• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Do you miss Ash and Misty's arguments?

Do You Miss Ash and Misty's Arguments?

• Hell Yes

Votes: 60 48.0%
  • Hell No

Votes: 19 15.2%
  • I didn't care for them

Votes: 22 17.6%
  • Another Misty thread, r u serious(Scott, Gible post here)

Votes: 24 19.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
They pretty much stopped arguing once you get into Johto anyway, with the exception of only a few eps.

Do you guys have false memories of the past? Ash/Misty hardly fought at all in Johto, with the exception of one or two eps.

Yeah it was funny at some points...now it's like Ash and Dawn having so many pearlshipping canonicalness from I've seen and the only arguing I've seen was from Jessie and James of Team Rocket which is funny

Keeping your head in the past does not help your current state in the future. I was never into Pokemon when the fad was going on (although my brother was) and I have many unpleasant childhood memories that I wish to keep sealed (mostly to do with school and friends).

Says you. I say it's good to remember fond memories of the past. Don't just judge people who do that as people who's "stuck in the past".

I DO miss the arguments because it proved how close the trio were. In DP however the trio dynamic is weaker than the OS and AG.

I DO miss the arguments because it proved how close the trio were. In DP however the trio dynamic is weaker than the OS and AG.

The DP trio has a weaker dynamic because Brock is still here. Dawn and Brock have no sense of bonding/friendship which ruins it.

This is why I really hope Brock gets replaced, since next gen will have a new girl.

I miss Ash/Misty arguments at times. It definitely shows the difference between Ash and Misty's relationship with Ash and May or Ash and Dawn. As mentioned, I don't remember any arguments between Ash and co. other than the Dawn and Ash contest vs. gym one but that argument drove the plot of the episode. Misty's and Ash's arguments with each other were pretty much just for comic relief. Their arguments were characteristics of their relationship.

Perhaps I have too much caffeine pissing through my system but, Ash and Dawn do have arguments. Doc Brock! A Rivalry to Gible on, What about "Dawn of a new era". Please don't act as If as soon as Misty left petty arguments left as-well. The truth Is they started to decline during the Orange Islands.

Oh boy do I miss them. I love it when Ash gets in an argument with ANY of his girlfriends female friends, because it's always funny. But Ash vs. Misty arguments had a more classic comedic essence.

If Misty was dead, I would be dead I think I cover that fact along time ago. I've been holding on to pokeshipping for offically a decade now (Today is the day I became a pokeshipper yes I'm that obsessed that I know the anniversary lol)

Everyone can said what they want, but I'm just saying Ash and Misty will argue again, for at least old times sake.

Till then I will return to say "I told you so"

Peace out~

If Misty was dead, you'd be dead? Do you mean dead on the inside?
Cuz, I can't imagine you'd kill yourself over a cartoon character.
I think there's still a lot of comedy into todays series too, Pokeshippers don't say so cuz they miss those little hints and Misty. I don't know what makes you think writers/producers make special littleness for Pokeshippers either, cuz of threads like this? Here's a tip, Pearlshipping is very popular in Japan FYI. Sorry I'm in a bad moode todayXD

Keeping your head in the past does not help your current state in the future.

That doesnt mean how past should be forgotten like it never existed.You can live in present,still having memories of the past and what happend before.

Gotta love people logic "if someone talks about past,theyre living in it".So that means how people are not allowed to talk about past main characters and original series anymore?

Do you guys have false memories of the past? Ash/Misty hardly fought at all in Johto, with the exception of one or two eps.

Your right that they argued less than Johto,but it was more than "one or two episode".You might want to refresh your memory because it was more than that.If its needed ill list episodes.

However thas nothing strange,comedy was provided inother aspectsbeside aerguing in this anime,and Misty couldnt stay 100% same forever,she developed into better person,like Ash,May etc did.Of course her development was smaller than her successors,but she got some(though not enough).

I think there's still a lot of comedy into todays series too,

Im not even a pokeshipper and i can safely say how this show has less comedy than original series.In these days the only real funny moments ware being provded by TR,and thats not so often either.
Only those who are completely biased with DP,would claim otherwise.

Pearlshipping is very popular in Japan FYI. Sorry I'm in a bad moode todayXD

All three ships involving main girls are equally popular,though from what i noticed there is more poke than other shippers.

Im not even a pokeshipper and i can safely say how this show has less comedy than original series.In these days the only real funny moments ware being provded by TR,and thats not so often either.

Sorry to hear.

There's different styles of comedy that can be used in a cartoon. If DP barely had any comedy (as in only team rocket doing it and no one else), I wouldn't be watching at all.

However all the Pokemon have provided me with some comedy in some shape or form aswell as Ash, dawn and brock.

I enjoy DP's comedy as much as the older series comedy.
It's very different comedy to what the earlier episodes are though.

I find this sort of thing hard to explain since everyone has a style of comedy they prefer and a style of comedy that goes right over their heads.

For me I like the comedy of both DP and the old series equally and it doesn't feel like there's less.

I enjoy DP's comedy as much as the older series comedy.
It's very different comedy to what the earlier episodes are though.

I guess i expressed myself wrongly,what i was trying to say is how older sesons seemed more comedy oriented in my opinion because of slapstick humor,arguing between main characters with everything seeming working dynamically feeling more realistic.

While in these days there is provided some sort of comedy,it feels like its forced to me not having the right chemistry between characters like older seasons(especally Kanto)used to have.Conflict between main characters is barely present,with Dawn for example having less arguing moments than Misty used to have with Ash and Dawns lack of relationship with Brock doesnt help things either.

It just seems how DP has toned down in comedy department,with few exceptions like Croagunk being there.

I went to an anime convention (my first) and there were THREE girls dressed as Misty, none of May and one of Dawn and Lyra.

When I showed people my pic of May and Dawn kissing Ash they asked "where's misty" some dressed as Misty say they missed her comedy as a character.

This convinces me pokemon lovers missed Ash and Misty's arguments, So stop saying they don't cuz they do.

Yes... It was funny because of the weird things ash always responded, I know why he drived her nuts...

Also it was more real, I don´t know any friends than don´t argue, that´s some of the points of the people than say may and dawn are mary sues, they are just sweet...

The arguing was toned down severely during late Orange and especially Johto.

I think the people who believe they argued all the time are going by faded nostalgia, try rewatching those older episodes and you'll be surprised how rare it was to see an Ash/Misty fight after Kanto.

Yes... It was funny because of the weird things ash always responded, I know why he drived her nuts...

Also it was more real, I don´t know any friends than don´t argue, that´s some of the points of the people than say may and dawn are mary sues, they are just sweet...

Though Ash has matured and doesn't say that much weird things to piss off girls these days. Most of the time he's very supportive. There's alot of things he use to do to Misty he doesn't do now.

The cameos Misty came back in he didn't argue with her. He didn't tease her like he use to.

It's more than just the new girls. Ash has changed alot over the years.

Good job j-boogie, the thread grew well, heheh, i thought it was a pokeshipping thread, so sorry..

Any ways I don't really miss it. In fact, no offense I wasn't a Misty fan. Some of the arguments were started for no reason by Misty, which a lot of the times got me angry.

I'll be lazy and just agree with this.

And also:
Ash has changed alot over the years.

This.
Ash has become rather calm (uh, well he can still be ADHD-ish, but that's not the point here!) and doesn't bother much with arguing anymore.
Just look at how he behaves around Paul - sure, sometimes Paul manages to tick Ash off (and even then, their arguments are more relevant because they push him to develop even more as a character. I never got this impression from his silly arguing with Misty), but other times Ash ignores him (which would've been unimaginable had this been back in the Kanto-days) and even sometimes has to tell Dawn to just ignore the guy.

It wouldn't make sense to discard his character development just to continue those pointless arguments. The arguments have served their purpose, so let's move on.

pokemon fan 132 said:
Oh, that's bullshit, my dear.
At the bolded part: That's a petty argument just to make your opinion seem right. That would be same as if I'd say "DP is the funniest saga. Only those who are completely biased with the Original Series would claim otherwise".

DP is just as funny as AG and the Original Series. It's not the same sort of funny perhaps, but it's still extremely amusing.

I think the people who believe they argued all the time are going by faded nostalgia, try rewatching those older episodes and you'll be surprised how rare it was to see an Ash/Misty fight after Kanto.

It isnt so much about arguing but other elements too with chemistry being present between Misty and Ash,liking to provoke each other,all that witty remarks etc.
People probabl missed that kind of interaction which these two had,liking it more than current dynamic which current group has.

DP is just as funny as AG and the Original Series. It's not the same sort of funny perhaps, but it's still extremely amusing.

I already rephrased what i meant to say.I never denied how DP has comedy with TR,sometimes from interaction with main group,Croagunk etc,but compared to original series i feel comedy aspect has been toned down.There isnt present slapstick humor anymore,arguing between protagonists rarely happens compared to days when Ash and Misty used to bicker each other,there is overall less joking and humor elements,aswell less stupidity coming from certain characters(like Ash).I have watched every episode of this show,and compared to Kanto days its noticeable how while show has progressed in terms of storyline nd plot,comedy aspect seems to be reduced abit.

Fair enough if that's what you believe but personally I agree with 'Pokemon Fan'. The comedic elements were once the driving force as to what made the show. I know people enjoyed the battles but when I watched it with friends it was about the comedy value, that so many other cartoons don't have. I'm not saying that DP fail at funny, they just don't seem to try at it anymore, with a couple of exceptions as others have said. Misty was a huge part of what made the show funny, as well as Ash who played off each other so well. Aside from that Ash was just very funny PERIOD. Now he's so damn straight forward and serious, it goes to prove how the comedy has to have dramatically subsided.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom