or just a timesink. I feel like I wouldn't get any more gaming or media tattoos, I suppose that could always change, but I had to get this one as it is pretty close to my heart.

I've been lucky enough to not have much pain (if any) with either tattoos, but from what I have heard colours are when it ends up hurting, and mine are just black. There's also the placement aswell, mine aren't close to any bones and that would have an impact. The first one just being linework meant that I was kinda surprised at how little it hurt me personally. The second one i'd say there was a twinge of pain every now and again, but nothing to flinch over or anything, just quick feelings here and there I guess I would say.

I have a white owl on my upper back which I got in '14 for my birthday, a small cross on my left wrist I got in '16, one of the male protagonist from Persona 3 in his PQ iteration on my outer left leg in '18, and just last year I got another one on my outer right leg of a headshot of Koko and Inupi from Tokyo Revengers; this one I had to go to a different tattoo shop though, as at my usual one he can only do chibi style anime, not a more detailed one. I'll also be getting another one this year for my birthday, another Tokyo Revengers tat but this time of Kazutora's own tattoo; a tribal-like design of a tiger that I'll get in the same place as his as well, the right side of my neck.

I was thinking of getting a Pokemon one for a while now, but I dropped that idea as I didn't really know which Pokemon I should get lol. I was also going to get a PQ iteration of Goro Akechi on my other leg to complement my other Persona tattoo, but I dropped that idea too, since with my current tattoo on that leg I don't think I can fit another one unless it's in the inner leg. After the one I get this year I don't know if I'll get any more, if I do though then it'll be on one of my arms as either another animal or another chibi style game or anime character (thinking of either Seliph from FE4 or Chifuyu).

Nah, nothing against those who do. I just have no desire. Plus, I can't imagine being able to think of something to represent me permanently like that, interests shift over the years.

Nope, although I'm aware they can mean a lot to some people. I'm just not really interested in having them permanently on me.

Even if I were permitted to, I don't think I'd go and make permanent marks on my body if I already get dramatic about a single scar anywhere (and it seems I've developed a few from wearing short clothing and also never wearing sunscreen)
I do enjoy seeing other people's tattoos however, particularly from people who don't just choose the average designs from a shop.

I have neither the means nor the qualifications to get a tattoo but I would love to when I'm older. I've always wanted a full set of butterfly wings on my back, but of course I'd start with something simpler, probably a symbol of sorts underneath my left collarbone.

Back
Top Bottom