• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Do you play with the pokemon you like best, or with the strongest?

I always end up using Pokemon I like, but mostly unevolved Pokemon. Oh, and a Turtwig has to be in every team possible.

So yeah, I really don't care about using strong Pokemon. :p

The only time I use "the most strongest Pokémon" is when I do competitive battling on Pokémon Online. Otherwise when I'm playing the games, I always use the Pokémon I like the best. Usually my end-game team is a Gengar, Alakazam, my grass starter, a Pokémon that knows fly, and two other miscellaneous ones that serve as "my current favorites".

I play using both. The strongest ones are usually the ones I like best anyway^^

When my game is at it's peek I usually use the legendaries that I cought to win the elite four.
Ordinary pokemon get their buts kicked. But if you have those like Lugia, Palkia, and Giratina
in front of elite four, Palkia really kicks but and so does Dialga. My infernape got the crap
knocked out of him on Platinum until I cought Palkia and Dialga. Giratina didn't do so good
either.
judy tooley

I choose stronger pokemon by and large, and then I grow to like those pokemon as my favorites... so I guess a bit of both.

The ones I like best. I don't play wi-fi matches or the like, and in-game, anything can be made strong enough to get by. So why pick only the strongest unless I like them too?

The ones I like.

Example: Even though Darmantian has better stats by far, I still use fire monkey since he has grown on me.

I play with my favorites. I also don't play competitively so there's no reason not to play with the Pokemon I like the best. That being said, every once in a while I'll pick up a Pokemon I don't really like and raise it since I feel like it rounds out my team. Then I end up really liking it a lot and it ends up becoming one of my favorite Pokemon. This happened to me with Froslass, Togekiss, Exeggutor and Camerupt.

I like best. I couldn't care about the pokemon's strength or technicalities anymore. I rarely do wifi battles now.
Plus it's more fun playing under used or never used pokemons like Stantler, Victreebell, etc.

Considering my main team was Camerupt/Armaldo/Glalie/Chimecho/Milotic/Kecleon, I have to say it's the pokemon I like best. I know that Chimecho is considered weak and Milotic is considered strong, but I love them equally. Except when Milotic stalled out that other Milotic one time, I loved her the most of all...

I usually plan my team in advance for pokemon that I like and then I catch/reset until i get one with a good nature...

Back when I first started playing I used only my favorite Pokemon.

But in Gen IV I started to get into EV training and competitive battling so I started using the strongest.

But sometimes I like to add in one of my favorites to my teams for fun =D.

Same here - I love to use favorites LOL My favorite team as in Gen IV has Lopunny, Rampardos, and Gardevoir - my special favorites (especially Rampardos - you just gotta love his attacks LOL)

"Strong Pokémon. Weak Pokémon. That is only the selfish perception of people. Truly skilled Trainers should try to win with the Pokémon they love best. I like your style. You understand what's important."
―Karen, Johto Elite Four member

with that being said, I play with the Pokémon that I love best. My pokémon are my friends, not mindless robots that need to be tuned up.

Considering the fact that I had a Beedrill on my team in Fire Red, I would have to say I use my favorites.

Always with the ones I like best. Sometimes they don't turn out to be the best fighters but it's not that difficult to complete the league with any Pokemon so long as it's at a high enough level.

I normally use a mixture of both, but I did kind of give up on my cute little Togepi. Luckily I like Dragon-types, so I always have a strong dragon on my team.

same as Shayminrules, I use a Pseudo legendary team and switch out the pseudos with Ononokus and Ulgamoth. so theres never a weak pokemon on my team. But i also like all my pokemon, Dragonite being my main and my favorite non-legendary pokemon.

Please note: The thread is from 13 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom