• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Anime Do you remember the first anime you watched?

Oreimo. Me and my siblings decided it was high time that we watched an anime, and on the site where you download it it did not mention a eroge obsessed girl and her boring brother, and some dumb cosplayer. But it was great, non the less! Full of awesome memories.

Before that I did see an episode of something random now and again, but that barely counts

Yeah, it was Pokémon for me too, it's kinda what got me into the series in the first place. I dont'remember the specific episode, but I do recall there was a lot of snow in it.

I guess Pokémon, Yugioh, or any other Saturday cartoon anime? I can't really remember, haha.

I first encountered Sailor Moon at the library and checked out the DVD because it was the first time I saw anything close to the Saturday Anime cartoons.

The first one I watched when I started exploring past the mainstream ones was Nyan Koi. It's lovely!

I think it was Sailor Moon, which I remember watching when I was five, mostly because my older sister would watch it.

As far as I can remember it might be Kimba the White Lion, or it's sequel Leo. I watched both but I'm not sure in which order.
I don't know if this counts because it's an italian/japanese production, but at least the Calimero series I watched apparently was made by Toei?

Would like to give this thread a life for bit.

First Childhood Anime: Pokemon. Yeah I watched it when DP aired.

First *Real* Anime: D-Gray Man. Too bad I didn't finish all episodes, might give it a rewatch later. Another one is Shakugan no Shana. Again, same case.

Aside from that, I probably have viewed Doraemon and some other kids shows back in Kindergarden.

Excluding the basics TV Anime(Pokemon, Yu-Gi-Oh, Digimon, and Beyblade for me).

I think according to my memory I watch Ranma 1/2 or Inuyasha. I believe it was the former, despite still not finishing it to this day.

Pokemon, obviously — also some random episodes of Yu-Gi-Oh, Dragon Ball, and Sonic X here and there.

The first "real" anime I watched though was either Slayers or Keroro Gunsou (A.K.A. Sgt. Frog), I just can't remember which came first. I still have a lot of fond memories of Keroro (the dub is delightfully weird) but I really need to revisit Slayers sometime soon too.

Back
Top Bottom