• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Do you miss Ash and Misty's arguments?

Do You Miss Ash and Misty's Arguments?

• Hell Yes

Votes: 60 48.0%
  • Hell No

Votes: 19 15.2%
  • I didn't care for them

Votes: 22 17.6%
  • Another Misty thread, r u serious(Scott, Gible post here)

Votes: 24 19.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
It threads like these that makes me believe they will fight again when Misty returns. Seeing Ash fight with Angie and Dawn makes me want them to fight again. I think the writers still have a weak spot for pokeshipping especially their bickering.

I want to hear Kasumi say "Satoshi" in her arger tone just one last time. Because NO girl can say it like Kasumi can. And that's that.

I'm the proud suicidal pokeshipper and I am ready for whatever happens, and I have a feeling Pokemon will be proving people here wrong (aka Scott and anti-misty fans).

Last edited:
Sigh?. The fact Is OP you know what answers you are going to get from who. The Pokeshippers like the poster above me will say yes, the Advance/Pearl shippers will say no and the ones who don't care for shipping (or simply don't care) will be indifferent.

Putting It In lamest terms If Misty was dead you would get these answers. Why? The Inability to move on.

BOT: Coming from a neutral shipper I don't care. I learned to ignore them like I ignore Meowth's Giovanni daydreams. They ignite a occasional chuckle but everything gets old at some point.

Sigh?. The fact Is OP you know what answers you are going to get from who. The Pokeshippers like the poster above me will say yes, the Advance/Pearl shippers will say no and the ones who don't care for shipping (or simply don't care) will be indifferent.

Putting It In lamest terms If Misty was dead you would get these answers. Why? The Inability to move on.

BOT: Coming from a neutral shipper I don't care. I learned to ignore them like I ignore Meowth's Giovanni daydreams. They ignite a occasional chuckle but everything gets old at some point.

If Misty was dead, I would be dead I think I cover that fact along time ago. I've been holding on to pokeshipping for offically a decade now (Today is the day I became a pokeshipper yes I'm that obsessed that I know the anniversary lol)

Everyone can said what they want, but I'm just saying Ash and Misty will argue again, for at least old times sake.

Till then I will return to say "I told you so"

Peace out~

Last edited:
While I do miss the bickering it would have probably gotten quite old if they still did it.

This. Just this. While I love the arguments between those two and miss them, just like any other long running thing, it would get old eventually.

Of course i miss,good old bickering Ash and Misty use to have,that was one of reasons why older seasons were so good and those two always had the best chemistry compared to other girls in my opinion.Its been so long(years) since last time we had such arguing being provided so of course i miss it,actually i miss Misty who is great character,her pokemon etc.

Its quite simple what kind of answers here will be provided by people.Those who dont care bout said character and her becoming one of best(achieving her goal,which is in travelling again),dont miss her not wanting her back.Other group which cares,wants her back,while third side is neutral.

While I do miss the bickering it would have probably gotten quite old if they still did it. Probably one of the reasons why Kasumi's character toned down in Johto.

Well it toned down in that sense,but it flourished in other ways.
But i agree,arguing needed to be reduced to avoid undesired side effect of becoming "too old".Though,their is still present bickering from times to times,with Mistyteasing Ash like cameos showed but its not so agrrresive,whil arguing happens rarely.

Last edited:
R U SRS.

No, I don't actually. I mean, if Ash and Misty started to fight over who gets the last bottle of water, i'll facepalm so hard. Hoenn and Sinnoh started to focus on how mature Ash was getting..I don't want that to break. Little, 10 yr old arguments aren't what I watch the anime for :)

No.
I found their constant bickering to be annoying and fruitless. It seemed to be the only thing Misty ever did in the original series aside from interfering with Brock's love life.

I don't care too much really because we've seen Satoshi have petty arguements with other characters.

Nope. It was what it was way back when, but the funniness ran its natural course. The silly little arguments that kids have are amusing enough, sure, but I can't say I miss them. I don't sit around thinking, 'oh gee, this show would be so much better if Ash argued like a grumpy little kid every single episode.'

I do. Conflict is the essence of comedy, and that seems to be something they've delegated to the Pokemon cast members these days.

Come to think of it, is there any comical conflict between protagonists anymore? I guess there's Barry, winding up Ash on occassion, but I can't remember anyone else off the top of my head.

Come to think of it, is there any comical conflict between protagonists anymore? I guess there's Barry, winding up Ash on occassion, but I can't remember anyone else off the top of my head.

If you're generous enough to call Team Rocket protagonists (and it IS a blurry line), but if you're just talking humans, then no. Brock and Croagunk, Pikachu and Piplup... that's about it.

It's mildly perturbing that, despite periodic assertions that they are brothers in spirit, Ash and Brock do NOT have a brotherly relationship, and it'd be nice if they did, because that is the epitome of a love/hate relationship.

Hell yes!!!! :(! I miss them so much :(! It's not because I'm a Pokeshipper. That arguments were a really comical part of the show. They made me laugh a lot xDU The show needs more fun like that :(!. Besides Misty put Ash's feet on the ground when that was necessary, A few years ago Ash's ego was almost rising the sky xDU In my opinion, If he hadn't been yelled and isulted by Misty when he deserved it he would continue being a little boy inmature and bad loser like he was at first of the series :3 That arguments have developed Ash's personality becoming him in a more mature boy =D.
Furthermore, I thnk that arguments show the humanest side of Ash, they show how Ash was a normal guy, who worries about boy's stuff too, apart from pokemon and training :3 When he argued with Misty, they argued about whatever thing, That way, Ash showed that he can be a little boy too, That make the character closer to the audience and that because a lot of people like Kanto Ash the most :3 Now, when Ash argues with someone is because of Pokemon, training, atacks or something like that :(! That somthing special which appeared when he argued with Misty has been desappeared completly :( It doesn't feel the same, it Just feel Ash being Mr perfect again :(!

Yeah! Of course yes! As a pokeshipper or not, I will say yes! That was making show funnier than now. And we had quite interesting interactions. The show would be much boring without Misty and those arguments (like it's now). Ash was more impulsive then, which was making the show more dynamic and better.

Why can't people just let go of the past?

Right, so you never discuss things you liked about you're childhood then?

You can let go of the past, without completely forgetting it happened you know.

Anyway to answer your question. Absolutely! PokeShipper or not, some characters are just great to watch because of their relationships with each other. For example, I also miss witnessing May and Max's relationship. Now the characters bonds have gotten really stale and generic which is such a shame. We need Misty to cameo to inject some life into the group!

Keeping your head in the past does not help your current state in the future. I was never into Pokemon when the fad was going on (although my brother was) and I have many unpleasant childhood memories that I wish to keep sealed (mostly to do with school and friends).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom