• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Anime Do you remember the first anime you watched?

Pokemon- I think, closely followed by Yu-Gi-Oh!:bounce:. It was funny, 'cause when I was little I thought they were American shows, and I was randomly obsessed with anime and watched raws all the time just because I thought anime was so cool:sweatlol:.

As a kid, the first anime I watched was Moomin in the mornings during the mid to early 1990's. I didn't realize that it was an anime until I did some reading up on it last year. Moomin was a unique show as it was conceived through a joint partnership between TV Tokyo and Finlands Broadcasting YLE and when it was commissioned by the BBC it was dubbed in Cardiff of all places. I wasn't really a regular watcher of the show though.

Next I started to watch Digimon and Beyblade but again those were pretty patchy viewings as I eventually outgrew the two in favor of Pokemon.

Oh, wow. That's tough. It was either Pokémon, Yu-Gi-Oh!, or Stand Alone Complex. But that was so long ago. I eventually stopped watching those, and haven't even known the meaning of anime or watched any until I got into Techno music, which was years later, about a year or two ago.

The first anime I ever watched was Samurai X. I was surfing through the TV looking for Invader Zim when I stumbled upon it. After a few clips, I switched channels and never looked back.

Pokémon, but the first anime I watched after I knew what anime was was Evangelion, I think.

Aside from a few shows that i would occasionally watched as a kid, the first real anime i watched from beginning to end was The Wallflower.

Dragon Ball Z hahaha, some 20 years ago, I was 2 back then... It was a kids kinda thing, bought DBZ school bag, DBZ pencil case, collect DBZ cards, DBZ figures... Heck I even had that DBZ game on Sega Saturn. And then there were a bunch of kids show such as Doraemon and the likes.

But the first 'mature' series I got into was Fullmetal Alchemist (the first one.) Now that's a whole load of tears blood and gore to start off my hobby hah.

The very first anime I ever watched was Sailor Moon on what used to be "UPN 44" in the mornings before elementary school.

The first anime I watched intentionally was Tokyo Mew Mew.

Ha, magical girl. :p

I think mine was Sailor Moon also, though Dragon ball, Pokemon and Digimon came out not too long after. I've been watching anime since I was like 8 and I still do, with relish. I'm an anime connoisseur.

One Piece (the awful dub)... then Dragon Ball Z then some good ol' fashion Pokemon.

Back
Top Bottom