• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

GO Do you hold on to any rare collectibles?

Zexy

Quaxly Boy
Reaction score
Pronouns
  1. He/Him
  2. They/Them
While playing Pokemon GO, I've seen lots of Trainers who do their own sorts of collections... 100% IVs is a very popular one (and for good reason, as a lot of them are useful), Shinies is of course another one. But I've heard of several other cases, such as: 0% IVs, 26.6% IVs (4/4/4, lowest possible weather boosted encounter), 66.6% IVs (10/10/10, lowest you can get from Eggs/Raids/Research), Level 1s, 100 CP, 2018 CP and much much more.

So, do you have such a collection as well? How big is it? Why is important to you?

As for me, other than my 100s and Shinies I also hold on to:
  • 66.6% IVs on Pokemon obtained through Eggs/Raids/Research alone, because they're as rare as 100s. I've got three Legendaries, Kyogre/Shiny Lugia/Latias, and two non-legendaries, Taillow/Scyther.
  • Very few rare Level 1s, mostly because of peer pressure and as some friends have asked me to trade them away if trades ever become available. Shiny Draco Meteor Dragonite, Shiny Dragon Pulse Ampharos, Snorlax, Beldum
I would also hold on to 0%s, if I had any.

My current collections are:
  • 100%'s. I have:
    • CP1330 Sandslash (20)
    • CP1340 Arbok (27)
    • CP2128 Poliwrath (31)
    • CP2453 Swampert (31)
  • 98%'s:
    • CP2139 Jolteon (?)
    • CP2357 Ampharos (31)
  • Shinies:
    • Bulbasaur (x3) (229, 334, 391)
    • Ivysaur (x2) (905, 1323)
    • Venusaur (1943)
    • Dratini (631)
    • Dragonite (1492)
    • Mareep (194, 345, 422)
    • Ampharos (1920)
    • Medicham (388)
    • Banette (554)
    • Glalie (613)
    • Luvdisc (194)

Last edited:
Not really. 100's and shinies seem like something that would obviously be kept to me. Do still have my only 0 a Kabuto. Cant even say I keep everything over 90% anymore as I got rid of some for bag space(when you have 4 96% Wailmers do u need a bunch of 91's?)

When I went to visit my partner across the country for the first time, I caught my very first Chansey! It's stats are horrid, but it was my first Blissey ever and it reminds me of my partner, so I'll always hang onto it.

I have each and every Melton I caught which transformed into Ditto, and all of them are nicknamed Nutty, Nutty II, Nutty III and so on in the order they were captured.

I had a Bellspout which was the first Pokemon I caught with by now-best friend at the place where I first met him. I chose to evolve that bellsprout with horrid CP (think 20-70 range) over a much better one to signify the growth of our friendship since that time, when I gained enough candy for evolution recently (Bellsprout are really rare here).

That Weepinbell is NEVER getting released. It’s capture is one of the first moments which led to the development of a friendship I cherish above all.

Please note: The thread is from 5 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom