• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Do you nickname your Pokémon?

Do you nickname your Pokémon?

• Total voters

pkmn Trainer Zach

Reaction score
I usually never nickname mine, simply because I don't know what in the heck to name them!

Nicknames (and names in general) fascinate me. I'd like to give my Pokémon clever and signature nicknames, but I'm having trouble with finding the right ones...And I can't decide at all what I want to name my Espeon, who I REALLY want to have a nickname.

Anyway, vote, post, and possibly even discuss why you named your Pokémon what you did! Maybe I could even decide on some names of my own!

Thanks!

Same here. My team always gets nicknames and I occasionally give nicknames to Pokémon that I know will stay in the box.

Just my main team. Naming ALL of my pokemon would become super hectic. I lost count how many I have total between all Ruby-Generation games...

I don't nickname my Pokemon because I don't see how that helps me. I am too lazy to nickname my Pokemon, but I don't want to, anyway.

I remember when Ruby and Sapphire first came out, one of my friends I battled with a team of Pokémon named "UR MOM!". It was humorous, as every time he switched, it would say "AMIR withdrew UR MOM!! AMIR sent out UR MOM!! UR MOM! used EARTHQUAKE!..."etc. I remember he also had an Aggron (named "UR MOM!") he used against me that he caught with a Dive Ball...

I don't nickname pokemon. I just never felt the need to. The closest I got was the one time I messed with an in-store pokemon game, naming a Rattata Ratfink. In my fic, I had one trainer that nicknamed half of her team of Fire pokemon. Wildfire the Rapidash, Obsidian the shiny Camerupt, and Phoebe, a female Charizard.

See my sig. I name those I know I will use, those which I have a goofy name for, and sometimes just to name them something different.

I nickname some of them. I definitely name the ones I plan to use in my party. Others, I name them if I need them in my party for the time being though I plan to box them later, if they're going to mate, or if I just get the random feeling that I should name them.

I nickname all of them. The Pokemon I plan to train usually have good names... Well, I think they're good anyways. Then there's the Pokemon I never plan to use in battle, but I name them anyways. Those names are usually silly, like Puff Daddy, the Wigglytuff, or very simple such as Ms. Mime, the female Mr. Mime.

Last edited:
I nickname all my starters and also ledgendaries...My fav is my Torchic (Sparky). I know its lame but I love torchic!!!!

I only name the Pokemon in my team, though people say they're weird names and shouldn't be changed. >_>;

I nickname some of them. Like I have a paras named "France" and a pikachu named "Chuie", and a ditto named "Duplica".

Sure i have nicknames on mine. I have 6 Gardevoirs with these Nicknames:
Stacee (fave pokemon of course XD )
Serena
Serenity
Gardy
Sabrina
Sunshine

XD

My starters are ALWAYS nicknamed and so are my Snorlax. I've named my Snorlaxes the same thing since the original R/B/Y, "Bedhog".

I gave my whole team in Emerald a nick, usually their name shortened with an -a, or -y sound at the end, (in true Aussie fashion), so combozzo, minna, gardy, wingy etc.

Liam

Please note: The thread is from 18 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom