• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Do you have any unpopular opinions about the anime?

Unpopular opinions:
-I think that the fandom overhypes what happens in the GameFreak games and underhypes merchandise promotion, TV Tokyo promotion., etc. Example: If something mature happens in the anime because thge games, te fanom will understand it. But if is because selling mrchanise thge fandom will complain, specially if t's a pokemon disliked for them or a pokemn expeced to evolve by the fandom.
-I think tht Ash and Pikachu won't be resetted or Kalos or at least it won't be like Best Wishes.
I think that in the next saga, the path of Ash and his travelling companion will be corrupted and you can't guess te path of Ash and friends based on the game path. I see Ash taking anime routes, going bakwards, doing Gym Leaders out of order (and without sequels in sale), meeting charactervin differeent places that thevgame suggests.
If this CoroCoro says that Sana is a companion who shares a goal of going on thge lage, I see Sana being a Trainer defeating Gyms created bhy OLM and not GameFreak..
I dpon't expect anime information in this issue of CoroCoro. And I think that this issue won't have too much information. This is because Smash hasn't anoiunced for thjis Sunday a XY program.

- I think the DP and BW series' were actually pretty enjoyable. I know a lot of people don't, for some reason, but in my opinion they were even better than Johto, Orange Islands, and possibly even the original series. Maybe even tied for AG.
- I thought Drew was pretty annoying and was a jerk for the most part, except for a couple of scenes where he proved to be an experienced coordinator, and didn't try to brag about it. I think they should have made him a little nicer? I'm not sure.
- I don't think they should take Team Rocket out of the anime--they're actually pretty funny sometimes. I know a lot of people say that they're boring, and that they're overused, but they're pretty interesting at times, and really nostalgic.
- I also think that the anime, in some ways, is getting better. And it's not just because of the graphics. I like the rivals more, and some of the character development, and find some of the plots more interesting. Not sure if this will continue into the X&Y anime, though.

Last edited:
I like Piplup's voice over Pomacha's

Loved Lucario vs Snivy & Pikachu in the Isshu League. Let's see how Ash likes it when a Deus Ex Machina gives someone a win! :lol:

Liked BW TRio waaaayyy better than how they'd been since Johto

Last edited:
Togekiss should never have been part of Dawn's team, or Dragonite on Dawn's.
I'm not sure if either of these are popular opinions. I'm almost certain that at the very least, Dragonite being given to Iris (which is what I'm sure you meant to say) isn't.

Both of these are quite popular opinions, at least on Bulbagarden. Togekiss proved quite unpopular with fans, as a powerful Pokemon being gifted to Dawn at the last minute on very flimsy pretenses. Likewise many people thought Dragonite deciding to join Iris came from left field, and that she wasn't experienced enough to have one.

Both of these are quite popular opinions, at least on Bulbagarden. Togekiss proved quite unpopular with fans, as a powerful Pokemon being gifted to Dawn at the last minute on very flimsy pretenses. Likewise many people thought Dragonite deciding to join Iris came from left field, and that she wasn't experienced enough to have one.
Right, I made a mistake. I meant to say that I didn't think either of the above quoted opinions were unpopular (hence the reason I responded to it), but I confused myself. My bad. :embarass:

I think Roxie's gym battle was the best Unova Gym battle. It's definitely an unpop opinion. Heck, I could be the only one in the whole world who thinks this. I am Unique!

(And no trying convincing me otherwise. People failed in the past, will so in the future!)

I like filler episodes, not a big fan of Team Rocket in every episode. I like Ash. I don't like Gary. I would like to see Ash travel alone or with 1 other person. I'd just like to see what would turn out.

I didn't mind Dawn winning the Wallace Cup. Sure, May has had more experience, but I thought it was a pretty fair fight and we've already seen May win a bunch of battles for years; I was glad they gave Dawn the spotlight this time.

More unpopular opinions:
-Satoshi should have caught Nokocchi in the past Ash vs Iris arguing episode, specially if Nokocchi has a Gen VI evolution.
-If there's a new Yamirami evolution, it should be revealed by now.
-I prefer Hikari's cameo than Lizardon's return to the cast. Specially when Mijumaru is getting more screentime than him!!!
-Bel should have travelled with Satoshi, Iris and Dent through the Decolora Islands.
-The objective of the Decolora shpouñd be a tournament where Bel, Kenyan, Cabernet and Langley.
-The inicial episode, the Dent and Choroneko one, the Mijumaru and Futachimaru one, the Zoroark one, the Rotom one, the Satoshi and Iris arguing one, the Jirachi one are good and useful. The rest are useless.
-I think that the Mewtwo movie is a dissapointment. I probaqbly prefer the short than the movie itself.
This is hidden. Not recommend to learn the spoiler if you are 11 or less.
+12
-The hottest character in Best Wishes isn't Kamitsure. It's Hikari in his green swimsuit. Hikari in his DP dress, Shirona without thir jacket and Cattleya are the next in my list. For Decolora Adventures it was Joy in the Zoroark episode (one of the few times that I see Isshu's Joy interesting). Pansy (who I thionk not; and Ibuki (who I think yes) are the next "hottish" character that we are getting in the anime. Iris really looks too young to have a fanservice appeal (yeah). I'm a boy which means that I can'tget out well the hottest male characters.
Actually, the Hikari swimsuit is probably the sexiest/hottest/what you named it Hikari's outfit of the show. And for me, her DP swimsuit (Dp47, example) is less hot for me than her pajamas.
-I hate users who bring back numerical levels in the anime. And if I bring up a level in the anime, I said tht Piakchu was level 65 at the end of DP, is lowered to level 20 and fights agsinst a level 15 Tsutarja.
And Satoshi's Pokemon are now around level 50 with Pikachu and Waruvial in level 55 and Lizardon in level 70.

- OS is my favorite series.
- I prefer the older series like OS and AG for the anime, because I find there is much more emotion, depth, and simplicity to them compared to the newer DP and BW series.
- DP is very, very overrated.
- Neither Ash nor Team Rocket are the same characters that debuted in EP001 (and EP002 in TRio's case) in my eyes: in personality, mannerisms, character, voice, etc.
- I like the spontaneity and fresh feeling the BW writers brought to the anime. For a while, it made things feel exciting and fun. What I didn't like about the BW writers was how they handled Ash, and Team Rocket later on, by making Ash regress and Team Rocket shift personalities twice in the same series.
- I don't want XY series or Kalos to be a DP 2.0 Series.

Last edited:
More unpopular opinions:
-Satoshi should have caught Nokocchi in the past Ash vs Iris arguing episode, specially if Nokocchi has a Gen VI evolution.

Agreed.

-I prefer Hikari's cameo than Lizardon's return to the cast. Specially when Mijumaru is getting more screentime than him!!!

I have to admit that I agree with this. Atleast Hikari participated in something grand. Charizard started out strong, now it just seems like he's there for us to notice him.

-Bel should have travelled with Satoshi, Iris and Dent through the Decolora Islands.

Here's a really unpopular opinion. I wished Bianca and Trip both were traveling with Ash through Decolora.

-I think that the Mewtwo movie is a dissapointment. I probaqbly prefer the short than the movie itself

The thing about the movie for me is it's appearance. I always like Mewtwo's look over whatever the alien abortion thing is.

A largely unpopular opinion I have is that Trip was actually a decent character. Certainly better then whoever else that was considered a Unova Rival.

Also that he was and deserved to be stronger and smarter then BW Ash, Bianca, Stephan and Cameron.

Last edited:
This is more about Brawl than the anime, but: I liked Michelle Knotz's Pokemon Trainer/Red voice in SSBB, and I hope she reprises her role in the English dub of The Origin (after all, she's right there). I also would have liked to see her try her hand as Ash as opposed to Sarah Natochenny.

This is more about Brawl than the anime, but: I liked Michelle Knotz's Pokemon Trainer/Red voice in SSBB, and I hope she reprises her role in the English dub of The Origin (after all, she's right there). I also would have liked to see her try her hand as Ash as opposed to Sarah Natochenny.

Really? Where can we hear her Red?

I like the cheesy pun episode titles the dub used to use. "Nice Pryce Baby" cracked me up.

-Sinnoh is underrated. Out of all the regions Sinnoh is probably the least popular there ever was and most people seem to view Diamond/Pearl with utter contempt for its' very existence. I'm certain it couldn't be overrated as it was never very popular in the first place.

-The original series is dull with crummy animation and really lame jokes.

-The English Dub is the de facto version of the show. It may not be the original but it is by far the most popular version of the show.

-Brock is weird and should have parted company with Ash after Kanto.

-Tracey Sketchit was awesome and has always been my favorite Pokemon companion.

-Misty was mean to Ash and frankly didn't have much of a character.

-May and Dawn were cool but Iris was the coolest because she's like Dragons.

-Piplup was so freaking awesome and I really loved his personality.

- Pikachu should evolve or be written out of the show.

-Pokemon should be aimed at teenagers/adults since they are the show's primary audience these days. The show really hasn't been super popular among kids in quite a few years. I know because I'm only 19 and I was a kid when the series exploded in popularity. As far I can remember, the show's popularity among kids dropped around 2003. The games were super popular but nobody watched the show or collected the cards anymore. Unlike Call of Duty which is aimed at teenagers/adults but played primarily by kids, Pokemon is aimed at kids but played/watched by teenagers/adults.

-Wallace is definitely Gay.

-Professor Rowan was the coolest Professor.

-The show should be completely independent from the games and should use them only as an inspiration.

Please note: The thread is from 10 months ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom