• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Do you like Gyms that can't be fought as soon as you get there?

Pidgeot

追放されたバカ
Reaction score
Do you like it when Gyms can't be fought as soon as you reach the city it's in? (Eg. Viridian Gym can't be fought until you've got the 7th badge, Olivine Gym can't be fought until you get the Secret Potion, the Petalburg Gym can't be done until you've gotten the 4th badge, the Hearthome Gym can't be done until you get to Celestic Town (in DP), the Mistralton Gym can't be done until you go to the Celestial Tower, and the Aspertia Gym can't be done as soon as you get there either)

Do you like it when that happens, or do you prefer to gyms as soon as you reach them?

I dont mean to be rude, but what is exciting over gyms you cant battle. I suppose there is some excitement in seeing a gym in which you cant battle until youve got 8 badges.

I think gyms in which you need to complete a plot to battle, such as Juan's/Wallace's Gym is quite exciting, its fun to complete the plot within. Nothing exciting about giovanni's gym though unless you actually have the badges.

So yeah, I prefer gyms that you can reach and battle straight away.

I don't mind them. If it adds a little more to the story to send the player on a quest before they can continue with the gym, then great.

Of course I do; it gives you more time to level up your Pokemon via trainer battles, who give out more EXP than wild Pokemon.

I don't mind it it at all. Actually, I might even say that I prefer it?
I think it's an effective way to add in nice little sub-plots and in some cases (like Jasmine and the Potion) it adds another opportunity to further develop the characters of the gym leaders, or whoever else is involved in the story line.

I don't really mind it. It does offer more chance to make your Pokemon stronger and it can add more to the storyline or the Gym Leaders' characterization, such as Jasmine with protecting that Ampharos while you go off to get the Secret Potion. Plus, it makes the Gyms stand out at least a bit ompared to the ones where you can challenge the Gym Leaders right away.

That just gives me a chance to make my pokemon stronger. I like it when the gym can't be fought as soon as you get in the city that it's in.

I like it. Like said above, it can add nice things for the plot, when done right

It doesn't bother me at all. I can see why it might be slightly irritating having to wait, especially if the thing you have to do is tedious.

I'm not bothered by them. It allows me to train my Pokemon more and gain more EXP. It also give me a chance to explore the town or do some side-game stuff.

I quite like it. It gives so much more satisfaction when you can do the gym, like the Viridian gym. You see it right at the beginning, and then have to leave it and come back later. It feels more like completing something than just a normal gym, like when you battle a gym with more character/relevance, like Norman's gym. Especially if it is like the Viridian gym, which is actually the first gym you come across. Like completing a journey.

I seem to be the first one, but it really irritates me when that happens, unless the game gives you a very good reason not to fight instantly.

Unless it is Petalburg, it makes me frustrated. ( What the HECK DO I HAVE TO DO NOW?!) Sometimes, I just want to kind of rush through a boring city with the only attraction (in my opinion) the Gym, like Mistralton City, or Ollivine City. That is all.

I actually really like them, as it means more backtracking, and I think we should see more of them.

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom