• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Do you plan out your team?

I normally plan out the starter and maybe the next two Pokemon. After that, I just look to see what is on the next route I am visiting and go from there.

:p lol, i'd have to say Yes, i sit there on the computer for hours just planning out who i will use this time, what pokemon is strongest, i usually ignore shinys till the very end T-T........ but then........ i found my first ever shiny, caught it...... and i didn't save as my Ds ran out of power.....

I'm one of the few who does plan out my entire team - I will usually breed them then transfer them over to my new team and start playing with them at their lowest possible level. This is the main reason I never use legendaries.

I usually have some idea of what types I want on my team, but apart from that I don't plan.

I usually do some planning, especially with brand new games with a load of new Pokémon, but I can't say I religiously follow my plans either. With Y I kinda knew already some of the pokémon I definitely wanted in my team (Swirlix, Honedge and Chespin), but for example I hadn't planned using Bergmite in my team, which eventually became a member after all. Usually I have a few pokémon in mind, whose designs I like and end up getting them in my team. However, in White I planned right from the start to use Trubbish, but after catching one and using it for a while, I dumbed in my PC and ended up getting something else. I remember my plans for the White teams was to use Serperior, Galvantula, Garbodor, Seismitoad, Chandelure and Leavanny, but my team ended up consisting of Chandelure, Leavanny, Jellicent, Crustle, Escavalier and Zweilous - so yeah, my plans don't always mean a thing :p.

I really enjoy the planning before games are released, it's also a way to keep myself hyped of the new generation to plan out different options and wonder what kinda Pokémon this new creature will be. I've noticed I do it much less in remakes. I think I didn't have absolutely any plans for my AlphaSapphire team save from getting a Treecko as my starter.

I usually come up with a base plan for what I want but often things change when I pick up the game. I wanted Heliolisk, Sylveon and Aegislash during my X play through but I didn't know how to use pokemon amie and super training so I ended up with a much different team in the end.

Yes! I've been doing that since generation 4 (kinda). Generation 4 kind of relied a bit too much on my Swampert, but since Generation 5 I have planned out my teams with no help from the previous generation or overly high leveled Pokemon.
I already have my team planned out for a third installment/sequel of Kalos, the Pokemon are sitting in a box in Pokemon X.
Though team making is fairly easier for remakes, I also pick and choose as Pokemon are being revealed for a generation. I usually try to go by typing and Pokemon I really like. I usually go for balance, but Dedenne and the Flabebe line won me over and I used both on my team, their different move sets were enough to make me go "okay, why not?". Now even if I come across more than 6 pokemon that I like it's not too much of a dilemma; I'll just catch them and use them on a post game team.

I used to plan out my teams, right down to nature or ability, but now I find that I have more fun going in blind, and using temporary team members to be dumped later on. Even then, I still end up making plans by accident.

Until now, I have not planned my team. Here is my new team (Plan) for my Alpha Sapphire game.
Starter Advantage:
I have choose Mudkip. Thus I will need a Grass and Fire type to gain a much needed advantage. My fire type will be Numel/Camerupt and my Grass type will be Shroomish/Breloom.
Normal Power House:
Because of it's only weakness of fighting, this will hold on to the longest battles. This Normal type is Zigzagoon/Linoone.
Latias:
Guess.
The Last One Standing:
Who is my Last one? Who can fill the shoes of my Last Resort? It is a Steel type, that is Resistant to nearly everything. It is Aron/Lairon/Aggron. Just image in your head, You are in a battle, things are running smoothly for you. BAM! The Steel Type Dominates your team.

I plan out the starter, and then make up the rest of the team as I go. I just try to avoid:
  • Using Pokemon that I've used before
  • Having multiple Pokemon of the same type
  • Having more than two Pokemon share a weakness
After I beat the game, I'm okay with using anything on my team.

I already have my team already plan out ahead of time. I always google the perks of game first before I buy them

Please note: The thread is from 9 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom