• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Do you play Japanese-language video games?

Status
Not open for further replies.

S.S. Shadow Minun

is back for 2014
Reaction score
Here'ya all, I'm back here. Do you play video games in Japanese-language? And, did you play Japan-exclusive video games that are not released in Japanese?

For me, I had tried some Japanese language video games, and even played Japan-exclusive arcade games, although I'm not a Japanese. Some of them I played in Japanese were Wangan Midnight R (arcade game), Winning Eleven (Japanese version of Pro Evolution Soccer) and Tokyo Wars (also arcade game). Some Japanese-language games I have seen, but never played, are Taiko no Tatsujin, Super Robot Taisen and Drum Mania.

Do you all play video games in Japanese?

(The meaning of the title also covers Japan-exclusive video games and Japanese language video games. The former one is to meant those games whose never released in other languages, while the latter one refers to the games which made in Japanese for Japanese consumers while releasing in other languages for different customers.)

Only Pokémon ones, but I usually play them in English because it's harder to get them in Japanese and they're all region-locked now.

Yeah, I have. I have a Super Famicom, so naturally the games would be in Japanese. lol

I have played Japanese Pokemon games. With the DS, no region lock.

I have played Mother 3.

For a while, I played MOTHER 2 in Japanese (not much, only twice, on MOTHER 1+2 and the Super Famicom version).

I'm a big rhythm game fan so I've played several games in Japanese and own several imports as well. Pop'n music being most notable as I'm a huge fan of that, though I'd say Ouendan is my most favorite rhythm game of all time. I do have a few others that aren't rhythm games though, but they are much harder to play due to having much more text and in Japanese.

Of course, since I do own a Japanese PS2. Favourite games on that baby are Bleach Blade Battlers 2nd, School Days LxH, Katamari Damashii, and Pop'n Music 10.

For my PSP, I currently only have Uta no Prince-sama: Repeat, but I do plan on getting many more games for that system.

Honestly, the closest I've ever come to playing a game in Japanese was switching the language in Super Smash Bros. Melee from English to Japanese. Other than that, no, I don't.

I switched both Sonic Adventures to Japanese audio, plus an old Yu-Gi-Oh game on my GBA (Stairway to the Destined Duel, at least, comes in six languages)
Otherwise, I've never played any untranslated, imported games

I have Japanese versions of Pokemon HeartGold and Black. I bought them out of impatience in waiting for the games to come stateside. Nowadays, I see them as a fun way to get the Japanese language to stick in my head a little better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom