• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Do you prefer the less girly look of the new heroine?

Cybersai

Reaction score
A common complaint was that GameFreak was gradually heading toward extremely girly character designs with underaged characters.

The new female character looks far less girly than Dawn, Lyra and even Leaf.

Is this a change to a more tomboyish looking heroine, complete with short shorts?

She still looks pretty damn girly. It's going to take a lot more than shorts (comfy and easy to wear as they are) and boots to prove otherwise.

It depends. I didn't care when GF was making the girls more girly. The design is what matters to me.

Dawn's design was my favorite, but White is just...so...AWESOME.

So I don't know anymore...

I don't particularly care either way as the only time that I played as the female character was in Sapphire and that was because I hated Brendan.

I do like how past heroines have looked, and I like this one. I wasn't expect short-shorts on this one, but it's all good. My least favorites in heroine designs is probably Crystal and Lyra.

This girl is absolutley AWESOME. I like that she's not Dawn-girly, but still girly enough to not be Misty.

She IS a tomboyish mermaid, after all.

Daisy Dukes and enough hairspray to blow a hole in the ozone layer isn't girly? That sounds pretty girly to me, and I totally approve.

She's girly, shorts =/= not girly. Color scheme and the outfit itself is aiming towards the girly side of things.

But for me, I don't like her. But not because she looks girly or not, but because I don't like her design in general.

Girly? Quite. But she isn't quite cutesy loli moe like the other girls, which is a step up from ol' miniskirt Dawn. Not that I disliked Dawn, but...well, you know~

And I'm digging the shorts. She looks like an honest to goodness adventure girl.

Spiffy fan art (Spoilered for BIGNESS)

wufo06.jpg

I think the new design looks great. However, i would love to see a feature where we can pick the clothes of our character, picking from 3 or four shirts and pants, and then being able to change colors. I don't know much about programing, but I think it would be a good move to include a dress-up feature.

According to CoroCoro, she's apparently older than previous Pokemon Protagonists. And that was totally unintentional.

w00t, no berets in this Generation!

Lucas had one in DPPt and Lyra had one in HGSS.

^_^

the difference is that she is TEEN girly and not 10 year old princess girly.

I for one love her design ^.^ ponytails FTW! I'm picking her ( the guy protagonists are all too generic)

the difference is that she is TEEN girly and not 10 year old princess girly.

I for one love her design ^.^ ponytails FTW! I'm picking her ( the guy protagonists are all too generic)
This. The only guy that really looked unique to me was Brendan, with his hair looking hat. I like the girl's design because it's much more practical than what the other female heroes wore. Also, shorts! Shorts are awesome.

Please note: The thread is from 13 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom