• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Do you have any theories why Ash is still 10?

Status
Not open for further replies.

John Understands

Somalian Anarchy Leader!
Reaction score
I don't know why I posted this.

But, anyways, at the start of BW, Ash was said to be 10. Either people ignore it and say Ash is 15, or complain about it. Like this: :complain:
Anyways, even though this may get closed, let me ask you: Do you have any theories why Ash is still 10, and that why he is still the same age.

Here is my theory:

That the BW Ash is a clone of the regular Ash and that his clone is traveling in Unova with Iris and Cilan while regular Ash is doing something no one cares about. His clone thinks he is 10 and is more immature.

And my other theory:

That BW Ash is Ash's younger brother who is 4 years younger than Ash. His twin looks a lot like Ash when he is 10. He's not seen because he's shy and does not take pics with Ash's friends. He was ready to travel at 10 and Ash gave him his Pikachu so he can travel with good luck. Basically his actual name is Ashton, because he looks a lot like Ash, and whenever someone says, Ash Ketchum, he gets a bit furious and wants to correct by saying Ashton, but then remembers that he has to say Ash. Ash is doing something unknown that no one cares about.

What do you think? Do you have any other theories?

BTW, Happy Thanksgiving!

I have a list here that might fill in some holes of why they would still make him like that. Here are my theories:

1. The old writers were either replaced or had retired and hired new inexperienced people who thought it was fun to troll.

2. They were too lazy.

3. People in forums like this kept asking of how old was Ash and someone had finally read it. Answering our question.

4. They thought that kids wouldn't like him if he was a pre-teen. Unable to adapted to his state of mind.

5. They were too lazy.

6. They had a plan to show Team Plasma and thought we would be distracted from his age until the earthquake.

7. Making him an idiot would not work if he was to be age 12 or 13.

8. They were low on funds to make him turn 11.

9. They wanted to appeal to children again because DP starting bringing in teen and adult viewers like myself.

10. They were too lazy.

Why?
Well, the only thing I can think of is that the current writers are trollers who were all "Hey! Let's make all our older fans pissed and state that Ash is still ten, despite large continuation contradictions!!"
Sorry, but honestly this all I can think of.
That, and they're the laziest writers on Earth. Read 'em and weep.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom