• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

BDSP Do You Like Pokémon Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl?

Do You Like Pokémon Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
I liked them just fine, but after replaying them a few times, I'd say Platinum is still the better DPPt experience due to there being more to do and it's presentation is better. And as a remake, for me at least, it doesn't beat out HGSS like I thought it possibly could before their release. The Grand Underground is really fun though, and I think I spent way more time there catching Pokemon that probably shouldn't be on my team just yet at certain points, but then I've always liked the Underground anyway even in the originals.

As someone who wasn't playing the Pokemon games when the original Diamond, Pearl, and Platinum came out, I enjoyed being able to play them in some way with Brilliant Diamond.

But, honestly, I wish Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl would have been more like Sword and Shield instead of this chibi art style. I know it's faithful to the classic games, but even in the Switch's handheld mode, it's a little bit of a headache to play for me.

Back
Top Bottom