• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Do you name your boxes?

Reaction score
Pronouns
  1. She/Her
I usually stick with the default, but for boxes with shiny mons I often rename them to "Shinies" so I can find them easily! Are you someone who labels your boxes consistently, or maybe only in certain cases like me? Or do you not rename them at all?

I’m the inverse of @Greninjaman when it comes to naming boxes. I have a VIP box, a Synchronize box, and any non-special boxes become “Volume #.”

i don't name any of my boxes but the shiny ones. and even then those are named in the most boring way possible. "shiny box 1/2/3/4 (depending on how many of them i have to make", etc.

i could come up with more creative and original names, but that requires time and effort and that's two things better spent elsewhere. xD;

At the start of a new game I don't care about it but as soon as I find myself spending more time in trying to find a certain Pkmn, then I start organize them by type and naming according to a habitat, like Forest and Woods for Grass, River and Ocean for Water or in some cases just what I find that matches like Venom or Toxic to Poison type. The legendaries and shinies as well as any other Pkmn that I find rare or unique (in-game trades, teams from other games) I put them in a box named "Vault". I also used to have a box just for Unown with their name but when recently playing the games, I decided that since I was never going to use them, the box could store other Pkmn, I just released them and changed the box. Last but not least, when breeding and storing my experiments, I put them in boxes called "Lab" and then a number.

I separate my boxes in each game, the first box or two are typically non-Legendaries I either used in my playthrough then optimized for competitive play afterwards, or are Pokemon I transferred up from past games or caught in the post-game, generally with the same purpose. These boxes I name "Teams". The next two boxes were named "Legend" or "Legends" in the old games when "Legendaries" didn't fit, but now I use that name. These are all the Legendaries and even Mythicals obtained in my OT, because the next box or two after the Legendaries boxes are "Events", these are ALL Pokemon, but mostly Legendaries and Mythicals, obtained in events, so they do not have my OT. After these I'll typically have a breeding box with all my necessarily utility Pokemon, like one with Magma Armor, a Japanese 6IV Ditto for the Masuda Method, and past breeding parents or leftover offspring I might use at a later time. All of my miscellaneous Pokemon caught solely to fill the Dex stay in the default boxes that I don't rename. When a new game is announced, I typically rename the last Box in the list (so, one left from Box 1), to "Transfer ___" and the game's name. This is where I'll stuff Pokemon that I fully intend to transfer to the next game when it comes out.

Sometimes I may label seperate boxes for Shiny Pokemon, Legendaries/Mythicals, and competitive Pokemon, but that's not a trend that I always stick with.

I always name at least a few boxes, for organization purposes. In SwSh, I have stuff like a Shiny box, Foreign Pokemon boxes, an Alcremie Forms box, High IVs box, competitively trained/ready box (even though I rarely do competitive battling), a Need-to-Evolve box, a giveaway/wondertrade box, a Breeding box or two, a [transferred from game] box (like all Pokemon from RBY virtual console, LGPE, etc.), and Current Team Rotation box. More or less, something like that. And then a small handful of boxes that are unnamed, and thus unorganized.

I don't usually, but I do usually make a 'Legends' box and a 'Shinies' box. Self explanatory.

I usually don't, except for boxes dedicated to Pokémon for wonder trade, collections (like Unown or Eeveelutions), or my dead Pokémon in Nuzlockes (I call the box "Lavender").

Typically only the box where dead Pokémon go in Nuzlockes to something fitting for the type of box it is (like "Graveyard," for instance).

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom