• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Do you plant berries?

Do you plant berries?

• Yes, frequently.

Votes: 18 24.7%
  • No, never.

Votes: 10 13.7%
  • Sometimes, depending on the game

Votes: 27 37.0%
  • Sometimes I do, sometimes I don't.

Votes: 18 24.7%

• Total voters
I plant berries all the time in RSE. It seemed pointless to me to do so in FRLF, I never used them in those games.
I didn't got used to planting berries in Gen IV, so I stoped doing it.

I mostly plant Leppa Berries because they help me a lot in chaining. And other kinds if necessary. I do it in Platinum because I always forget about the Berry Planter in SoulSilver. ^^;

Last edited:
No. I never thought that I would take the time to plant the berries, then need to consistently check up on them in real-time. Back when HGSS came out and I was spending a few hours a day on it, I used the Berry Pots to grow my own medicinal berries, but I haven't kept up on it since.

I plant in Platinum and HeartGold. The Berry Pots are way more convinient.

I had a bad addiction to berry planting in my Sapphire game due to having no life, and would check back to water and harvest them every few hours. I built up huge collections of nearly every berry.

Then my Sapphire game got hit by the berry glitch. I never seemed to find an opportunity to fix it, so my berry trees are currently locked eternally in an intermediate stage of growth.

I planted berries sometimes in my Diamond game, mostly Leppa and the ones that remove EVs for use in EV training old Pokémon. But I just haven't bothered in my HG game. The berry pots are a great idea and all, but I just don't have the time anymore to be interested in constantly turning my game on and off.

only in my in platinum, and only in the battle islands which are practically the only place i go to these days.

Once i needed to make dry poffins for my feebas to evolve and then enter the beauty contest but that's about the only time.

i only really ever did in Emerald, having a whole grove at the Berry Master's House n' all was verrrrry convenient. But i have since grown bored of it since there are many days where i don't touch my DS at all.

I only tried it a couple of times in HG, but i keep forgetting about them, like, just now, i only just remembered that i had planted an Enigma Berry in a pot, i hope it didn't die cuz it was the only one i had D:>

and i never even bothered to plant any in Platinum, cuz i dont really ever use berries.

I need lots of leppa berries to get through the Elite 4 and caves.
I need the EV-reducing berries too.

4 spaces to grow in HGSS is not enough. It takes ages to grow the EV-reducing berries and I am not always available to turn on my DS to water them, so quite often I just get 2. In DPPt there were lots of patches to grow so you could grow a berry of your choice exponentially for a while.

It sucks that BW won't have the feature. I plant berries all the time.

Really! How will I reallocate EVs then? I hope there is an alternative way.

I'm probably an average grower. I only do it when I need to. It's not particularly fun since it isn't always easy to return to your DS at the right time to water.

I grow a lot of EV reducing berries, but I also grow some of the rare pinch berries (Mostly so I could trade them), and also useful berries like Lum, Leppa and Wiki (Feebas).

As Sketch said earlier, I only plant berries in SoulSilver, due to the Berry Pots.

Really! How will I reallocate EVs then? I hope there is an alternative way.

Actually, you can plant berries, but only in the Dream World.
The games themselves won't have any berry patches and probably nobody that will give you berries. You'll have to get them from the Dream World when you call your Pokémon back.

Only in HG for my shop. I've never touched the berries in D/P/Pt.

Planted a lot of berries back when I carried my DS to the school this spring. I have at least 30 of each 4-day growth cycle berry and heaps of others too.

In SS, however, I have used the Berry Pots maybe... twice? Four planting spots just isn't enough for me, and without the Berry Map Pokétch app I never remember to pick the berries up.

Never do it because I think its a waste of time, that and I'm not exactly keen to strategies involving berries.

Please note: The thread is from 14 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom