• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Do you reset your game?

Krash

I aim to misbehave
Reaction score
I'm a sucker for story and progression, so every once in a while I'll take my game, upload my Pokemon to Bank, and restart a save with a different starter. This time around, I opted to go for a different gender. This always gives me a feeling of excitement and adventure, but at the same time I feel a little daunted because I have to recollect all the mega stones, gym badges, TMs, etc. The plus side is I can catch the Legendaries again, and use the newly caught ones as trade fodder.

My question is, does anybody else do the same thing? What are your reasons for resetting your game? Do you think it's a waste of time?

Yeah I also reset my game. After I finished HeartGold, for example, and sent everything to my White version I restarted my game to play it again. I wish those games would have more than one save file so you could have a new and old adventure going at once :/

I never reset my game. I grow attached to my Pokemon. Plus I don't want to lose any event Pokemon.

I too purchase both games and have one as a reset file. I had recently gone through Black 2, Black, HeartGold and Platinum which are reset file games. I am now almost done with Omega Ruby, been using a dragon team through out the game.

I'm also one who buys two copies/versions of a game if I want to reset. A while ago I finished my second run of Alpha Sapphire. Just recently I reset my 2nd copy of EoS for Super Mystery Dungeon hype. And if I like Super Mystery Dungeon enough, I'll buy 2 copies of that as well.

Sometimes I reset my games, but only after transferring my main team (and any other Pokemon that I'm attached to) and legendaries to another game. Other times I don't reset because I'm too attached to that file. Whenever I reset the game it's usually because I want to experience the story again and try some Pokemon I've never used before.

No, never. Considering how many things I've done on each and every save file, I would never consider resetting my game. Now, if only Pokemon games could hold multiple saves...

It depends on how much I like my current team and how close I am to completing the current pokédex. The good thing is that, having nearly all the core series games I can often easily find a game to reset :) Just redid Y not long ago and I absolutely loved it, redoing Ruby in a Nuzlocke, and planning on redoing either FireRed or LeafGreen and one of the Gen II games too soon. Busy summer ahead :D

I do it quite a lot, actually. I made regular resets on the GBA/DS games due to the handy Pal Park/Poke Transporter. It was the only way to get all the starters/box legends for me. I haven't done it on any Gen VI games yet, but I'm considering replaying Y through soon once I transfer everything into Bank/other save games.

Lots of times...usually I want to see which new team will triumph over the Champion.

I reset my games when I'm done with their save files and all of my Pokemon have been transferred.

The only game which I regularly sacrifice save files on is Fire Emblem, so no. I don't want to get attached to a team and have them get either deleted or seperated from their OT. I'd like it if Pokémon allowed multiple save files though.

I reset my games, usually to experience the gameplay again and possibly with a different team.

I usually want my valuable Pokemon (shinies, bred awesomes and some legendaries) safe before it, and I'm glad PokeBank makes it possible nowadays. However I usually reset once I have the newest game available and completely played through. So, I wouldn't have reset Y before I had played OR through etc.

I have trouble finishing my reset games sometimes. SoulSilver feels just damn slow now, and I want to replay my Black 2 already. :/

I reset my game all the time when I complete it. Just because it is too boring when there are no longer mission to complete.

I do this all the time. I'll transfer whatever Pokemon I don't want to delete onto another game and just restart whatever I want. For me, playing the games again is like reading a good book for a second time. It just doesn't get old.

Yes, all the time. I'll play through the main story 3 times, each with a different starter.

Please note: The thread is from 9 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom