• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Anime Do you remember the first anime you watched?

It would've been either Pokémon or Yugioh for me, not 100% sure which considering how long ago it was when I first started watching them.

But the first anime where I knew it was 'anime' was Inuyasha, I'd stay up until midnight to watch it on Adult Swim where it aired after Futurama at the time, IIRC.

mine was pokemon because it was on tv, but i don't necessarily count it tbh. i tend to count Madoka Magica as my first anime because it was the first thing i actually sat down, watched, and got invested in. i think i was like 11

I started with Pokemon like so many others here. I usually consider little witch academia (my second) as my first to at least stand out a little.

I always figured it was Pokemon, but now that I think about it I'm pretty sure it was Superbook. I remember seeing a couple of episodes when I was little and I'm 99% sure that was before I watched Pokemon.

It was either DBZ or Digimon, as I remember owning the latter on video tape. But to be honest at the time, being a child, I saw these as cartoons and wasn't really opened up to what anime was. The anime i'd class as my first when getting into anime was probably Death Note?

Definitely Pokemon. I don't remember me watching anything else under the anime category until I was older

It depends on whether the question considers my ability to distinguish between a "cartoon" and an "anime".

During my childhood I watched several animes, but I didn't distinguish between them and other cartoons present on Brazilian television, I didn't even know the existence of such a differentiation and, often, even the place of origin of the works.

In this context, the first anime I watched was probably Dragon Ball, as it was omnipresent in the Tupiniquin lands, but it could well have been Saint Seiya: Knights of the Zodiac, Sakura Cardcaptor or some other. The truth is: I don't know for sure.

Later, as a teenager, after I was introduced to the world of anime by some classmates, the first anime I watched was: Elfen Lied. In fact, I must have previously watched some episodes of some other anime, which I no longer remember, with my colleagues. Elfen Lied was, however, the first anime that, after some research, I decided to watch in full.

Back
Top Bottom