• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Do you have perfect pitch?

Reaction score
Pronouns
  1. He/Him
  2. They/Them
I can make out every note and (occasionally) some chords and intervals. I did this by using reference tones (ex. the first twelve harp notes in Danse Macabre). It’s fun, until you’re waiting for your Switch to connect to the internet and hoping that it finishes the C Major chord by playing a G.

• Staff
I have very good relative pitch but I'm not sure if I have perfect pitch
Lucky—I'm bad at figuring out intervals (except tritones and perfect fifths) just by listening to them (ex. in order to figure out a major third, I first figure out an F and an A and remember that they're a major third apart, if that makes sense).
Nope, didn't get perfect pitch in my autism bundle, unfortunately; I actually have a pretty poor understanding of pitch overall and although I play the bass guitar I'm not very musically inclined. It's an interesting concept to learn about, though.
Bass guitar is really cool :cool:

No. Don't be fooled, I have no real talent for music, and there is no exception with perfect pitch. Wish I did, would make playing oboe so much better for me since it is an instrument that tends to get out of tune and I can fail to hear when it is sometimes. D:

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom