• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Do you like Kotetsu/Cameron as a rival?

Status
Not open for further replies.

3Dchu

Hoe- MISTY CONFIRMED
Reaction score
So like the title says, do you like Cameron? Do you find him interesting? Do you like his rivallry with Ash? etc.

Not really. I mean there really wasn't enough time for a rivalry. There was more of a wierd friendship between them and he was just weird the first time he was introduced until the time he got off. As far as his battles go, his one with Ash is okay but I don't get Ash losing to him then someone more with his/her head on straight.

I don't think that I dislike him as much as many other people here do, but I never really liked him either. Cameron always came off as annoyingly stupid to me. His battle skills were decent at best and the only aspect about him that I liked was the fact that he had a Riolu and then it evolved into a Lucario, but that's primarily because Lucario is my favorite Pokemon. There wasn't much of a rivalry between Cameron and Ash. It felt more like they were going for an odd friendship between them, but that didn't really work out for me either.

I didn't mind him too much outside of his match against Ash. But the reason I never really liked him all that much was because he felt pretty superfluous. Everything he did pre-League could have been taken up by Bianca (showing off her strength and getting in a few jokes), and all the League battles could have been taken up with Virgil or Stephan. Everything he did could have been taken up by other, similar characters without much of a fuss.

His friendship with Ash was really organic, though. I liked it. If he had to be in the show, I wish he would have appeared sooner, so they could explore and have fun with their relationship.

Not really. For one thing, he's an idiot, and even more so than Ash. I mean, how did he think the Unova League would be held in a completely different region? Also, he was introduced too late in the saga to develop a good rivalry, which was the same problem as Harrison, Morrison, Tyson...am I missing any?

He was cute in some ways, and I did like the Riolu... but he was just too stupid to acknowledge as a rival. And Ash lost to him?

I feel that the show could've been better without him ;_;

He actually was a favourite character of mine, until BW 107-108 aired up. Not only does he bring 5 Pokemon (I can accept that, because he is a scatterbrain and probably never ever had a full battle before), he does awful type-advatnage mistakes. Come on, Cameron was initally written as a character that does everything wrong in his normal life, but is quite powerful when it comes to Pokemon battles (the whole headband snap thing was a cartoon adaptation of that). However, we clearly see him losing 3 out of 5 Pokemon out of nowhere! I mean, he can beat Ash (Unova version) 2 v 6 quite easily, while he can also lose 3 v 2, depending on his "brainwaves"!
BW108, however, is when I decided that Cameron is the worst Ash-crusher the Pokemon Anime has offered. Not only does he get a Watchog out of nowhere, he loses 5 of his Pokemon (his badass Hydreigon included) to Virgil's 3! He lost 3 v 6 in the end! Okay, you wanna the Eevee guy win for the marketing, let Virgil lose everything but Espeon, so it could be a 5 v 6 (that is beleivable, cause he could have sent Ferrothorn against Flareon and much much more...)

Conclusion: Cameron is even worse than Ritchie!

He was ok when he first appeared but the Unova League ruined everything. He does an Iris and pulls a Hydreigon out of nowhere, uses only 5 Pokemon in a Full Battle (Why the fuck was he not disqualified!?), and STILL wins through a lucky evo. God fucking dammit, that was worse than the Indigo League!

I can picture that guy desperatly searching for a sixth Pokemon before his battle with Virgil and it gives me pleasure.

The worst part is that Ash himself made it possible for Cameron to get in the Unova League... Well done Ash, you well and truly set yourself up for failure this time.

I don't like him. Even from his first appearance, I hated him, more than Bianca (which is saying a lot). I find it hard to believe that he, of all people, could have a Hydriegon...

I'm going to be honest here. He's probably the worst character introduced in the anime. I don't know what it is, but individually, all of his traits are tolerable, but together it's an absolute mess.

1. His idiocy would have been tolerable if he was introduced as a beginning trainer and much earlier in the saga. I liked that in Bianca. The best thing about moronic characters is watching them outgrow their moronic traits. Cameron gets none of that. He's introduced as an idiot and he stays an idiot for his tenure.

2. The fact that he has powerful Pokémon under his command is ridiculous. The dissonance between his power level and his competence is almost too much for me to really believe. I have to imagine that he's an autistic savant of some kind when it comes to Pokémon battles. This isn't a good thing at all. Owning strong Pokémon alone isn't enough to think that a character is supposed to be "cool", the trainer has to be cool as well.

3. As mentioned already, he's superfluous and his traits have already been covered by other characters who have been around longer and are more interesting.

I've got a high tolerance to dumb stuff like this, but Cameron just rustles my jimmies for some reason.

He is just as bad as Rocko and Soran...NO JUST NO. he is one of the characters we need to forget like the GS ball. I did like riolu and lucario but he was n othing more than an animated migrain.

I would have liked him better if he wasn't so dumb. We already had Bianca somewho close to it, so having him that way as well as Burgundy, made me feel aweful. They should have just let him ha ve Virgil and be done with it.

I never minded him at first and honestly wished the guy appeared during/en route to the WTJC since he bounced off Ash pretty well (at the cost of his travel companions). AT FIRST. But after that... hoo boy.

My problem with him comes from the fact that he's a little mega derp that I have no reason to nor given any reasons to care about but find myself asking "How do you even function?"every time he's on the screen which makes his "amazing" team of powerhouse monsters and battle skills that he uses to steamroll others effortlessly all the more jarring.

And yeah, another problem stems from whose he's trouncing to look strong. Anime!Bianca got on my nerves down the line, but she deserved better than what she got at the league as did Marlon, who was reduced to an over-glorified CoTD (which is even more hurtful when you look at his status in the games) sans the plot of the day. Hell, his first opponent in the League deserved better than what he got. Honestly should've won the damn match too.

The kid is essentially the anti-Trip in personality/intelligence but given the same perks of being insanely powerful for no effin' reason whatsoever.

I. HATE. HIM!!!

He did not have one redeeming quality to him.

1. He was stupider then Ash which if your anybody other then TR is really hard.

2. He was WAY too overhyped. I mean he got more then most of the rivals got in all of BW and for what??

3. He was OP as hell -_-......

Just no, if he never appears again it will be too soon.

The worst part was Ash led to his own demise -_-...Kotetsu wouldn't even be in the league if it wasn't for Ash.

I hate his gutts, the dude shouldn't have even been able to still battle in the league without six Pokemon, Ash doesn't get this treatment but this brainless kid does? How is that fair? The only thing I liked about him was his Pokemon, so sad they were given to a trainer like this guy, how they are still a live is beyound me. It really makes you wonder, how does he make it in a world like that? In real life he'd be dead by now, but thats Pokemon for you.

Are you kidding me? That guy is hilarious. One of the most decent rivals we have on this gen. Looking at you Trip :D

I really don't know.

I think he should've been introduced way eariler. Trip should've been the last second rival to come in (I don't count Virgil for now).

I do enjoy his character, but he should've been toned down much more.

I can't really say I like him. Sure, his goofiness could lend itself to some appeal, but sometimes it just goes too far (the Unova league...in Ecruteak City. Nice thought pattern). Riolu was cute, but after that embarrassing battle for Ash and it's evolution into a Pokemon I dislike...can't say that's going for him anymore.

Ehhhh I'm on the fence. His design isn't too memorable, his personality just makes me think of Barry, and his little quirk of pulling his headband when he has an idea doesn't really do much for me. I don't dislike him whatsoever, though... just don't find him too memorable a character.

Do I actually like the guy? Fuck no, his battle against Ash pretty much destroyed any chance of me liking him...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom