• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Do you prefer 3 traveling companions or 4?

Do you like a group of 3 better or a group of 4?

• Group of 3

Votes: 4 66.7%
  • Group of 4

Votes: 2 33.3%

• Total voters

Cilan

Reaction score
Ash always travels with at least 2 other companions, Misty and Brock, Dawn and Brock, and now Iris and Cilan. AG gave us 4 companions with the addition of Max, and I think that the group worked a little better with 4. While Ash and May were off training or doing their own thing, Brock and Max had each other to keep them company. I think that a group of 4 adds more chemistry since all of the characters can interact in some way and it doesn't feel like anyone's left on the sidelines. Even in DP they experimented a bit by adding Barry and other characters to the group for a few episodes. Then in BW we had Bianca and N around for a new episodes.

It doesn't matter to me. A good writer should know how to handle any number of characters in a group and should know whether or not it's too little or too much to work with; being aware of that certain point of getting in over their head.

(Yeah, I know. Don't even start with it.)

Either's fine as long as nobody's superfluous.

Back
Top Bottom