• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Do you like Normal type Pokemon?

RTLfan

Reaction score
Pronouns
  1. She/Her
  2. He/Him
What is your opinion of them?

Rate them on a scale from 1 to 10 with 10 being the highest, 1 the lowest, and 5 being at the limit of acceptable.

I love the designs, uses, and move pools of Normal-types. 'Tis why its my 4th favorite type.

8/10

I've never been a fan of normal types because I don't see how they fit into my team usually.

1/10.

I've always had a bit of a soft spot for the Normal type, particularly the pure Normal type. I've had Kangaskhan on teams since Leaf Green, along with the odd Snorlax. It would be nice to see more Normal types that aren't relegated to the common 'mons of the 'dex

I've always had a bit of a soft spot for the Normal type, particularly the pure Normal type. I've had Kangaskhan on teams since Leaf Green, along with the odd Snorlax. It would be nice to see more Normal types that aren't relegated to the common 'mons of the 'dex

Stuff like Zangoose and Tauros, you mean?

I find Normal to be one of my favorite types, because the Pokemon are just so cute! Furret, the Minccino line, Buneary's family; all quickly became some of my top faves upon reveal~

They also are able to use a TON of different moves, are immune to one of the best types, and have only one weakness.

I'd maybe rate them an 8.5~

I like normal-types for their versatility. I remember wanting an Ice-type for X/Y, but not having one on my team. However, I did have a Linoone, and it could learn Ice Beam. Even without stab, it was very handy.

Plus the entire Zigzagoon line is just too cute, especially with Pokemon Amie.

I'd rate them an 8/10.

Yes! They are usually really adorable, and a lot of them are versatile in competitive play because they can learn many different moves. The immunity to ghost is really neat as well.

I like the designs of a lot of Normal-types. I also love how versatile they are and their immunity to Ghost is real nice.

Normal-type moves, on the other hand... I wish there would be something weak to it. It is the only type that does not do super-effective damage, yet there are a few types that resist it. Normal-types are also weak to the ever-so-common Fighting-type moves, which makes using them a lot more difficult.

I give the type an 7/10. There are plenty of Normal-types that are really good, but not being super-effective against anything and having a really common weakness prevent them from being truely perfect. Regardless, I still like them, but it is not my favorite type by a long shot.

I like the Normal-Type and I've always loved Tri-Attack. I give it an 8/10

I've liked it since I first started playing Pokemon. My favorites of the type used to be Clefairy, Clefable and Porygon.

For some reason I used to think Porygon was a Rock-Type... XD

although i have never used one in my team (i am planning to use my furret though in SoulSilver unless i find something a little bit more useful) i find Normal Types to be pretty adorable and powerful too, i mean look at Miltank. Its a cute pink cow... that can destroy you and your team if you're not careful. i really adore my raticate and furret. i give them 8/10 because there are 2 more types i like better

Yeah, pokémon like that. It seems that there are fewer of them in each generation - I haven't checked to see if that's true, but that's the impression I get

Yeah, pokémon like that. It seems that there are fewer of them in each generation - I haven't checked to see if that's true, but that's the impression I get

There were fewer pure Normal types in Gen V but on average the number of them has been steady across the generations. Source: List of type combinations by abundance - Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia

I like their designs and stuff, but it's really rare to have one on my team. I'm not sure why, it just works out that way.

They're cute. Not the strongest of the bunch but they're the most....animallike? They mostly rely on physical strength rather than special abilities.
Some of my favorites like Snorlax, Porygon, and Delcatty are normal. 7/10.

I don't particularly like them, but I guess it depends on the specific Pokemon. For example, Slaking is my idea of awesome. On the other hand, Clefairy and Wigglytuff are examples of Normal types that I don't really care for. I do use Normal types, but not nearly as often as others.

7/10.

I don't particularly like them, but I guess it depends on the specific Pokemon. For example, Slaking is my idea of awesome. On the other hand, Clefairy and Wigglytuff are examples of Normal types that I don't really care for. I do use Normal types, but not nearly as often as others.

7/10.
Clefairy is no longer Normal type but Wigglytuff is still is but it has Fairy typing as well. I like some Normal type mons like Snorlax, Tauros, Porygon-Z, Zangoose, Lopunny and Diggersby, i just wished it was super effective against something, like it could be against itself like Ghost is and since they are immune to each to other they would be each other counterpart, so 7/10.

Never used 'em much in in-game teams besides normal/flying, but I actually use some of 'em in battles (cinccino, lopunny, diggersby, kangaskhan, bouffalant, and etc)..

If we'll see at designs, there's the cuttest ones imo: teddiursa, minccino, eevee, patrat, lillipup and the list can go on. And the legendary bidoof is normal type, how can't you love 'em?!
With only one weakness and one inmunity they can be uselful if used correctly. 9/10.

I like them. They have only one weakness, and they can withstand most hits even if they're not tanks. They also have wide movepools so I like them.

My personal favorite is Lopunny. I had one on my Platinum team, and one in Black2. Both were extremely useful.
9/10

Please note: The thread is from 10 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom