• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Do you have bad luck with Shinies?

Early on, yes. The first shiny I ever found was in FR on Six Island (near the place where you get the sapphire), and it was a Spearow. At the time, I didn't know what they were, so I just knocked it out like it was nothing. Still can't believe I made that mistake...

I wouldn't find another shiny until I found a shiny Abra a few years later on Emerald, but of course it teleported away. Then, not even 30 minutes later, I found a shiny Aron (which I still have now as a shiny Aggron).

Nowadays, I'm having better luck. I found a shiny Shellos (which is now a Gastrodon) in Platinum, and, most recently, a shiny Whismur in Sapphire (which is now an Exploud).

The only shiny I ever found was Gyarados.....
I have 8 shinies now,got them from events,GTS and friends....

Since I've been playing Pokemon, I've only encountered and captured two shiny Pokemon. The first was Gyarados from Lake of Rage in Crystal and the second one was Bagon from Emerald. Unfortunately, though, I lost the Emerald together with the Bagon with it. I also tried to get a shiny Starly using the Masuda method but ended up giving up about the 70th egg. I'm not exactly the most patient person when it comes to this.

... I'd say I was jealous of you people... but my compensation is trading...

I have yet to see a shiny in the wild that is NOT part of the story (and you all know exactly what I'm talking about)...

For random encounters, one bad problem in HeartGold.
I found a Tentacruel with green eyes (Shiny Tentacruel have green eyes instead of blue)...tried to catch it, but I made it faint/I fled after trying to catch it...
And one Poke Ball with a shiny Pokemon...a Shiny Foongus in Black. I caught that one.

Found shiny Ryhorn in LG,Safari Zone,and it ran away...
Back then,I didn't know what a shiny was XD

I found a Shiny Heracross in my old Crystal version. Lv:18 Heracross against my Scizor with False Swipe. Checked my bag, x36 Ultra Balls. Good. Try to throw one.

Bill: Sorry, your Box is full. Please change boxes.
FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!

I've only found two wild shinies. But that's partially due to the fact that I don't go looking for them.

Yes. ;.;

I've mentioned this before, but there were two shiny encounters that ended in failure. I found a shiny Pidgeotto only for it to use whirlwind on me. I also found a shiny Starly but I found it in one of the worst places to find a shiny, the Great Marsh safari game. It fled after I threw one safari ball. ;.; Aww well. It could be worse. I could have found a non-capturable shiny Zigzagoon/Poochyena that attacks the professor in RSE.

I've caught all the shinies I've found. ALL OF THEM.

I have one shiny.

Yes, after giving up trying to RE and masuda method them, one day I'll have all ghost types shinies...

well, i was chaining for a shiny meditite. i didnt really listen to the part where it said "make sure you have alot of repels"

i thought 50 was enough

got a chain of 40..........ran out

Not necessarily with random encounters. I've managed to catch all three that I've encountered (Nidorino in Crystal, Meditite in Diamond, and Watchog in Black). But I have bad luck breeding them...at least when I want to breed one. I've yet to breed a shiny Feebas. >.>

Oh well at least I'm happy with the shiny Petilil that I bred completely on accident.

Well, I only found 3 in the wild before.

Once, in either Silver or Crystal, I was in the Viridian Forest, and there was a shiny Caterpie, but I didn't have any Pokeballs with me at the time. Oooh, I weeped. I wanted it so bad, even though I had no idea what a "shiny" exactly was. Now looking back, it really depresses me, since it could've been my closest to obtaining a pink Butterfree. Ironically, I also saw a Pidgeot or a Pidgeotto in that forest, but I forgot which game...

Once, in Platinum, I stumbled across a shiny Gastly (during class) and freaked. I wanted it so badly since I love the Gastly line and it was blue. <33 But alas I accidently KO'd it, and it fainted. I was so upset, so much so that I made myself SR for one in my Diamond file, and fortunatley (after days of trying to chain to 40) I managed it. <333

Then, in Heart Gold, I came across a shiny Geodude. At the time, I already planned out my team and it didn't include a Golem, buuut I decided to swap it in, regardless. Unfortunately, it was girl, so I had to give it the name "Rockett" which I find really cheesy, but ah well.

Have yet to stumble across a shiny in Black or White, yet. I am breeding for a shiny Zorua, though.

I've only encountered two shiny Pokemon before(both captured). In Sapphire I caught a shiny Magikarp while searching for Feebas. And a shiny Poochyena in Emerald while I was searching for Latias which happened to pop up on my next step. Sadly I lost both of those games before I could trade them over. So yeah my luck with shiny Pokemon is pretty terrible.

Yes. I have seen three shinies, caught all three of them, but I only have one. I don't want to elaborate, too painfull.

In my many years of Pokémon playing, I have encountered only one wild shiny. It was a shiny Noctowl, I believe in my Crystal game. I was thrilled because at the time, Ash had one in the show.

I think the game glitched at one point and I lost my save file, so I will never see my beloved only shiny ever again. :(

i've encountered two shinies and both were in pokemon ruby.

one was my blue shiny voltorb. the other was a shiny magnemite that my sister took from me and evolved it into magnezone and refuses to give it back.

masuda method and chaining wise... i've got absolute zero luck.

Please note: The thread is from 12 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom