• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

do you like b/w so far? what are you most excited about?

what are you most excited about?

• Total voters
Meh! With the release of the starters' evos I am MUCH less excited than I was. Even though they are really fantastic looking, the types are ridiculous. Two monos and ANOTHER FIRE/FIGHT. Tis getting old GF...

They released evo's? Since when?

I feel the same way about the Dark as you do, Foodin. It seems like they tack the Dark type onto any Pokemon that looks somewhat sinister. Nidoking probably would've been a Dark type if that type had existed back then. Gochiruzeru, on the other hand, makes more sense as a Dark type than any other Pokemon, but is instead Psychic.

Anyways, as for what I'm most excited about, that'd actually be the new moves and abilities. I really cannot wait to see which older Pokemon become more usable due to an expanded movepool (Meganium?) or better ability.

I feel the same way about the Dark as you do, Foodin. It seems like they tack the Dark type onto any Pokemon that looks somewhat sinister. Nidoking probably would've been a Dark type if that type had existed back then. Gochiruzeru, on the other hand, makes more sense as a Dark type than any other Pokemon, but is instead Psychic.

Good post! Makes me kinda surprised that pokemon like Ekans or Primeape didn't gain a Dark-typing back in Gen. 2, as the former is a sneaky predator and the latter is more of a bully, and I'm glad they didn't.

As for Nidoking, I think they could've change the types of some dual-type pokemon as easily as they did changed Bite to Dark, Sand Attack to Ground and gave the Magnemite line a Steel-typing, but for some reason, they didn't, so I don't know.

Definitely agree with you about the goth. There are plenty of other pokemon(e.g. Glameow, Tangrowth, Giratina and Mawile) and moves(e.g. Ominous Wind, Night Shade, Leer, Mean Look and Imprison) that appear to fall under Dark more than most actual secondary Dark-type species and a good majority of Dark's movepool. If there's no element or paranormal/special force what so ever pervading the execution of most Dark-type moves, then there just isn't any explanation at all as to how they can hit ghosts, esp. for SE damage, now is there?

I voted everything simply because the option I wanted to vote for wasn't on there. But regardless, everything would be pretty close to the truth.

The main thing I'm looking for, excited about, is just the way the game looks. We have nice cutscenes, we have a very cool evolution sequence that beats that glowing thing any day. And Pokemon actually explode from their games. Just pure awesome, in my opinion. Not to mention all the other cool things like getting shot out of a cannon, climbing that spirally staircase was really cool. The battle animations, plus Reshiram and Zekrom "waking up" let's not forget their badass signature move animations (which I believe we don't know yet). So yeah really looking forward to this game far more than I have before.

But let's talk about the other options on the poll:

The Pokemon: Yes (so far) *hint* *hint* I really like the Pokemon, they get no complaints to me. Wargle was needed generations ago, and dear mother holy crap we indeed might be getting a electric tarantula thing, which makes me really happy (for some odd reason). And not to mention we are likely getting a crapload of Pokemon too, rumored to be higher than the 1st gen. Now this is Pokemon.

The Story: Not sure where they are going with the poser knights of the round table thing, but it does look interesting. It looks like some people actually prefer the very traditional way and don't want to progress as a society (meaning no technology, and apparently no Pokemon as Poke ball creatures). Not to mention they are very hypocritical, but apparently the ends justify the means. Although honestly I think the leader is going more on the "Inferior beings do not deserve Pokemon" than simply "we are Pokemon lovers, and capturing them in Poke balls is apparently cruel and unusual punishment." Now at this moment I don't know how Reshiram and Zekrom fit in this other than maybe Team Plasma tells those Pokemon to obliterate the none believers or something, and instead said Pokemon challenges you. And you either catch them or defeat them and then the Team Plasma "learns the error of their ways" or goes back into hiding until the next time (which we will never see).

The Region: With a theme park as a city (or town), how can you not love Isshu. Plus the region appears to be a lot larger than the previous generations (having apparently more locations of interest, possibly even having a large distance between them). I'm a little but not a lot annoyed that the routes started over, because I guess now (if I'm not mistaken) Gamefreak won't be able to fix the route problems in the previous 4 generations, but eh I'm not too worked up.

So far I'm loving what I'm seeing, and it does look like Gamefreak is leaving the DS with a huge BANG. I just hope the same will be said about the 3DS Pokemon games (which definitely should be superior).

Being a new region, I was thinking there were going to be totally different things.~ I want to enter the Pokemon Musical... it's sooo nice~ <3

I like the usual mechanics added each gen - new moves, abilities, ect. I like a lot of the Pokemon, but also dislike a lot. Musical looks a bit more amusing than contests ('ll admit it, I love dressing up my Pokemon and making them look ridiculous). I love the fact that characters are getting more personality.

However, I am not looking forward to two main things. First is all of the battle changes - Triple Battles are fine and dandy, but did we really need three different kinds? The same thing with the move combos - fans have been clamoring for them, but in actuallity, you probably can only use certain moves for it. No Hydro Pump + Thunder or Fire Blast + Sandstorm. So, too many new battle mechanics that will take a ton of skill to pull off (I don't have that much confidence in GF).

The other thing is the plot. Pt's the only Gen III-IV game that doesn't have a terrible plot. I'd say the best way to describe the plot is to compare it to a Mary Sue (a perfect character who can supposedly do anything with no faults at all (like Superman pulling powers out of nowhere)). The plot tries to combine fantasy and technology and history and the future and action and emotion... and fails horrendously. The plots are like something out of a B movie. I mean... in R/G/B/Y/G/S you were just fighting Team Rocket. It's not like your character had to fight them, really. If he hadn't done it, it's not like the world would end. In the new games, you have no choice but to fight them because if you don't the world will end. It takes away a lot.

I'm excited to breeze through the main plot without even caring about it and then raising the Pokemon I like.

There's Already people in japan playing this game (the ones who pre-ordered it) and lots of things have been revealed, including the regional dex. And the thing i'm most sad is that THEY DIDN'T MAKE A NEW EEVEELUTION! it was the last chance for eevee to evolve again and it's ruined. But still i liked this game. It is set to come in america at spring so it may be at march or april.

Just a little detail: this is my first post at this forum.

Please elaborate.

You do realize you're asking this clarification from an user who has posted exactly once and hasn't visited the forums ever since, in a thread that was (aside from the useless bump from yesterday) not been replied to in half a year, right?

Please note: The thread is from 13 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom