• Excited about the recently announced new Pokémon games? Join us here for discussion and speculation.
  • Visit your account preferences to list your favourite Gen 9 Starter, and you'll get the appropriate badge added to your profile!
  • If you are finding yourself unable to log in, you should be able to fix the issue by following the following process.
    1. Close all browser tabs with any part of Bulbagarden open.
    2. Delete all Bulbagarden.net cookies (and if possible, any cached site data for Bulbagarden) from your browser.
    3. Close and reopen your browser, open a new tab, and log into the forums on the new tab.
    If you've followed this process and are still having issues, please contact us via the "Contact us" link at the bottom of the forum.

Do You Like Pokémon Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl?

Do You Like Pokémon Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

Tepig Pignite Emboar 969

追放されたバカ
Reaction score
So let's settle this once and for all. Do any of you like Pokémon Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl? Do you like them more then the original Diamond and Pearl? Do you like them more than Pokémon Sword and Shield?

I obviously like these games a lot. More than the original Diamond and Pearl and more than Pokémon Sword and Shield, but that doesn't mean they are bad games at all.

I really enjoyed playing these games a lot and nothing will change my mind on that.

So do you like Pokémon Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl? Let me know below.

Boss1708

Pokémon Master
Reaction score
Yes, I like BD/SP a lot. I think it is the best Pokemon game in a long time.

The game is vastly superior to the original Diamond and Pearl, and I like it at least as much as Platinum (if not more). I also prefer BD/SP over all the other 3DS and Switch Pokemon games (XY, ORAS, SM, USUM, LGPE, SwSh+DLC).

In short, I think BD/SP is one of the best Pokemon games, and a much needed breath of fresh air.

Last edited:

wanderist

Someone. Maybe.
Reaction score
Pronouns
She/Her
I like it. I definitely enjoy it more than I did the original DP and for the most part I'd take it over Platinum too. It's a fun, enjoyable game and the QOL features make it a lot easier to enjoy for me than DPPt. I like SWSH a lot more, but that's currently either my favorite or second favorite game in the series, so beating it was always going to be a high bar for me.

GhostLucario

Ghost maniac
Reaction score
This is the first Pokémon game I truly enjoyed in a long time. I like it so much better than every 3DS and Switch game.
Maybe because it's based on DP which were already some of my favorites.
It has some flaws (the exp scaling is bad, and the foggy effect on the overworld is very annoying) but it's miles better than SwSh and the originals

Gengarzilla

"What do you mean, my Gengarite is contraband?!"
Reaction score
Pronouns
He/Him
It's certainly not the greatest Pokémon game I've ever played, but man, I haven't enjoyed a Pokémon game this much since Gen 5. Very pleased to have given this one the fair chance that many early "critics" didn't.

charlycicero

Reaction score
Yes I do. It is a bummer I still don't get to have the Platinum experience with these new games, but I gladly add them to my collection. Plus, it is one more Pokemon game I can play on the Switch.

That being said, I still like Sword/ Shield a bit more.

colours

ꜰʟᴏᴡᴇʀ ꜰɪᴇʟᴅꜱ ❀
Reaction score
Pronouns
she/her
they're ok, i think. i also didn't have an issue with the original D/P games, so that probably helped my opinion of the remakes. also, chibi graphics are cool.

there's definitely things that can be improved upon, but i don't think they actively hindered my experience or anything with the exception of the downgrade of secret bases.

i like swsh a hair more, btw. raids and the ease of shiny hunting in those games wins me over lol

There Is No Arceus

Reaction score
Pronouns
She/Her
considering that the games these are based on are among the best in the series, there really isn't much they could do wrong. yeah, i like them. i'd even say they're better than Sword & Shield. they're also better than DP, but that doesn't matter because Platinum exists. I still consider Platinum the superior game, and it'll continue to be my go-to Sinnoh game. for this reason, i probably won't ever come back to BDSP after my current playthrough

Kelleo

Secret Sword of Justice
Reaction score
I did at first. I don't like them anymore. They're way too hard at the end. I prefer easier games (though not so easy that it's boring).

JediMaster362

Starly Fan
Reaction score
Love it. My Starly is super loyal, and is able to pull through against many tough opponents!

Last edited:

JediMaster362

Starly Fan
Reaction score
My only complaint is that they changed Commander Mars's reference to Lucas and Dawn. She doesn’t refer to the pair as a "Lovey-Dovey couple to the rescue". She only says that it’s "cute", and the pair is "playing".

JFrombaugh

Reaction score
I really liked them.

Would I have liked more of the features from Platinum? Yes. But I still very much enjoyed reliving the nostalgia on the big Switch screen, I'm happy that they didn't shy away from challenging the fans this time around (especially with the E4/Cynthia!), and believe me, I would not have been happy if they'd actually tried to do a Gen VIII retcon & then pulled some sort of multiverse explanation out of their asses for why Dynamax is in Sinnoh even though it was all but confirmed in SwSh that it was a phenomenon unique to Galar.

In that regard, I'm actually kind of glad they said "If it ain't broken, don't fix it".

PhoenixGateSeven

Reaction score
Pronouns
He/Him
I like these games so far. I've had Shining Pearl for about a week now and I can't seem to put it down. This is the first Pokemon game I've played since the original Diamond and Pearl back on DS so I can't really compare them to very many other Pokemon games.