• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Do you prefer the less girly look of the new heroine?

The taggy-things on her shorts look like Sky Forme Shaymin's ears. Lol.

They're not wings, just stylised cut off "fluff" like this:
true-religion-brand-jeans-keira-cutoff-denim-shorts-pale-oak-medium-wash.jpeg

Only much more exaggerated.

Yeah, with the new character, I think they are supposed to be the pockets coming out the bottom...

Also, I do like her hair, reminds me of Yoko from Gurren Lagann. Maybe minus the bangs.
fecaf12d.jpg

Lol, yeah I agree. I don't understand all the hate about her hair. Sure it's totally strange, but at the same time cool. Remember people weird is the new normal. :spin:
*looks at the 'Normal'-type Lickilicky* Good point.

I really like the Female PC this time ... she seems like she'll be a bit less ... silly as Dawn.

She should be pretty interesting. I hope that if you pick the Male PC she gets a role bigger than a bit part like in Sinnoh, or the annoyance in HGSS

^That's odd as it has worked for another user here when I offered to provide them with direct links.

It works for me also and I'm not currently logged in to my Pixiv account.

EDIT: It's to do with cookies so I was wrong. Sorry about that folks.
Anyway this is it in full, drawn by the user GULIM at Pixiv:

Last edited:
I love the design of the girl this generation. May was my favorite up until now, but the new one is just awesome.

White-chan (I don't care if I am not Japanese, this is her name because she is Japanese) looks like an actual action girl. Going back to my rants during HGSS, I said that the girls rarely looked like they were dressed to travel a region, experiencing adventure and danger. Kris and May did. But Kotone, Dawn, and Leaf didn't. Now we have White-chan dressed in something that looks more suitable for travel. Is it still fanservicy? Yes. But it's not an outfit that's going to get snagged by everything and it allows easy movement.

In short, I'm just glad she is not wearing a skirt.

Last edited:
I wonder what makes a skirt a bad choice for adventure. You also get leg cuts with shorts. Also, not every girl might get embarrassed if their underskirt is seen. Hell, how do we know if they have or don't have something else covering their panties? The upper wear isn't extremely elaborated or bound to get stuck or crap on any of the skirt-wearing girls, either.

Yes, Dawn wearing a miniskirt out in snowy areas is quite absurd, but so is anyone else wearing a pair of shorts, and hell, even Lucas wearing not much else than a pair of pants and underwear on his lower half. Not even that will fend off extreme cold caused by a ground covered by snow and a snowstorm. Where your legs are completely sunk in.

Get real. The only gear not well suited for adventure would be long dresses or an attire not suited for the Region's weather. Even then, all Regions have varying weather in various areas anyway. None of the girls wear a dress unless necessary (Dawn in Contests). I don't see how the Trainer quest and miniskirts don't mix. Are miniskirts uncomfortable or too bulky that they impede mobility? Really, the only problem I see is the pantyshots, and that's only when one assumes these girls don't cover up some more down there, or even care about their underwear being visible in convenient angles.

What makes Lyra's outfit worse than May's or Kris' for an adventure? By the way, short shorts have the same problem as Dawn's skirt, minus pantyshots.

Seriously, I fail to see how miniskirts irk people so much.

I love the design of the girl this generation. May was my favorite up until now, but the new one is just awesome.

Goddammit, I agree with everything you said.

I have a feeling this girl is going to wind up being my favorite. I just hope her anime personality is interesting and they don't make her too kiddish or tone her down.

The BW girl is going to rock.

I wonder what makes a skirt a bad choice for adventure. You also get leg cuts with shorts. Also, not every girl might get embarrassed if their underskirt is seen. Hell, how do we know if they have or don't have something else covering their panties? The upper wear isn't extremely elaborated or bound to get stuck or crap on any of the skirt-wearing girls, either.

Yes, Dawn wearing a miniskirt out in snowy areas is quite absurd, but so is anyone else wearing a pair of shorts, and hell, even Lucas wearing not much else than a pair of pants and underwear on his lower half. Not even that will fend off extreme cold caused by a ground covered by snow and a snowstorm. Where your legs are completely sunk in.

Get real. The only gear not well suited for adventure would be long dresses or an attire not suited for the Region's weather. Even then, all Regions have varying weather in various areas anyway. None of the girls wear a dress unless necessary (Dawn in Contests). I don't see how the Trainer quest and miniskirts don't mix. Are miniskirts uncomfortable or too bulky that they impede mobility? Really, the only problem I see is the pantyshots, and that's only when one assumes these girls don't cover up some more down there, or even care about their underwear being visible in convenient angles.

What makes Lyra's outfit worse than May's or Kris' for an adventure? By the way, short shorts have the same problem as Dawn's skirt, minus pantyshots.

Seriously, I fail to see how miniskirts irk people so much.

QFT.

Honestly, skirts = more mobility in most cases. The only cases of skirts being more restraining would be those tight-to-the-legs skirts, which none of the girls are wearing anyways. And hasn't anyone heard of these great things called skorts? I used to wear them all the time. Or even just wearing shorts under a skirt. It IS possible for all of them if they care about people seeing up their skirts.

I also don't get why White-chan wearing shorts is such a new thing everyone must point it out going "OMG SHE'S WEARING SHORTS, IT'S AMAZING". The last girl we had (Kotone/Lyra) wore what can be considered shorts. Shorts have been done an equal amount of times to skirts people, they're not something brand new. Haruka/May can count for both Skirts and Shorts, Hikari/Dawn and Leaf are in skirts, while Crystal and Kotone (if we count them separate) are in shorts. Which brings us to 3:3. Even if we count Kotone and Crystal as the same person, it's still a 3:2, which really isn't that unbalanced. >_>

Eh, maybe it's because when I think of adventuring women, I don't think of skirts. There isn't anything wrong with skirt, they just never screamed, "ADVENTURE" to me. Instead, they screamed, "SUNDAY SCHOOL!"

Eh, maybe it's because when I think of adventuring women, I don't think of skirts. There isn't anything wrong with skirt, they just never screamed, "ADVENTURE" to me. Instead, they screamed, "SUNDAY SCHOOL!"

Maybe I'm biased because I was the kind of girl who'd spit further than the boys and wore skorts, but skirts/skorts never said anything about being adventurous or not to me. >_> I mean, I see more girly girls in short-shorts these days than in skirts... sooooo... yeeeaaaaah. I'd say White-chan is more girly by that observation.

Heh, one of my best female friends wears jeans all the time and she can spit farther than me. I hope White-chan has Victoria's personality. That would make her epic. A mix of girly and tomboy.

^That's odd as it has worked for another user here when I offered to provide them with direct links.

It works for me also and I'm not currently logged in to my Pixiv account.

EDIT: It's to do with cookies so I was wrong. Sorry about that folks.
Anyway this is it in full, drawn by the user GULIM at Pixiv:

Those are some big...balls.

10754203_m.png

this image explains everything!

I actually really like this idea.

Please note: The thread is from 13 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom