• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Do you plant berries?

Do you plant berries?

• Yes, frequently.

Votes: 18 24.7%
  • No, never.

Votes: 10 13.7%
  • Sometimes, depending on the game

Votes: 27 37.0%
  • Sometimes I do, sometimes I don't.

Votes: 18 24.7%

• Total voters

manathief

I was Lawnmowergirl
Reaction score
I never do in Sapphire or Ruby or Pearl or SoulSilver, but I always do in Platinum, and make frequent use of the Berry Checker app. I have more than 100 of many of the berries at this point. I always plant whatever I have the least of.

Anyone else plant or not plant berries?

I only plant berries in HGSS. The Berry Pots were an amazing idea.

I think I planted so many berries in Platinum. It was getting addicting. In HG I didn't really plant anything. Without the berry patches, I kinda forgot we could plant them. I think in RSE, I just planted if I needed more berries. In other words, average planter.

Berry pots were the best idea ever in the universe. Just make a collapsible berry field where I can plant 50 berries and I'll be truly happy.

I don't, I don't see any point in it. (I do know what they do, but I don't care as I never use them)

A lot in RSE. I mostly planted Sitrus berries, but when I used to breed Feebas for my friends, I would plant beauty pokeblock making berries to evolve Feebas for them.

I think it was the new variety of berries and the convenience of the Berry Checker app that got me into planting berries in fourth gen, but it feels like a waste of time in any game other than Platinum, because I got used to constantly restarting in all my other games (but I've kept my first Platinum file and have over 700 hours logged). I haven't been bothering the last few days, though, because of school, and since I've been playing other games.

In Pearl I would plant berries if the amount of one was getting low, and I especially liked the Berry Checker App because you could just see if you had any berries instantly. Other than that though, I don't do it much. In Soul Silver, I just forget about the berries. I never did it in the 3rd Gen.

I've only used berries in case of emergency so I don't need to plant them and I never do. :p

I usually plant enough berries so that I have 10-15 of all the rarer types (and usually much more of the more common ones), and then stop until I actually decide I need some more of one particular type.

Last edited:
I always plant them in HG and never in Platinum.
I find Berry Pots much more convenient.

I don't anymore because I always forget them and then they die...

When I first got Pearl, I was a berry-fanactic and planted them everywhere. But then I grew bored of Pearl as a game and became to lazy too get and plant the berries :p

I don't in HeartGold... because of AR cheats...

I started to again in Sapphire, but somehow I can't survive without that berry-finder app. :p So I picked them all and left it at that.

in platinum i only plant them in the 4 plots near your resort house thingy (otherwise i forget to water & pick them)

The Berry Pots were an amazing idea.

agreed big time - i hope they keep them in BW

I only plant berries if i need some money, or medicine if i can't afford much.

I do plant Berries and take care of them, especially in HeartGold and SoulSilver. The Berry Pots and Damp Mulch helped a lot! (I didn't do it at Gen III)

Please note: The thread is from 14 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom