• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Anime Do you remember the first anime you watched?

Kuroii

Reaction score
The first I watched was Soul eater. I've been watching anime for about a year.

Last edited:
Re: Do you remember the first anime ou watch?

Hmm... actually, being totally honest, I think it was Pokemon. I remember kids talking about it while I was in kindergarten or 1st grade, so I started watching it. And then I was hooked. I think I was also watching Sailor Moon and Cardcaptors at that time, so they are all what I consider my first anime series.

Sailor Moon. I didn't even realise it was a particular kind of cartoon style, per se, but I loved it.

Well, Pokemon of course... Other than that, Sailor Moon, Cardcaptors, and Inuyasha.

Um, it's been so long that I can't really remember that FIRST one I watched, but.... It was either, Sailor Moon, Pokemon, or Cardcaptors.... And one of my other firsts were Inuyasha and Tokyo Mew Mew...

Oh, and around that time I was also watching the original Fullmetal Alchemist.

Last edited:

I might have watched another Anime first, but Samurai Pizza Cats is the first show I watched that I knew was from Japan, thanks to its setting, and it was also the first I got really into. From what I remember, the dub was pretty damn hilarious, and I bet it would be even funnier if I watched it now. Well, aside from Polly Esther; I loved her back in 1997, but I'm sure she's the sort of character I'd despise nowadays.

Everybody talk about Sailor moon, but I don't know this anime, does someone could send me the opening or just a wallpaper?

It was Pokemon for me, but then I got bored of it. When I really got into stuff it was Dragon Ball and Yu-Gi-Oh that were my first ones.

Either Pokémon or DBZ. Can't really remember which exactly was it.

Technically, the first anime I watched was Pokemon. Then Dragonball/Dragonball Z. I would rather not count them though, because I was only into them for a short period of time before I actually knew what anime was. Death Note was my first anime that I actively watched, where as with the others, I would only watch them if they were on TV at a convenient time.

I did however go back and watch all of Dragonball and Dragonball Z Kai a last summer :D

The first anime I watched was Pokemon. All my friends were watching the Johto saga, but for whatever reason, I watched a bunch of VHS tapes of the original Kanto series. Outside of those VHS tapes, I didn't watch Pokemon that much. I didn't watch any anime at all for a couple years until my Fourth Grade friends introduced me to Naruto. Naruto was pretty much the only anime I've ever actively followed as it was airing new episodes. And now here I am, watching Cowboy Bebop and Code Geass on YouTube.

If Pokemon or Digimon don't count than Shugo Chara!

erase that..Hamtaro or Sailor Moon. I think Sailor Moon

I'm pretty sure it was Dragon Ball.

Either Dragon Ball, DBZ, or Sailor Moon.

If Pokemon isn't counted, it would be Sailor Moon then YuYu Hakusho and sometime around then Ronin Warriors back when Cartoon Network was better..

Back
Top Bottom