• Please check out our recent thread on handling different opinions and toxic behavior here.
  • If you are finding yourself unable to log in, you should be able to fix the issue by following the following process.
    1. Close all browser tabs with any part of Bulbagarden open.
    2. Delete all Bulbagarden.net cookies (and if possible, any cached site data for Bulbagarden) from your browser.
    3. Close and reopen your browser, open a new tab, and log into the forums on the new tab.
    If you've followed this process and are still having issues, please contact us via the "Contact us" link at the bottom of the forum.

Anime Do you remember the first anime you watched?

Reaction score
The first I watched was Soul eater. I've been watching anime for about a year.

Last edited:
♡ scion of light ♡
Reaction score
Re: Do you remember the first anime ou watch?

Hmm... actually, being totally honest, I think it was Pokemon. I remember kids talking about it while I was in kindergarten or 1st grade, so I started watching it. And then I was hooked. I think I was also watching Sailor Moon and Cardcaptors at that time, so they are all what I consider my first anime series.

Always helping Fatima
Reaction score

Yes though they are probably 4 of the best one could ever find/own

Astro Boy
Kimba The White Lion
Robotech
Voltron

Fairy Queen
Reaction score

Sailor Moon. I didn't even realise it was a particular kind of cartoon style, per se, but I loved it.

shooting star
Reaction score

Well, Pokemon of course... Other than that, Sailor Moon, Cardcaptors, and Inuyasha.

oh wow, sports
Reaction score

It was either Sailor Moon or Pokemon. I can't remember which I saw first, but it was definitely one of those two.

rabbit heart
Reaction score

Um, it's been so long that I can't really remember that FIRST one I watched, but.... It was either, Sailor Moon, Pokemon, or Cardcaptors.... And one of my other firsts were Inuyasha and Tokyo Mew Mew...

Oh, and around that time I was also watching the original Fullmetal Alchemist.

Last edited:
Comfort ghost
Reaction score

I might have watched another Anime first, but Samurai Pizza Cats is the first show I watched that I knew was from Japan, thanks to its setting, and it was also the first I got really into. From what I remember, the dub was pretty damn hilarious, and I bet it would be even funnier if I watched it now. Well, aside from Polly Esther; I loved her back in 1997, but I'm sure she's the sort of character I'd despise nowadays.

Reaction score

Everybody talk about Sailor moon, but I don't know this anime, does someone could send me the opening or just a wallpaper?

mientes
Reaction score

DBZ, Sailor Moon, Pokemon.

Reaction score

It was Pokemon for me, but then I got bored of it. When I really got into stuff it was Dragon Ball and Yu-Gi-Oh that were my first ones.

never ever giving up
Reaction score

Either Pokémon or DBZ. Can't really remember which exactly was it.

Close Enough.
Reaction score

Technically, the first anime I watched was Pokemon. Then Dragonball/Dragonball Z. I would rather not count them though, because I was only into them for a short period of time before I actually knew what anime was. Death Note was my first anime that I actively watched, where as with the others, I would only watch them if they were on TV at a convenient time.

I did however go back and watch all of Dragonball and Dragonball Z Kai a last summer :D

I will burn my dread!
Reaction score

The first anime I watched was Pokemon. All my friends were watching the Johto saga, but for whatever reason, I watched a bunch of VHS tapes of the original Kanto series. Outside of those VHS tapes, I didn't watch Pokemon that much. I didn't watch any anime at all for a couple years until my Fourth Grade friends introduced me to Naruto. Naruto was pretty much the only anime I've ever actively followed as it was airing new episodes. And now here I am, watching Cowboy Bebop and Code Geass on YouTube.

They call me crazy.
Reaction score
Pokémon, or Sailor Moon. I can't remember which now.

「badass」
Reaction score

If Pokemon or Digimon don't count than Shugo Chara!

erase that..Hamtaro or Sailor Moon. I think Sailor Moon

Lovely
Reaction score

Definitely Sailor Moon.

What up?
Reaction score

I'm pretty sure it was Dragon Ball.

Vile Insect.
Reaction score

Either Dragon Ball, DBZ, or Sailor Moon.

Reaction score

If Pokemon isn't counted, it would be Sailor Moon then YuYu Hakusho and sometime around then Ronin Warriors back when Cartoon Network was better..