• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Do you mostly use your Switch docked or Handheld?

Do use your Switch docked or Handheld?

• Docked

Votes: 21 33.9%
  • Handheld

Votes: 41 66.1%

• Total voters
I used to only play in handheld mode as that's just what I was used to. That, and the only TV was in the living room. I would play my mom's switch docked in the living room since that's where our Animal Crossing island was, but not my own.

But last month my dad gave me his old monitor to hook the Switch up to in my room. I have not taken it off the dock since, haven't even played Legends in handheld once. I did get an extra Switch charger in case I ever wanted to play it handheld again, but so far I haven't.

I specifically bought a regular Switch so I could play it docked, even though it was more expensive, but ironically enough I don't use it docked that often (even though I have a tv and can whenever I want to). It's just easier to play it handheld, especially when I'm multitasking or away from home. When I bought PLA, I told myself I was going to play it exclusively docked, but within like 2 days I was already back to handheld...

I guess it's just a habit I need to break. When Kirby and the Forgotten Land comes out in March I do intend to go back to docked.

I knew from the very beginning that I would have used a Switch in handheld mode in the huge majority of cases, so I just squared the circle and got that purely handheld Switch Lite. Why pay extra for a docked feature which I'd basically never use?

While docked is great for intense gaming and friends, you can literally play the handheld anywhere. At my laziest, I sometimes watch TV whilst I use my switch in handheld.

I have a Switch Lite so it's handheld all the time.
Actually, I usually play with an external controller and a stand--my preferred way of playing.

I personally prefer handheld (I had a Wii u before so it was coming from a weird place) but i sometimes have to play docked simply because of couch co op and my joycons being the bane of my existence (sometimes they decide to randomly disconnect from handheld or they decide I have to “play with the joycons detached”. I just wanna play animal crossing let me be)

i don't have a tv in my dorm, so i exclusively play handheld now (although i rarely play games at all atm). back at home, i also mostly played handheld because i didn't want to have to put my glasses on to see & also worried about ruining the battery with it charging nonstop (and it's also just the most comfortable for me), but i did play it docked on occasion, usually if i wanted my brother or dad to watch me do something, or if my switch needed to charge anyway.

Honestly it's 50/50 for me, it depends on the day or how I'm feeling, but I'm good either way.

I exclusively play my Switch in handheld mode, only time I even hooked it up to the TV was so I could show it works to my grandpa lol. I just keep the dock in the box.

The fact that my living room TV is a CRT from 1995 has nothing to do with this decision, even if I had my 4K TV set up, I'd still play it in handheld mode just cause I got the OLED model, the improved screen in handheld mode is kind of the point.

Back
Top Bottom