• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Anime Do you remember the first anime you watched?

I watched a little of the original Pokemon series when I was tiny. (Nostalgia goggling f yeah)
Then, oddly enough, I got back into anime by watching Gurren Lagann about a year ago.
Aww yeah.

The absolute first? I believe it was Warriors of the Wind, which happened to be a terrible, hacked dub of Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind. Either that, or it was Leo the White Lion, the follow up to Kimba. But the first "I know this is anime" I ever watched was Project A-Ko back in the 90s. One of my friends had it on Laserdisc. Man, am I ever dating myself... :sweat:

American cartoons, it's probably Loony Tunes
Japanese anime, I think the first I saw was Sailor Moon
Hm, since you brought up American series, I'm going to answer this too. I want to say my first series was probably the Smurfs. My mother said a friend of hers mentioned how much her kids loved the Smurfs and how I might. The show was still pretty much new at the time and came on NBC, Saturday mornings, so at about a year old, I was watching the Smurfs. Loved it ever since.
The absolute first? I believe it was Warriors of the Wind, which happened to be a terrible, hacked dub of Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind. Either that, or it was Leo the White Lion, the follow up to Kimba. But the first "I know this is anime" I ever watched was Project A-Ko back in the 90s. One of my friends had it on Laserdisc. Man, am I ever dating myself... :sweat:
lol Back in middle school (for me) we sometimes watched those educational videos (VHS), but sometimes we had laserdiscs. I remember my 8th grade science class using them. Hm...I think I just dated myself too. lol

Last edited:
Outlaw Star, when I was about eight years old and had NO clue what I was watching. ^^; I loved Gene to bits, though. ^_^

It has to be among Sailor Moon, Cardcaptor Sakura, Monster Rancher or Tenchi Muyo.

The first anime I got into was Death Note. I think I watched it about 4 years ago and my tastes have vastly changed since then :p

I don't remember any of the specifics, but it was Speed Racer. My second was Sailor Moon (I only saw a few episodes though, and I don't remember any of them). My third was Pokémon. I didn't even know what "anime" was until after I started watching Pokémon.

They used to air quite some dubbed animé over there back when I was little, but I'm pretty sure it has to be Digimon Adventure, Pokémon (the first season) or Sailor Moon. I only watched random episodes though. The first animé I finished was the dubbed version of Fushigi Yugi a few years later.

I apparently watched Digimon when I was a baby, but watched Advanced Generation when I was around 6. I started watching Cardcaptor Sakura around the age of 10. And I still haven't gotten past episode 6. :p

I remember it was DBZ, Frieza vs Vegeta, we'll he ends up getting his ass whooped by Frieza.

Good memories when DBZ on TV, used to wake up 7 in the morning just to watch a episode.

I remember it was DBZ, Frieza vs Vegeta, we'll he ends up getting his ass whooped by Frieza.

Good memories when DBZ on TV, used to wake up 7 in the morning just to watch a episode.

and to watch Cheez TV which is way better than toasted tv

It probably was Dragon Ball Z/Pokemon

I saw one episode of Pokémon when I was about eight, then promptly gave up.

The first anime I properly watched would be Soul Eater.

If I remember correctly, It would be Pokemon (First Season), Zatch Bell, Dragon Ball Z, and Naruto.

The first one I remember watching was Pokemon when it first aired in the US. It was one of the only shows my grandmother would watch with me.

Back
Top Bottom