• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Do you rotate your team?

No. I usually have 5 or 6 Pokemon that I use consistently all the way through the game.

Mmyeah I do rotate. Too many favourite Pokémons to battle only with six of them!

Naah. Before the end of the game it just takes too much time and their aren't enough trainers to battle. In HG I did have multiple teams but I made most after the E4.

Usually no. I rotate until, like, the fourth gym, then it's static from there. After I beat the game, I rotate again.

i keep mine static I'd find it too hard to change it up, also I fall in love with my team to much to want to put any of them away.

Mine are always switching around I find as I have a few teams =P

But I mostly stick with my Sandstorm team for my main team even though it's gone though alot of line up changes.

I only just started rotating my team in White. Until then, however, if a mon was boxed, it wouldn't be seen again.

I can't possibly train less than 10 pokemon at the same time. I've tried.

Eventually, because of type disadvantages in areas and such, some pokemon end up falling behind than a "main" team though, and in the end I wind up with a secondary and even a third team.

But most of the time before doing anything I stay on the computer thinking about what do I bring with me. And if it's a wrong choice, it means a trip back to the pokecenter. Most of the time without Fly.

Static for the most part. This is mainly due to me being to lazy to train up a full squad, hehe.

I do like to rotate some of my HM users, but thats pretty much due to the fact that I only use them for their moves.

I do it to balance my favorites or get them to a higher level. Anyone who needs to evolve goes in spot #1

I don't rotate my team. I caught my pokes because I wanted to, and I don't change my team.

For example in Gen III, I ALWAYS had a Sceptile, Azumarill, Gardevoir, Swellow, Castform + the mascot legendary on my team (I never include others)

No rotation.

Grinding between a select few Pokemon during the playthrough and having an HM slave works out well. I generally overlevel by 5-10 levels above the next Gym Leader as well, oftentimes, I don't even take type into consideration unless I have a Poke on my team who can dish out super effective damage anyway.

I don't exactly rotate, nor keep my team the way it is.

I replace members throughout the journey, such as Scolipede, who was replaced by a Galvantula for the post-game stuff. Unfezant was replaced by Mandibuzz as well. During the main story, I replaced Darumaka by Axew as soon as I was able to.

So basically, by the time I ditch my team of six, and start breeding/working on Pokédex/Ev training, the only original member left would by my starter.

^This is basically what I do ingame. In White, I used Snivy (my starter), Lillipup, Panpour, Drillbur, Zorua, Minccino, Emolga, Ducklett, Axew, and Zekrom (only for the final battles of the main story) various times in my journey.

My party against the final bosses was Serperior, Excedrill, Zoroark, Cinccino, Swanna, and Haxorus/Zekrom.

Since I didn't consider White's ingame to be over until I was champion, I used them a bit in what people might consider the 'post game' as I explored Eastern Unova and raised our levels for the rematch, but I didn't catch any new members and only used the team above.

After that, when I was clearly in the post-game, I use basically whatever's nice. Sometimes my Shaymin from the Toys R Us event years ago, sometimes the same Haxorus and Cinccino (especially when I was completing the Unova Dex). Lots of times, I use Volcarona, because Flame Body + Fly = Super Convenient. My battling Pokémon are either whatever I need to catch/RNG something (hello, Chatot) or whatever I'm going to use to battle.

EDIT: I also never use HM Slaves ingame, forcing my team to use the crappy HM moves in 5-8 of my team's 24 moveslots. It's part of the ingame challenge, as I see it.

I keep my original six until my first Pokemon League, maybe with one or two replacements. In my opinion, challenging the elite four for the first time with Pokemons not trained from the start of the game is too risky. I train more than 6 Pokemons as a countermeasure substitute for various kinds of Gyms, but I generally keep my original six until Elite 4.

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom