• Hey guys! Have you heard? We now have popup
    Yes, Popups!
    messages for your forum posts. Learn more about it here!
  • To keep up with the hype driven by Sword and Shield's release, we are taking applications for new moderators in our Current Events: Sword and Shield as well as Anime and Manga sections.

For more information, see this thread.We hope you all consider joining our team!
  • We hope you're enjoying Sword and Shield so far! So that everyone can enjoy it and not be spoiled, please keep the all story spoilers and any images from the games in the appropriate sections or in spoiler tags until January 3rd.

Since spoiler tags are not allowed in signatures, please do not put images from the games in your signature either. You can list the names of new Pokémon if you want to list your team in your signature.

Do you prefer 3 traveling companions or 4?

Do you like a group of 3 better or a group of 4?

• Group of 3

Votes: 4 66.7%
  • Group of 4

Votes: 2 33.3%

• Total voters
Reaction score
Ash always travels with at least 2 other companions, Misty and Brock, Dawn and Brock, and now Iris and Cilan. AG gave us 4 companions with the addition of Max, and I think that the group worked a little better with 4. While Ash and May were off training or doing their own thing, Brock and Max had each other to keep them company. I think that a group of 4 adds more chemistry since all of the characters can interact in some way and it doesn't feel like anyone's left on the sidelines. Even in DP they experimented a bit by adding Barry and other characters to the group for a few episodes. Then in BW we had Bianca and N around for a new episodes.

リーリエの為に戦ってるトレーナー
Reaction score
It doesn't matter to me. A good writer should know how to handle any number of characters in a group and should know whether or not it's too little or too much to work with; being aware of that certain point of getting in over their head.

(Yeah, I know. Don't even start with it.)

NCIS Special Agent
Reaction score
Either's fine as long as nobody's superfluous.