• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Do you like Normal type Pokemon?

Normal types are the in-between type, in that they are neutral that there is not much to favour or dislike them. They do have a lot of variety among their type as their asset, so it's something to be fascinated with. So, 7/10.

Thanks for reading.

Yeah they're great and most are really interesting and strong, such as Ursaring and Porygon-Z

6/10

I just decided that Wigglytuff would make the most adorable pet! I want one! Oh, also Porygon2 is kind of cool, if you like ducks that have no reason to be ducks (like Magmar...........)

Well I like normal flying types but I usually don't put normal type moves on them so they may as well be pure flying. Normal is a decent type but there some I like more and less, so 7-8/10?

In the first three gens, I usually had one on my team (especially to counter Morty's ghost team in Gold.) Gen I had some strong normal types, such as Snorlax and Kanghaskan, as mentioned throughout this thread. In Gens II and III I used normal types like Ursaring, Exploud, and Slaking. From Gen IV on, I haven't typically used any normal types simply due to the amount of available Pokemon to choose from. Overall, I give the type a 8/10.

I love them, 9/10.

Snorlax, Kangaskhan, Miltank, Chansey, Meowth, Spinda, Castform, Skitty, Porygon, Minccino (and their evolutions) are all great.

On the other hand, I never actually use any of them on a team, because they never have a type advantage...

I like them a lot! Audino, Slakoth-line, Raticate, Lopunny, Furfrou, Linoone, (Pyroar if it counts), Delcatty, Pidgeot, Fearow, Persian, Furret, Whismur-line, Purugly (<3), Chatot, Deerling-line, Braviary... I really like all of those quite ridiculously much. XD

The only Normal type I distinctly remember using in my team was a Linoone in Generation III. Namely, as a utility pokémon (Strength, Cut, Thief <Headbutt?>, Covet).

Nowadays, I really don't use them. ``

I like them a lot! Audino, Slakoth-line, Raticate, Lopunny, Furfrou, Linoone, (Pyroar if it counts), Delcatty, Pidgeot, Fearow, Persian, Furret, Whismur-line, Purugly (<3), Chatot, Deerling-line, Braviary... I really like all of those quite ridiculously much. XD

Of course Pyror counts. Why wouldn't it?

Of course Pyror counts. Why wouldn't it?

As it's primarily a Fire type, and I keep forgetting about its Normal typing from time to time XD

Normal-type Pokémon are just so... normal.

The Normal type is such an average type, which is obviously the point, but as a result I find the type to be so blah. I commend Game Freak for trying to add some variety to the type by creating Pokémon like Helioptile and Pyroar, but fpr me that's not enough.

7/10.

Normal is my least favourite type. Partially because Ghost is my absolute favourite.
The pokemon themselves are often diverse, and i like so many of them; Zangoose, Vigoroth, Stoutland, Munchlax to name a few.

Defensively, they stand up okay enough, being the only type immune to Ghost and only one weakness. This makes it better when combined with another type, though. Deerling, Bibarel, Girafarig and the multitude of Norm/Flying birds.

Offensively it's horrible. having nothing weak to it, Ghost immune to it and two more types that resist, i try to use normal type moves only for STAB or when i absolutely have no other choice (Strength/Cut field move applications for example).

9/10
I love using them and the fact that they can learn a variety of moves. I have a soft spot for Normal-types.

There are many cool Normal types, but I rarely use them in my playthroughs
Although I did use a Heliolisk during my Y playthrough

I'd say 7/10

I like Normal type pokemon just gine, but its kind of annoying when a pokemon is normal type AND
another type...Like Staraptor (Normal and Flying)

I like them for the versatile movesets many Normal types have and along with their availability are very useful in game. Though I do wish strong special normal type moves were more readily available for pokemon like Heliolisk.

I love most normal-types. I can't think of any at the moment that I really dislike as most of them are really cute or cool. I've used normal-types in several of my teams including, Pidgeot, Swellow, Linoone, Chatot, Cinccino, Furfrou, Heliolisk, etc. I also love cuties like Eevee, Minccino, Buneary, and Igglybuff. But most recently I've taken a liking to badass Pyroar since it's a lion, my favorite animal.

I'd rank normal-types at a 9.5/10 simply because they can be really cute, awesome, badass, anything, but unfortunately they don't have an advantage over anything.

Please note: The thread is from 10 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom