• All members are allowed to express their opinions, no matter how unpopular, so long as they respect others and do not claim their opinion is the only valid opinion. While we understand that there is debate regarding Goh, someone posting an opinion you disagree with does not give you the right to attack them or report the content for trolling/baiting. This notice will serve as a 0-point warning and as such, Anime & Manga staff reserve the right to jump immediately to point warnings. For more information regarding our stance on arguments and debates, see this PSA.
  • If you are finding yourself unable to log in, you should be able to fix the issue by following the following process.
    1. Close all browser tabs with any part of Bulbagarden open.
    2. Delete all Bulbagarden.net cookies (and if possible, any cached site data for Bulbagarden) from your browser.
    3. Close and reopen your browser, open a new tab, and log into the forums on the new tab.
    If you've followed this process and are still having issues, please contact us via the "Contact us" link at the bottom of the forum.

Do you prefer 3 traveling companions or 4?

Do you like a group of 3 better or a group of 4?

• Group of 3

Votes: 4 66.7%
  • Group of 4

Votes: 2 33.3%

• Total voters
Reaction score
Ash always travels with at least 2 other companions, Misty and Brock, Dawn and Brock, and now Iris and Cilan. AG gave us 4 companions with the addition of Max, and I think that the group worked a little better with 4. While Ash and May were off training or doing their own thing, Brock and Max had each other to keep them company. I think that a group of 4 adds more chemistry since all of the characters can interact in some way and it doesn't feel like anyone's left on the sidelines. Even in DP they experimented a bit by adding Barry and other characters to the group for a few episodes. Then in BW we had Bianca and N around for a new episodes.

リーリエの為に戦ってるトレーナー
Reaction score
It doesn't matter to me. A good writer should know how to handle any number of characters in a group and should know whether or not it's too little or too much to work with; being aware of that certain point of getting in over their head.

(Yeah, I know. Don't even start with it.)

NCIS Special Agent
Reaction score
Either's fine as long as nobody's superfluous.