• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Do you like it that Pokemon tend to get become more aggressive with each evolution?

RTLfan

Reaction score
Pronouns
  1. She/Her
  2. He/Him
When it comes to starters for instance the only one that doesn't become more aggressive is the Chikorita line. Fairy types tend to be an exception to this too but that's hardly surprising.

They are not becoming more "aggressive", they are just becoming more powerful when evolved. The aggressiveness and wilderness are dependent on each respective species.

Those pokemons that were tended to become more aggressive upons evolution, are those that were already showing belligerence and militancy at their NFE stage, so it is understandable why their combativeness increase when evolve, because of they now possess more fighting power and ability.
But those pokemons that weren't warlike nor quarrelsome but rather docile and obedient at their NFE stage, are still like that even upon evolving (of course there are exceptions, like Magikarp). It is just that they are now possessing stronger power hence their potential danger is higher, but potential danger aka risk =/= aggressiveness.

I don't like nor dislike evolution, because I think that is just a form of natural growth of Pokemon. Everything grows to become older and bigger, so there is no need the defame evolution, as that is just part of the nature of the Pokemon World.
If there is anything that makes me dislike the evolved form of a pokemon, that will not be the evolution itself, but the pokemon itself.

In the BW Adventures. manga, Black had a Tepig that got more reckless and wild with each evolution, but White had a Servine that evolved into a Serperior which she got from N, and that was completely loyal and friendly to her even after evolving. It might depend on the species of Pokemon and their general nature.

Usually I prefer for Starters to get more fierce-looking as they evolve, but given that most of the concepts people thought of for "tougher" Popplio evolutions were basically Water-type Conkeldurr, I'm glad Popplio became a pinniped version of the Ugly Duckling. (Calling Popplio "ugly" is kind of a stretch, though; I think it's adorable despite the clown motif) I've also grown more fond of the Chikorita line over time, even though it's still my least favorite Grass-type starter.

I'm also fond of Wimpod, because even though it looks fiercer when it evolves into Golisopod, it's still a "big bad scaredybug," as Bogleech put it.

Please note: The thread is from 7 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom